“Friendly Service and great Sandwiches!”
Review of Big Cheese

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Big Cheese
Ranked #98 of 358 Restaurants in Annapolis
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 16, 2012

We stopped into this shop to get some lunch on our first visit to Annapolis. The owners were very friendly and provided us with some great suggestions for places to see in town, as well as restaurants to go to later in the day. We got the tomato & mozzarella sandwich on a roll and it was heavenly. Just as good as anything you'd get wandering the city streets of a modern European city. Based on the friendly service and great food, this is a sure fire place to visit while in town.

Reviewed August 9, 2012

The owners are fabulous and the cheese and bread we bought was simply fantastic! We shared it with our friends that evening & they all wanted to know...what is this? It's so good! Thank you Big Cheese

Reviewed August 6, 2012

I work on the same block of the Big Cheese and me and my fiance' stop by often to grab lunch. They have always been very polite and friendly to us. We always make great conversation while we wait for our orders and they are always happy to see us! Not only are they nice people, they also care about how our day is going. Yeah they are pricey, but the food is all worth it. And besides it is Annapolis, where everything is pricey. So I think all the people who wrote bad reviews are just melodramatic and do not have the right to say what they have said about this wonderful place. :)

Reviewed June 23, 2012

I read all of the terrible reviews on here and I was so surprised! I work right around the corner from this shop and my co-workers and I ALWAYS hit this place up for lunch. We've never once had the owners/workers act in a rude manner towards us. They've always been incredibly friendly and helpful. I've also never seen anyone treated the way the reviews described--EXCEPT in that the wife-owner does put the change on the counter which is pretty annoying but not a deal breaker. And YES their sandwiches are expensive. They are supposed to be very high quality ingredients and they taste PHENOMENAL. This is not a subway sandwich you're getting here people. Also it's locally owned and run which why I started going there in the first place! Perhaps there was a time where the customer service wasn't as good, but that time isn't now. I usually have the husband-owner ringing me up though, not the wife, who seems to be the main subject of the criticism, so perhaps if I were around her more I would see it. I always have a good experience here, so take that for whatever it's worth.

Reviewed June 12, 2012

how does a $8 sandwich, when rung up come to $9.50? Surely not the tax--too high priced for just sandwiches, chips & soft drinks