“Always delightful”
Review of Severn Inn

Severn Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
Severn Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #42 of 355 Restaurants in Annapolis
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 450south
Description: Welcome to the Severn Inn, waterfront dining at its best. Located on the eastern side of the United States Naval Academy Bridge with spectacular views of historic Annapolis and the Severn River. We strive to offer a diverse selection of fine beef and fresh seafood using the finest ingredients available.
Annapolis, MD
“Always delightful”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

This restaurant never disappoints. We eat here often, but our favorite meal here is lunch.

We really enjoy overlooking the Severn River and Naval Academy and particularly like dining outside on the deck in mild weather.

We had lunch here over the New Year weekend. I usually have the Quiche Florentine with crab, which is great when it is early and fresh, not as good when it has been sitting awhile. But this day I decided to try the fish tacos instead and they were fresh and delicious. My husband had the Pork Carnitas “Torta” with salsa verde, guacamole and chipotle cream, which he also thoroughly enjoyed, especially the little kick provided by the chipotle cream.

The service was friendly and professional, as it always is. We have brought many people to this restaurant over the years and would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank nancyen

Annapolis, Maryland
“Excellent location that can't be beat.”
Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

Excellent location right on the Severn river overlooking the Naval Academy. Relaxing view. Very good crab cake, probably the best in Annapolis. Get the one without the bun that comes with fried green tomatoes.

2 Thank Jenny C
Huntsville, Alabama
“Nice location, Good Food - A Bit "Snooty"”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

This restaurant is right on the river looking west across to Annapolis - great views, especially at sunset. We ate three appetizers at the bar, to include a very good selection of raw oysters. All but one of the appetizers was good. The bar selections was respectable, but somewhat “standard”. We found the bartender to be oddly snippy and not very attentive even though the bar area is small and was not at all crowded. With a few more touches of personality, this Inn might be worth going out of your way for.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Umfrid
Marietta, Georgia
“Seafood Delight”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

On a Saturday night, after a late-afternoon Navy football game, the Severn Inn was packed when we arrived for our 8:30 p.m. reservation -- a party of five. We were seated promptly. And as crowded as it was, the dinner was wonderful. All our dishes arrived without undue delay. My wife had the grilled salmon and pronounced it excellent. I began with the crab bisque--creamy, delicious, with nice chunks of crabmeat. My entree was the olive-infused broiled swordfish, topped with a tasty bit of fresh goat cheese and a flavorable olive tapanade--it was everything I could ask for. The one vegetarian in our group, who had recommended the Severn, was pleased with their special mac and cheese. My choice of wine was expensive as expected, but the price was fair for the quality. The server was inexperienced--I had to prompt him to take the dinner orders from the three ladies first--and he never returned once to top off our wine glasses, but I'm perfectly comfortable doing that for my guests myself. This was a family gathering--my son, his wife, another relative-soon-to-be, and we enjoyed a great evening together. Forget the fabled view--it was dark and we could not see across the river. This restaurant deserves its reputation for the food alone.
p.s. My woeful alma mater blew a late lead and lost that day to Navy by a single point. The Severn went along way to helping me wash away my blues.

• Visited October 2012
Auburn, Alabama
“Food a little better than average but view is beautiful”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I would definitely come again, but not necessarily for the food. The food is slightly better than average but the view is worth the trip and the better-than-average food is a bonus. My friend really enjoyed her baked oysters (with pork belly). I had the 'no filler' crab cake. I really wanted to like that crab cake, but it was almost bland; the fried green tomatoes and corn relish under the cake saved it, though. My salad was a little underwhelming, too; I was excited for a salad with roasted beets on it, but I'm pretty sure the beets weren't roasted. That said, however, the restaurant's decor and location were great - we ate on the deck and had a fabulous view of the Naval Academy across the water.

• Visited October 2012

Been to Severn Inn? Share your experiences!