“Worst place I have ever stayed”
Review of Village Inn

Village Inn
Village Inn
Ranked #21 of 21 Hotels in Annapolis
Altoona, Pennsylvania
“Worst place I have ever stayed”
Reviewed July 9, 2014

I am in my 20's and have stayed in some pretty bad places in my lifetime but this one takes the cake. We were looking to stay some place cheap just driving through on a road trip and discovered this dump. The room was still dirty from whoever stayed in it last. There were gummy bears laying on the ground, hair still in the beds, stains in the sheets, and to top it off, mold in the shower. It looked like they were doing renovations when we were there but outside the room there was sheets of drywall and mattresses just sitting there exposed. Just an all around disgusting place. We even wore our clothes to bed and didn't even bother to take showers due to the cleanliness of the room. The one good thing is there is a gas station next door you can buy beer at because you will have to drink yourself to sleep. If your looking for a rats nest, then this is the place to stay!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
7 Thank jorr54

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Albany, New York
Reviewed February 24, 2014

After an aggravating time finding a reasonable hotel, I had to settle on this. I couldn't wait to leaave by 7am the next morning to head for Annapolis. I told the manager there were bugs in the bed: small grey round ones. He said he would take care of it. NOT. I got to the family wedding hotel in Bethesda that afternoon w/ itchy welts on my shoulder . It was disgusting. To make it worse, it was the most expensive hotel I stayed in during my vacation. I was looking for a Motel 6, Red Roof, but none to be found in Annapolis. Even the small hotel I stayed in in Dover was nicer than this. It should be inspected and closed.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank kahy w

Travelers are raving about these Annapolis hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 19, 2014

I really didn't expect too much, check in was fairly poor, the room looked a little dowdy and staff seemed thin on the ground.

First appearances can be deceptive! I was there for 8 days (a longer time than originally expected), my stay being extended by the need for urgent unplanned dental treatment. The staff couldn't have been more helpful, people brought in home made soups to help me to eat, and were even kind enoguh to invite me to their own staff party thrown by the management as a "thank you" for all their work.

Breakfasts were good, the endless coffee and muffins were appreciated and the hospitality and sould of this hotel outshone most of those others I had previousoly stayed in. And I appreciate the ability to smoke in my own room!

It was a fairly long business trip, I was in great pain a long way from home, I was looked after extremely well and absolutely nothing was too much trouble for these fine people.

Room Tip: Just ask to check out the room on arrival, make sure you are happy.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Nick P
Williamsburg, Virginia
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Called day ahead to inform hotel that I would be checking in a day late - was told I would get charge that day for cancellation 83.00. I should have had a clue then cause most normal hotels would rent the room to someone else without a charge to you. Now I know why they have practices like this - place was HORRIBLE. Long story short I ended up paying 160.00 for a one night stay at this shabby hotel room - old beds, furniture, heated system, bathroom was nasty and tub wasn't cleaned (hair in tub). Oh and the so called breakfast consisted of a small muffin (Little Debbies'). I booked this hotel through Booking.com, and was told by them I should have called them before I called the hotel. Well when I did give them the opportunity to try and get a refund for the cancellation they were useless - its been over 4 days and I have yet to hear back from them regarding this issue. Oh, the hotel will make a hardcopy of your credit card and file it in their records along with your automated credit card receipt that you sign. What kind of practice is this when we the customers are very concern about Identity Theft in this Information Technology world we live in today!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else. Not worth your money
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Basel, Switzerland
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Excelllent motel close to Annapolis,the reception staff (from India, I guess) is extremely nice and helpful. During my breakfast, I enjoyed a discussion during the morning with a very wise man about plenty of subjects and it was really interesting between a coffee and a muffin:-) Rooms are OK, you can even visit a room before accepting or not. Internet is working fine, rooms are quite clean, beds are good, only breakfast is quite basic. The only bad point, it is difficult to find the main entrance after the highway exit.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank MOUSS190273
Glen Burnie, Maryland
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I stayed here a few weeks because it was cheaper than any place but there's a reason why. Nothing worked in room, lots of bugs in rooms, sheets and carpets stained, old and not updated furniture and bed coverings.

Staff didn't speak any English and do not like guests. They are all indian or arab or something like that, have major attitude problems and treat you like you are an annoyance rather than being a guest. The staff stares at everyone that stays there whenever they come and go. Staff even begged for money and promised to pay it back and never did. Just stared at you when you drive by like guests owe the workers there handouts.

Noisy party there for days and hotel clerk wouldn't do anything about it and treated me poorly for asking to have them be quiet. They don't have working phones in the rooms and their breakfast is a joke with 2 donuts and stale coffee is all that is ever in the office in the morning. There was a drug overdose in one of the rooms while I was there and the ambulance took the guy away.

Don't even think about staying here. Just pay $30 more a day and get a better place or live out of your car! That would be better than this craphole.

Room Tip: Don't go!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 8, 2012

first of all there was blood on the mattresses of all 3 of the rooms that we looked at. second the third and final room we went to the beds were made it when they finally came to make the bed they just changed the sheets and put the old blankets and comforters back on the beds. so who knows how often they actually clean those blankets that they put on the beds. oh yeah did I mention there was blood on the mattresses yeah blood and lots of it. I got a refund and stayed at the super 8 right next door. it was very clean and blood free. I cannot believe they are allowed to operate that motel.

• Stayed August 2012