“Wonderful, relaxing experience”
Review of Schooner Woodwind

Schooner Woodwind
Ranked #3 of 31 Tours in Annapolis
More attraction details
Owner description: The classic, wooden 74' Schooner Woodwind sails multiple cruises daily (in season) for public and private charters. Up to 48 passengers on each of our twin schooners. Whether a couple, family, party or corporate, we can accommodate you. We also have a Boat & Breakfast available (in season) on Saturdays. Come Sail Away!
Reviewed September 14, 2013

The schooner is fast, sleek and clean. The crew is attentive and fun. It was fun to help raise the sails and steer the boat. The bay is beautiful and the two hour cruise is perfect. Definitely recommend it.

1  Thank DogWorld

Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

If you want to have a truly remarkable experience when visiting Annapolis, take a 2 hour sail on this beautiful boat! Our skipper, Mike, was interesting and fun as was his crew. You can help hoist the sails and steer the boat if you'd like. Annapolis is beautiful from the water, and the thrill of racing through the water on this spectacular schooner will not disappoint! You'll be shopping for sailboats next!

1  Thank BirdieBaker
Reviewed September 11, 2013

My husband took me (plus our 2 month old) for a sunset sail for my birthday last month. It certainly didn't hurt that the weather and wind were absolutely perfect for this excursion! We had a really great time and loved the view, the relative ease of the whole process, and the friendly and chatty crew. It was also really funny hearing anecdotes from the captain about interacting with the cast of Wedding Crashers when they filmed using the Schooner Woodwind.

With your ticket, you are entitled to a complimentary brew (including local beers) or wine. For special occasions, bubbly is available if you purchase an entire bottle.

If you are bringing a little tyke along, you'll need to bring a life jacket for him/her as they are not provided by the crew. Our infant did not take very well to being constrained in the life jacket we brought along, but the crew was understanding and didn't give us a hard time when we took her out of it 10 minutes into the sail.

Only negative is that a ticket was needed for our baby. I guess I thought that a 10 lb human that was held the entire time would get a free pass, much like on airplanes (children 12 and under get a discounted ticket, though, so at least it isn't full price).

Overall, we had a really nice time and would definitely recommend Schooner Woodwind for anyone looking to have a memorable evening.

1  Thank Juliet A
Reviewed September 10, 2013

We took the Monday sunset cruise that was promoted as a history theme tour. The history portion was an extremely brief offering of miscellaneous facts in no particular order. And some of the information was not accurate. So much for the history part. Unfortunately Mother Nature provided little wind so the sailing portion consisted of floating out to the middle of the harbor and bobbing there for an hour before floating back. Can't fault the The Woodwind for the lack of wind, but possibly there should be a plan B when sailing isn't possible. Maybe motor to see sights along the coast or a trip out to the Bay Bridge. Also, the boat was completely full - allowing virtually no opportunity to move about. The crew was very nice and sociable but the overall experience was disappointing.

4  Thank matangi
Reviewed September 5, 2013

My husband and I had a wonderful time on the Schooner Woodwind. Weather was beautiful, winds were brisk, and a few white caps on the water made for an interesting trip. There couldn't be a more beautiful sight as seeing the wind in the sails of this schooner!! It had 2 "heads" but I need to emphasize, no handicap friendly bathroom facilities. Extremely knowledgeable, helpful and nice people run the Woodwind. I will certainly "tell the world" how much fun this trip was today. I have a new found interest in Annapolis. I can't wait to go back and bring my granddaughters next year for a trip. The Captain lets kids and adults alike drive the boat. I booked the trip from my home 3 days before arriving today. Don't forget to print out your receipt on the PDF format, and bring your paperwork that had your confirmation and authorization numbers on it. I think you could call (if you can't print anything out) and make your reservations. I suggest being there about a half hour before boarding. Parking might be "tricky" if you are coming in the height of summer vacation season. We didn't have any problems today finding a parking lot. There is a lot to do in Historic Annapolis while you are waiting to go to the dock.

1  Thank SunflowerPittsburgh