“Nice way to get acquainted with Annapolis.”

Watermark Cruises and Tours
Ranked #2 of 31 Tours in Annapolis
More attraction details
Owner description: Harbor Queen is the well known tour boat docked at the end of Annapolis City Dock. Come enjoy a 40 minute cruise or take a walking tour with our Colonial guides. With over 7 regular cruises and 4 walking tours in Annapolis to choose from, Watermark offers many ways to have fun in Annapolis! We also offer cruises of the Baltimore Inner Harbor, group tours, field trips and private events on our yachts.
Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

Squire Richard , our guide, was very knowledgeable of Annapolis and gave us nice overview of history of the city and the USA.

1  Thank EGLERIO
"thomas point lighthouse"
in 19 reviews
"great cruise"
in 12 reviews
"highly recommend this cruise"
in 7 reviews
"boat ride"
in 23 reviews

Reviewed September 23, 2012

Harbor Queen was booked for a private function, so we made our way to the smaller Spa Creek Tour on the 24' Miss Anne. Bought the tickets ($14 a piece) directly from the boat captain (cash only, credit cards require purchase at their ticket booth at the nearby City Dock). We barely made it to the 5:30pm cruise, and were lucky that other than us three, there were just two other people doing the cruise, so it felt more like a private function. If the boat had been full, it would have felt quite crowded.

The boat has a captain and the equivalent of what might be titled a purser, both very amicable and honestly, quite fun in their commentary; not fun in an over-the-top joke-a-minute have-a-beer-to-enjoy-yourself type of cruise, but in an "I know this fact or other about the things you are seeing and this is a neat anecdote to tell you about" way. And there is commentary along the way, both in the form of a recorded message timed to what you are cruising by at the moment, plus the well-placed interventions from the captain to add the anecdotes. The whole thing takes just about 40 minutes from departure to arrival.

Note this type of cruise (the Spa Creek Tour) is not a true cruise in the larger sense of the word. You will simply pull out of the berth, go around the inner part of the harbor that borders a large number of fine homes and moored boats, and hear about the history of Annapolis. There are no restrooms on board, and they have a medium sized ice chest with soft drinks and beer for purchase. Given the beauty and compactness of the Annapolis inner harbor, doing this cruise is a terrific way of seeing Annapolis quickly but in a leisurely way. Doing the cruise in the late afternoon was for us a great way to relax while being informed and taking in some great views.

Recommended, particularly if you can get on one of the tours which is fairly empty.

1  Thank BallenitaAzul
Reviewed September 12, 2012

I've lived in Maryland for nearly 8 years, about 20 miles from Annapolis, but I've known about the harbor tours much longer than that, and have always wanted to take one. (I have a rough commute, so not a lot of free time.) On Monday, I took the car in for its emissions test, and since the weather was so beautiful, I brought my miniature Schnauzers (who think they're Rottweilers) along for the ride. I was just going to walk them around the harbor (something they love to do that we haven't had much opportunity for, this long, hot summer), but I got out of MVA sooner than expected, and arrived just in time for the last tour on the Harbour Queen.

"Do you want to come aboard?" asked the young lady at the ticket kiosk.

"Depends. Can the boys come, too?"

"Sure!"

And off we went, three ringside seats on the prow of the main deck. My little one was delighted by the bay air (his little snout working constantly, tilter upward to take in as much air as he could breathe). He was fascinated by the water--the boats--the gulls--everything. The older one was content to bask in the sunshine and fresh air. And I? For 40 minutes, I thought of nothing but ocean, sky, and sun, and became the Queen of the Harbour and mistress of my fate as my good ship reminded me how much I missed such excursions. I grew up on Long Island, and haven't been to the dock in BayShore where I spent so much "thinking time" or Robert Moses State Park (my favorite beach) since 1991. Now I'm thinking about taking my friend on the cruise to St. Michaels for her birthday at the end of the month--but one way or the other, the puppies and I will be back for a boatride again!

2  Thank JustMe1608
Reviewed September 11, 2012

My friends and I went on this tour while in Annapolis. We learned a lot about the State House and the Naval Academy, as well as things about Annapolis's history. I wish we'd spent less time at the Naval Academy simply because I'd hoped to see more of the historic homes and streets, but it was a good tour.

3  Thank QuickWhitTravel
See more reviews
Reviewed September 9, 2012

We were in Annapolis for the first time. We decided to take the Harbor Cruise. We were able to pre purchase our tickets. Since we had not eaten lunch we asked about bringing food on board. Yes we were able to do that. So we walked around and found Pinky's Hot Dog shop, got our great lunch and brought it on board to eat. That was fun. The ship does have drinks (soft and hard) and snacks. So you can get things to munch on while you enjoy your Harbor Cruise.
The Chesapeake Bay is a great waterway. This was a good way to get some more history, learn about the bay and see the Naval Academy from another angle. Very friendly crew. Great Price.

1  Thank abby57