“Wonderful Cruise on the Bay to St. Michaels”

Watermark Cruises and Tours
Ranked #2 of 32 Tours in Annapolis
More attraction details
Owner description: Harbor Queen is the well known tour boat docked at the end of Annapolis City Dock. Come enjoy a 40 minute cruise or take a walking tour with our Colonial guides. With over 7 regular cruises and 4 walking tours in Annapolis to choose from, Watermark offers many ways to have fun in Annapolis! We also offer cruises of the Baltimore Inner Harbor, group tours, field trips and private events on our yachts.
Reviewed August 6, 2010

In June our group of 5 ranging in age from 26 to 80-something took the Watermark day long cruise from Annapolis to St. Michaels, MD. Even though most of us were from the Annapolis area and had been to St. Michaels by car, the experience of traveling and arriving by yacht made it seem as if we had gone on vacation far away from home.
The crew was attentive and fun - adding to our enjoyment of the day. Captain Dean even invited the octogenarian in our group to take the wheel of the yacht and gave us all a mini-lesson in piloting the vessel.
St. Michaels is a beautiful little town full of history, great food and interesting shops.
Truly a great day!

8  Thank CKM48
There are newer reviews for Watermark Cruises and Tours

Reviewed August 3, 2010

We booked the Lady Sarah with Captain Melonie for our corporate event in July of 2010 and the entire crew did a fabulous job! I would strongly recommend them for events in the area OR a tour when you are in Annapolis sightseeing. The entire team was incredibly professional, the accommodations were fabulous, and the trip out across the harbor was very enjoyable. For a team event, the Lady Sarah is excellent with both an upper deck that is exposed to the elements and an air-conditioned lower deck that includes restrooms, a bar, and plenty of seating areas. My understanding is that when she is not booked, the Lady Sarah runs regular tours of the harbor which would be fabulous!

1  Thank junior_traveler
Reviewed July 24, 2010

We had our Wedding on the Catherine Marie, the biggest ship owned by Watermark Cruises, we had 50 guests and the size of the ship was perfect for everyone to move around very comfortably, it could easily take 50 more. It was simply flawlessly planned and executed, Kona, our wedding coordinator was nothing but professional and thorough. Captain Ron Gonzalez our ceremony officiant is a Gem. The cruise lasted 4hours and we timed it for a 6pm boarding at Annapolis City Dock. We had the most gorgeous sunset and views during the cruise and all the guests had a blast. We chose the Main Ingredient as our caterer, Watermark work really well with them, so there were no hitches at all.
We had to organize our wedding from out of State, from Florida actually, and the choice of some top notch professionals made it just a breeze.
A wedding to remember, wish I could do it all over again! Highly recommended for any occasion and worth every cent.

2  Thank MG1926
Reviewed July 9, 2010

Took the short 40 minute cruise and loved it. Saw many things would not have been able to experience and the day was beautiful out on the water. The information given during the cruise is very interesting and the price is very reasonable. I wish I had the tiem to cruise to St Michaels and back on Watermark Cruise. Next time for sure. Take this short cruise and you will not be sorry...it is a lot of fun for all ages :-)

1  Thank wblu
Reviewed July 9, 2010

On July 3, 2010, my husband and I took a Watermark all-day cruise from Annapolis to historic St. Michaels, MD, on board the 65-foot Lady Sarah, with our most able Captain Melonie at the helm. It was a spectacular day for a 2-hour cruise one-way and approximately 25 nautical miles. The Lady Sarah vessel is spectacular. The cabin is very plush and comfortable with a full bar. The restrooms are nice, large and clean. We received free coffee, donuts and a non-alcoholic beverage on the cruise. We stayed on the deck to soak up the sunshine and beauty of the Chesapeake Bay. My nose is peeling from sunburn as I should have brought some sunscreen. There were sailboats galore on the Bay. We could see the Chesapeake Bay Bridge in the distance. We passed the famous Thomas Point Lighthouse and Poplar Island under restoration which was a past resort for the powerful and famous. We also passed the Bloody Point Bar Lighthouse. The crew were very helpful and friendly. Captain Melonie acclimated the passengers and provided an overview of the ship and safety measures. She also narrated parts of the cruise citing points of interest and local history along the way. Captain Melonie was very amenable to any questions the passengers might have. I had an opportunity to ask her a few questions while she was at the helm in the bridge of the ship. What an impressive sight to see! She answered all my questions completely and with a smile. You could not ask for a more capable, skillful and friendly ship Captain. We arrived at St. Michaels with 3-1/2 hours to tour the historic town. Free access to the Maritime Museum and Hooper Strait Lighthouse located at the dock is included with the admission of the cruise. We ate a traditional lunch at The Crab Claw Restaurant (Maryland Blue Crab appetizer and crab imperial entree) which was delicious! We also enjoyed the great waterview. We strolled the historic streets of St. Michaels and visited the quaint shoppes. Then it was back to the Lady Sarah. I asked Captain Melonie if I could take a picture of her and her crew. She was most happy to pose for the photo. On the way back to Annapolis, Captain Melonie, the crew and passengers sang songs such as the theme from "Gilligan's Island." A great time was had by all. Serving as Captain of the Lady Sarah is an awesome responsibility. Captain Melonie was certainly up for the challenge and she did so very ably, in a very friendly manner and with a great a smile! I would highly recommend this and other Watermark cruises. This was our second Watermark cruise. The first was a 45-minute cruise of historic Annapolis which was very informative. We plan to take other Watermark cruises in the future. Upon return home, I accidentally deleted the photo I took on my cell phone camera of Captain Melonie and her crew. I was devastated. I contacted Watermark and asked if there would be a way I could get a picture of Captain Melonie and her crew. Low and behold, I received an e-mail from Captain Melonie wherein she sent several photos of her and her crew, one of which I have posted on my Facebook page along with other cruise photos. For me, that was the best part of our cruise experience which was certainly above and beyond the call of duty. I very much appreciate Captain Melonie's kindness and generousity in sending the photos. Thanks Captain Mel! Wishing everyone at Watermark smooth seas and prevailing winds and a great summer for all! Enjoy!!

3  Thank EarthyBarbara