“One of the Best Pizza Places in Annapolis”
Review of Bertucci's

Bertucci's
Ranked #122 of 358 Restaurants in Annapolis
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Wine Bar
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Whenever we feel like a really good pizza we go to Bertuccis and either eat in, which we seldom do, or carry out, which we do 90 % of the time. We like the Pucillo pizza which has a nice combination of meats and vegetables. Part of the atmosphere is an open, very clean kitchen, so you are able to watch the action.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Food was good. High ceilings make it very noisy. Good place for families with noisy kids - no one will notice.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

Interesting variety of pizza and attentive service. Service was quick and the food was good, not great, but good. I'd go there again just because the types of pizzas were so different. Good family place (there were 2 young children in our group) and folks on their lunch hour.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

The dining area was huge. One side of the restaurant seemed to be a bar, while the other side was a large dining area where most tables had views of the open kitchen and brick ovens. It's a step up from the local pizza/sports bar/pub, and had more of a P.F. Chang's/Macaroni Grill/Brio feel. Nice, but casual. Although the dining area was large, it was proportionate and most of the tables were being used. Also, the restaurant had an adequate staff to cover all the tables and provide quality service. Our waiter was prompt, friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful with our orders.

I was hoping for some great food, especially pizza, and Bertucci's fit the bill. We ordered a couple different pizzas - a large Ultimate Bertucci and a small Stella. The Ultimate Bertucci is for meat lovers with the pie being divided into four corners, each of which is covered with a different meat topping - chicken, sausage, ham, and meatballs. It was delicious. The toppings were great (especially the meatballs & sausage) and the crust had excellent crispiness from being cooked in the brick oven. The Stella was our vegetarian pie, with toppings of mushrooms, eggplants, peppers, & basil. It was also good, but wasn't nearly as popular as the Ultimate Bertucci. The large was huge and could comfortably feed three people, if not four. If you're not in the mood for pizza, Bertucci's offers a number of other Italian dishes - pasta, salads, sandwiches, calzones, etc.

Along with the pizzas, Bertucci's also serves fresh rolls to your table before the meal. The rolls were hot and had a great crust and were served with a dish of olive oil and italian seasonings for dipping. If I hadn't had such a craving for pizza, I would have feasted on the rolls. Truth be told, I feasted on the rolls as well as the pizza. Shameless.

While the price was more than what you'd pay at Little Caesar's or the other major chains, it's not a bad deal. Most large pizzas are around $18, which isn't bad if it's feeding 3-4 people. And don't forget about the pre-meal rolls! The salads and other entrees appeared to range anywhere from $7-$16. I'd say the value is similar to Olive Garden, Macaroni Grill, and other similar Italian restaurants. Overall, I came away very impressed and know where I can get my pizza fix in Annapolis.

Reviewed July 10, 2012

For a small East-coast chain of restaurants, Bertucci's offers consistent flavor and good service. My wife and I pop in occasionally when we're looking for a quick meal at a reasonable price, and we can count on fast, friendly service, even at later hours in the evening. The Annapolis location is conveniently located, and the brick oven pizza is delicious.

Been to Bertucci's? Share your experiences!