“Cozy stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Annapolis
Gatehouse Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #19 of 25 Annapolis B&B and Inns
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Cozy stay”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Very friendly proprietors that truly seem to love what they're doing. Great breakfast and comfortable room. The room we had, however, did not have bathroom en suite--not an issue for my husband and I, but something to keep in mind. A little on the expensive side, but overall, we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ear464

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Portage,wi
Reviewed October 15, 2012

My husband and I traveled to Annapolis to visit our son Ben as he finished his plebe year at the United States Naval Academy. Our stay @ the Gatehouse Bed and Breakfast was exceptional. As the cliche goes..... location, location, location :). Well, from our tidy, cheerful room we were overlooking the "yard", literally a few feet out our window. Sentimental, maybe, but it was wonderful to walk down the street and be able to meet Ben near one of the gates. Our hosts, Nick and Cheryl, are professional, knowledgable proprietors, who had our best interests at heart every moment. From advising on parking, staying safe, local restaurant choices and just local "fun" in general, they were the BEST. We felt safe, cared about and respected. It is a beautiful, clean, well appointed B&B. We will be staying with them again! The breakfast is superb-especially the fruit-thanks Nick!! -Midshipman parents from Wisconsin *Go Navy*

Room Tip: The rooms on the Hanover street side overlook the "yard" if you are interested in seeing w...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jeynell B
Princeton, New Jersey
Reviewed June 12, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Gatehouse when we dropped our son off for USNA Summer Seminar last weekend. Knowing nothing else, we chose the Gatehouse because of its proximity to the USNA Gate 3, which is just across the street. We were racing to get my son to the seminar registration in time. Jody went out of her way to park our car for us--amazing service that really put our minds at ease. More than that, our room was outstanding. Clean, large, and comfortable; it appeared to be recently renovated. But the best part was breakfast the next day. Jody's breakfast is to die for. And Nick's stories had us rolling at the breakfast table. He missed his calling as a standup comedian. If we didn't have plans we could have stayed at the breakfast table all day. Our only regret is not having time to spend with the proprietors on their wonderful deck at cocktail hour.--Ray

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Ray G
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed June 7, 2012

I stay at the Gatehouse every year while attending the Safety At Sea Seminar which is held at the Annapolis Naval Academy. The location next to the Academy is perfect and normally I try to stay at in one of the wonderful suites. Each room is decorated beautifully and is spotless and comfortable. The furniture is really in excellent condition and of high quality and it is much like being at home. The most fun is breakfast with the owners and talking to them and enjoying the wonderful breakfast. The owners are like family and each year they remember all the things we talked about and my interest in sailing and my plans for retirement. The location of the B&B is right on top of downtown Annapolis and parking can be found close to the B&B. I also visit when I go look at boats for sale that I am interested in viewing. So for me the one answer when visiting Annapolis is to get a room at the Gatehouse. Kent Riedling Raleigh North Carolina

Room Tip: The suites are beautiful and very relaxing to stay in and the 3rd floor room is very quiet and of co...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Belmar, New Jersey
Reviewed June 7, 2012

I cannot thank Nick, Jody and Cheryl for welcoming me into their "family" during Commencement
Week at Annapolis. Not only was my room clean, cozy and a trip back to the
Victorian Era, it was comfortable and welcoming and I so much enjoyed
sleeping in the third floor suite like a celebrity.

Breakfast was a treat every day!! Not only was the food excellent and well
prepared, but the conversation was really the highlight for me. The three
of them sat with my friend Ginny and me as if we were their only guests, and
kept us laughing at all of their stories as Nick's coffee flowed and we woke up.
Ginny and I felt very much a part of the Gatehouse and Annapolis because of
their kind thoughtfulness to us during our stay.

I will be back again in the fall and next spring. I look forward to being
part of their family again and what I call "The Gatehouse Experience". There is not
one thing more they could have done. They did it all and we will be back!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Wall, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed June 6, 2012

A good friend and I stayed at the Gatehouse for 8 nights for the Naval Academy Graduation and other events. Being so close to Gate 3 was a huge advantage. The day before arriving an email was sent to us by the owner asking for my cell phone # and approximate time of arrival. She then called again to ask where we were on our trip and because of this, she was there to greet us. We stayed on the 3rd floor in 2 rooms which were very delightful and our hosts could not have been kinder. they made the most excellent breakfasts, and joined us telling funny stories and joining in discussions. Cheryl was on call to us 24/7 and at the B&B within 5-10 minutes to solve a problem. She even drove us to the stadium for the graduation. To me that is over the top. Every breakfast was different. the living room was enjoyable for a peaceful afternoon or evening, and the deck in the back was also a nice place to convene for conversation or reading. They were always helpful in their knowledge of the area. Also, got us parking permits. They are within a nice walk into the beautiful town of Annapolis. This is the place I would stay if I return to Annapolis again.

Room Tip: Having stayed on the 3rd floor that is my only experience. It was quiet and had its own thermostat...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed June 1, 2012

My husband and I spent 4 nights at the Gatehouse B&B while attending the 2012 US Naval Academy Graduation last week. The location is great - one block from Gate 3 at the Academy and its beautiful campus, and within walking distance to the charming old town of Annapolis with great restaurants (Try Harry Browne's and Galway Irish Pub) and the Historic Maryland State House. The Gatehouse was clean, quiet, and well appointed. The hosts, Nick, Jody and Cheryl, were beyond gracious, and very entertaining! After they cooked and served our breakfast, they visited with the guests! We thoroughly enjoyed their company! One guest who was there at the same time as we were, had been coming there since 1985!!! The breakfasts were served with linen and china, and daily included fresh fruit cups served in stemware. The menu included cheese omelets one day, unbelieveable baked eggs one day, and Creme Brulee French Toast...all with bacon, sausage, and potatoes. We heard about the Waffles Banana Foster...but it was not on the menu when we were there! It may have been worth staying an extra day for that! Cheryl called us prior to our arrival and let us check in before noon! She was available by cell phone 24/7, and checked us in for our return flight home and printed off our boarding passes!
We give it a 10 out of 10!

Room Tip: There is no swimming pool nor fitness centre. We stayed in the Anne Rundal Room, and it was large...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple