“Staff has improved, reliability also improving”
Review of Lemongrass Too

Lemongrass Too
Ranked #113 of 368 Restaurants in Annapolis
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 7, 2012

The food is terrific when they are on, but it has been a bit hit and miss lately. When brand new they were terrific and I am hoping a little TLC to the restaurant and the more attentive staff will bring them back to terrific.

Reviewed September 7, 2012

While it wasn't the best meal I've ever had, the fried whole rockfish was excellent. Service was a little sketchy buy overall the meal was okay. We cleaned our plates, kids complained there wasn't enough food (they all got pad thai or noodles of some sort) but my whole rockfish, tempranillo and rice hit the spot perfectly. I wouldn't rush to go again but I wouldn't avoid it either.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

This review is for the Housley Road location. Tried to eat there for dinner tonight and after an hour and a half gave up and left. The problems started immediately. It took 10 minutes for someone to greet us. Then, once seated, another 10 minutes for someone to come to the table - they only did because we got up and got our own menus. Then our order was taken and we sat for over an hour waiting for our food. Not once during that time did someone come over to check on us - the only attention we got was when we got up and asked soemone what was going on. There were lots of excuses as to why we had not been served, including the fact that they had a benefit going and a living social deal. No excuses were made for why they had not come to check on us or offer more drinks. In the end, we told two different people at two different times that we were going to leave if we didn't get food and I'm amazed that both of them respinded "ok, sorry". No effort was made to have us stay or make us happy - no free drink or assurance that our food was coming, just a 'we cant do anything about it' attitude. We would have stayed if we felt that they cared at all, but they did not seem to even be bothered. The best part....we watched a other table get seated, eat and leave after us.

Although I like the food there, Lemongrass will no longer be getting my business. I've had bad customer service there before and overlooked it. Please, can someone else open up a Thai restaurant in Annapolis??? Or at the very least, can someone come in and teach Lemongrass a lesson in customer service. A free drink and/or appetizer goes a long way!

1  Thank Rklbg
Reviewed July 13, 2012

I am somewhat of a Thai snob, spent all of March there this year. Lemongrass Too had all the right 'markings'. The menu mentioned real Thai ingredients, the place was inconspicuous yet clean and the prices were right. I will say I was only there for lunch so all I had was Tom Yam Kung (which I order at every Thai place as a baseline) and the Papaya salad, so take this for what it's worth.

The soup was average, no kaffir lime leaves or galangal were present in the bowl and very little was represented in the taste. The Papaya Salad was ok but not a stand out. On a positive note both my dishes were prepared to the amount of spicy that I requested. Also for as crowded as it was the service was decent. The drink menu looked fantastic.

Reviewed June 25, 2012

After eating at the Lemongrass on West Street in Annapolis and having a great meal with a great server, in a comfortable atmosphere, we thought we would try the Lemongrass Too on Housley Road in Annapolis.
It was hard to believe these two restaurants are connected in anyway.
We were seated at a table where the air conditioner blew cold air directly on us. At first we thought it was just our table but after the diners at the table in front of us and the table behind us asked to be moved we discovered it wasn't just us that did not appreciate the cold air.
Sitting on a ledge beside our table was a glass vase with a bamboo shoot growing out of the vase. The water in the vase was green and scummy. Totally gross to look at.
My husband and I decided that we would order the same meal we had at the West Street Lemongrass so that we could have a comparison.
First up was the steamed dumplings stuffed with pork, chicken and shrimp. When the dish was put on the table I noted a distinct smell to the dumplings, like they were not fresh. When I tasted the dumpling it tasted funny also. My husband, who had already smothered his dumplings in teriyaki sauce, and has a much stronger stomach than I do ate his dumplings. I removed mine from my mouth
Next up was the Ginger Chicken which I ordered. Unlike the Ginger Chicken at the Lemongrass on West Street there were no little pieces of corn, no pea pods, and very little onion or other garnishments that added to the taste of the dish. What it did have was a watery sugary sauce that it was swimming in. There was no taste of ginger in the dish at all - except for one piece of chicken. I'm not sure how you cook ginger chicken and only manage to get ginger flavor on only one piece of chicken, but they seem to have mastered this.
My husband got Ka Pow chicken as he had done at the other restaurant. He said it didn't have much taste to it and was definitely not as good as the meal he had at the other Lemongrass.
So - if you want Tai food well prepared, and a nice atmosphere, and you are in the Annapolis area - Go to the Lemongrass on West Street - not the Lemongrass Too.