“Spend another $20 and go somewhere else” 2 of 5 bubbles

Village Inn
Village Inn
Ranked #21 of 21 Hotels in Annapolis
Livingston, NJ
“Spend another $20 and go somewhere else”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012

Although it only takes 10 minutes or so to get to downtown Annapolis, please spend another $20 or so and go somewhere else. The phone did not work at all, WiFi did not work from the room and the worst part is the noise that went on constantly. I thought someone was banging on the walls in a nearby room, but the owner said the place is old and always creaks and makes noise. And the "breakfast" was very cheap sugar buns from a convenience store. The room was large and the staff was very nice but the immediate area was scary as was most of the clientelle. The following 2 nights we stayed Downtown Washington DC for only $20 more and had a huge breakfast, could walk to the Mall, had not only great WiFi in the room but also free PCs in the Business Center, free cookies in the afternoons and very lovely rooms in a safe beautiful residential area. So, although I always try to get the best price on a hotel, this is one to pass on!

Room Tip: All rooms are the same and the owner said the noise was the same in every room.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank handhnh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Providence, Rhode Island
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2011

My family had just stayed there for the boat show (2 nights). When we first arrived, the guy behind the counter had given us a hard time because they could not find our reservation, even though we had the paper in our hand from Expedia. The guy refused to give any service in helping us find our reservation that THEY lost. Looking at pictures of this place online, and seeing it in person is completely different. It looks like it was more of a "pay by the hour" type of place. As soon as we walked into our room, it smelled musty, the carpets were very old, the furniture was in very poor condition, and the top of the fridge was melted. To top all of that off, we were in a non-smoking room, but I happened to find cigarette butts under my bed, which they never cleaned up the day after. There was also a red stain down the side of my bed which very much resembled blood. There was also stains all over my sheets and pillow cases and the one blanket i had was filled with burn marks. We ended up making due because it was the only place that was available for this weekend and we had no choice. I would not recommend this place to ANYONE, unless it is the VERY last option (sleeping in the car would be more like a 5 star resort compared to this place)

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Julia J

Travelers are raving about these Annapolis hotels

Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2011

I recently booked a stay at the Village Inn through Booking.com for a wedding and was unable to attend due to a broken foot. After speaking with Booking.com, I was informed I had to pay for the room. This was not the issue!! After speaking with Booking.com to change the credit card I was going to be charged for my stay, Village Inn charged the wrong card anyway. After speaking with Nick the manager, I contacted Booking.com AGAIN, to have the same card faxed over for AGAIN. Booking.com confirmed that this was done both times.They still managed to charge the wrong card. I've never dealt with such incompetence over a simple matter.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank GregRich
Saint Augustine, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2011

Location was convenient and price reasonable for the area. Room was clean, bed reasonably comfortable and check-in staff OK. However, the grounds are stark and the hotel itself a relic of another era. The building could best be described as "tired." They did not have our on-line reservation, although they did provide a room. The shower did not work properly. Even though the motel was only half full, a frightening looking fellow pounded on our door at 11:15 AM reminding us we had to check out. I would stay here again only as a last resort.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Ninjaneer1
Maryland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2011

I called and made a reservation several days before I arrived. The person I spoke to on the phone sounded Indian and acted like he couldn't get off the phone fast enough. When I inquired about the rate I was told the rate was $60.00 for a single and it would be more for a double. I told him I only needed a single and he took my name. When I arrived I was told that I had no reservation and that the rate would be $79.00. I explained to him that I had called and made a reservation (I am sure he is the same one I talked to on the phone!!!) and was told that the rate would be $60.00. He said he would have to call the manager and get back to me. After he made the call he came back and told me that the only reservation they had for was for someone else, not me. Mind you he showed me his reservation information, it was simply a name and date on an INDEX CARD!!! When it was all said and done they would not honor the $60.00, so I left!!!!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank mplsings
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2011

Ok to stay for one night. Very basic, shabby yet clean bathroom and sheets in this place.
Carpet remembered WWII I guess...

• Stayed May 2011
2 Thank mikeangelo
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2009

For the last 10 yrs I have been going to Annapolis for the Sail Boat show and we look for rooms when we get there, this time we checked about 5 hotels and all the prices were ranging from $175 to $325 per night and we wanted to stay for about 4 days. I decided that this year I will not pay the high price and find thrifty hotel to stay. So after going from hotel to hotel we stopped at the Village Inn and price given to us was perfect so we thought that there has to be a catch. The front desk clerk gave us a key to take a look at a room and we were shocked at the cleanness and the size of the room huge room and that with wifi. We saved a bundle. Trust me I have stayed at many hotels in Annapolis and this one I will make my permanent hotel when I go to Annapolis.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business