“Great place to stay in Annapolis”
Review of Gibson's Lodgings

Gibson's Lodgings
Ranked #3 of 25 Annapolis B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 5, 2013

My wife and I just recently got back from a two night stay at Gibson's Lodgings. We always wanted to go to Annapolis but never found the time. Since it was a special occassion (my 50th birthday) we decided to take the opportunity and visit the city. We decided on Gibson's largely based on the favorable reviews and location. Let me say that both are very favorable.

When we arrived, Merridith was there to greet us. Since the place was not full, she upgraded our room at no cost to us. When we got to the room there was a bottle of champagne and chocolate covered strawberries waiting. The room was a suite with a lounge area and a bedroom with a private shower. The room was very clean and the bed very comfortable.

Breakfast in the morning is continental, ceral, bagels, fruit and waffles. They have juice, coffee, water, soda and snacks available throughout the day and evening. The staff is very helpful and always askiing if we needed anything etc. In fact, when we needed to confirm a dinner reservation, the staff was more than happy to take care of this for us.

In terms of location, when I tell you that you are right next to the naval academy, you are litterally right next to the naval academy. The wall is about 30 feet from the lodge. In terms of getting to the main street for shoping and dining, its a 5 to 10 minute walk. Even the State House which is up the hill is within easy walking distance. This is key since Gibson's has free parking on site and while we were there in the winter when it was less crowded, I hear in the peak months of spring and summer, parking can be a problem.

In terms of things to do in Annapolis, I high recommend you visit the Naval Academy and take a guided tour. They ask for a $10 dollar donation and its well worth it. My wife and I were lucky enough to get a tour by ourselves with a tour guide who was great. The insights into the academy that he was able to impart was priceless. The history, stories and traditions there are unbelievable.

For food, there are a number of great places to dine. We ate dinner at an Italian Place on main street that was fantastic. The next night we had seafood at the water. Both meals were fantastic.

Overall we had a great time. I highly recommend a stay at Annapolis and Gibsons in particular. The place and people are great and you can't beat the location. Believe me, you will not be disappointed if you go.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
gibsonslodge, Owner at Gibson's Lodgings, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

Dear jennfam5,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us such a nice review. It was so nice meeting you both and I hope you come back and visit us again !!

Reviewed March 2, 2013

Last weekend we were with a group of special friends ( 36 ), all of us had a wonderful time here. Everyone was very helpful and friendly , Location just couldn't be better to see Annapolis. The rooms are beauitful, We just loved it. and so will you .Thank you so much

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

Thanks, Dave, for taking the time to leave us a review. It's always nice to hear back from our guests, and I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us. It was our pleasure making sure your stay was comfortable and memorable. I look forward to having you again on your next visit to Annapolis!

Reviewed February 20, 2013

Had a great time staying here while in Annapolis for a weekend. The location is excellent! We were able to walk everywhere in downtown Annapolis from the hotel. The rates are reasonable, and the room was comfortable and clean. Breakfast was good. We definitely plan on returning!

Room Tip: Patterson house is the main house and is where breakfast is served.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
gibsonslodge, Manager at Gibson's Lodgings, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Thanks for taking the time to write a review over here, Dave! I really appreciate it. Glad we could have you for the weekend. Looking forward to your next visit!

Reviewed February 17, 2013

This was perhaps the nicest place I've ever stayed, and that's saying much because I've traveled quite a bit. I stayed here on winter rates, making this an exceptional value. But, event their in-season rates aren't unreasonable.

As other reviewers have mentioned, the staff was very friendly, pleasant and helpful. The Lodgings consist of three houses surrounding a courtyard, which makes parking in this town a whole lot less stressful. The room (Patterson 4) has thick carpeting and comforters, comfy pillows and a gas fireplace, its own bathroom, beautiful linens and decor, and top of the line toiletries.

My only regret was that I was in town for business, so arrived late and had to leave early. But, I'll be back again with my husband. The hotel is a block from town and restaurants and on the edge of the Naval Academy. So it's a perfect place to stay for a long weekend.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
gibsonslodge, Manager at Gibson's Lodgings, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Thank you for the rave review! I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your short stay with us. (I wish you could have stayed longer too!) I appreciate your sharing your experience. From the linens to decor, it was our pleasure making sure that your stay was comfortable. Hopefully, you'll get another chance to return, and really enjoy everything we have to offer!

Reviewed February 15, 2013

My wife and I were turned away from an Annapolis 4 star hotel which we had made prepaid reservations for because of an unwritten under 21 registration policy. Needless to say, we were tired and quite frustrated after a long day on the road.

We were able to make a last minute change of plans to stay at Gibson's Lodgings. The service we were met with was amazing. The ladies working at the desk are friendly, and even showed us around the property and room upon our arrival.

Snacks and drinks are provided for no charge to guests in the parlor areas. This was a huge plus for us as we were tired out from a long trip and enjoyed the cold soda and cookies as we relaxed watching the cable television.

The room was clean, attractive, and we had great views of both the Naval Academy and the downtown area.

Complimentary parking is available and is in a safe, quiet location between the buildings.

Atmosphere is very quiet. The colonial furnishings are a nice touch on this historic town.

The mattress was extremely comfortable and felt like home.

The breakfast in the morning is superb... fresh fruit, bagels, pastries, an amazing waffle bar with toppings, coffee, cereal, juice, etc.

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and are looking forward to coming back many times!

Room Tip: The king size bedrooms in the Lauer house are very comfortable with brand new mattress and recliners...
1  Thank Josiah W

Thanks for the rave review, Josiah! I'm glad you had the chance to stay at our inn. Our priority is always to make sure our guests have a comfortable and memorable visit, and it's so validating to hear that we've done a good job. I'm happy you loved the complimentary snack and beverages too. It sounds like you had a great time visiting our historic town—so don't forget to come back! We'll love to have you again.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

We were there for a concert at Rams Head Tavern and didn't want to make the long drive back to Frederick at midnight. How lucky we were to find Gibsons Lodging! What did we love? Absolutely everything! The owner, Meredith, was beyond charming, the room was huge, the water pressure great, the snacks available 24/7 were appreciated, bottled water & sodas complimentary, and the waffle station at breakfast was a treat! We were even offered a free bottle of wine at check-ion!

And, thankfully, it wasn't the kitschy decorating found in many B&B's. No cats on pillows, no flowery wallpaper - just tasteful, classic furnishings. Phew.

But even above and beyond the delightful service and ambience, the location is perfect. Situated on a quiet side street, it was only a one minute walk to the waterfront, 3 minutes to shopping, and walking distance home after the concert at Rams Head

I wouldn't even think of staying anywhere else if Gibson's is available

Room Tip: We stayed on the top floor in Lauer 4 in the new building. Plenty of room, comfortable k/s bed. If y...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear JanisMaryland, It was so nice meeting both of you! It was our pleasure having you, and of course, we were happy to make sure you were as comfortable as can be during your stay. Glad you made good use of our waffle station too. I appreciate your kind words, and am really happy you got to spend a night at our inn. I hope you both come back real soon!

Reviewed February 5, 2013

For a second time myself and 10 old co-workers reunited at Gibson's Lodgings. The staff is attentive, and flexible with our requests. Its so nice to have a common room to hang out in, versus having to sit in one person's hotel room. We planned our own cocktail hour than took an e-cruiser over the Eastport bridge to Boatyard Bar and Grill. We had planned on visiting bars after dinner, but instead went back to Gibson's because it was so comfortable and fun chatting with wine in the Berman house!
And it was SO necessary and wonderful to wake up to a good breakfast. The waffle bar was definitely our crowd's favorite!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Lindsay S
gibsonslodge, Manager at Gibson's Lodgings, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2013

Dear lsheppa! I'm so glad to hear that you and your co-workers had a great time staying with us! Thank you so much for saying such great things about us. I'm glad you took advantage of the Berman House and enjoyed spending your evening there. Sometimes a night in can be as fun as going out! Sounds like your visit was a blast.We hope you come back and see us!