“Yawn of a Brunch” 1 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Germantown, Maryland
“Yawn of a Brunch”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

Went there for Mother Days last year and it was very lame. The food selections was very min. and the service was very average. I think the décor was for the Mid 1970s.
We wont be making that mistake again.

Visited August 2012
2 Thank TravelinManTravelin

Riverdale, Maryland, United States
“awful”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

I can honestly say this is the most nasty place I have ever seen in my whole life. The owners are disgusting they care nothing for their bussiness, workers, or guest. They are so greedy they steal from their workers, paychecks bounce. Rats and roaches run the place, there is never a dishwasher on duty dirty dishes pile up in the kitchen. There is not one single health standard met in this place. Toliets overflow and leak all over the place leaving a awful smell poo everywhere. Its the same owners that run Tic Toc if that tells u anything. Half the poeple that work there are illegal. Menu food is never in stock or they go buy from the grocery store behind them. I dont know how this place is still in bussiness, I guess they are paying off the right people. And to top it all off they are running a illegal African restaurant in the basement. I feel sorry for anyone who eats there or works there. Nasty Nasty Nasty is all I can say!!!!! And not to mention they cater to the local street thugs only to make things worse. Drugs and all kinds of stuff going on inside and outside. This place is a sad joke!!!!

• Visited March 2013
3 Thank JayCeeK
Washington DC
“The don't care about if their customers leave (and they'll tell you that).”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2012

They couldn't care less if you stayed or left. This place has new owners from the old reviews, and they don't give a damn about their customers.

The service was terrible and the owners are worse. We were served by the bar tender, who complained that she shouldn't be serving the tables, and that our expectations for decent service were "not something that the owners cared about" so I actually asked to speak to the owners (because the manager was not present.)

The owners stated that she "does not speak to customers" and the bartender explained that she was "from India" and that their culture is different.

I have no idea if that is the reason, but no matter the reason, this was completely unacceptable. The place was completely empty other than two tables with old women, and after my experience, I know exactly why.

Terrible staff, terrible service, no manager, disrespectful owners, what else can one ask for? I have rarely been this disgusted. A business owner should be honored to have the privilege of showing their best service, serving their customer and wowing them. I got the impression that they simply did not care if you were there at all. So we left, and we won't ever go back.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank xf22b
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food, pleasantly surprised!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2012

Great steaks, crab cakes, & the rolls were wonderful -hot and fresh. Vintagey atmosphere. Outside doesn't do it justice. Will definitely go back. Best place to eat in this area.

Hyattsville
“Great food, excellent service, & chill atmosphere!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2011

I was so hungry and this was the closest place to the spot I was hanging out (well, unless I wanted to eat Popeye's, but I wanted real food, not fast food), so I decided to check it out and I'm certainly glad I did. The Golden Bull is a secret gem smack dab in the middle of Adelphi! The prime rib was so juicy and tender, while the vegetables were very on point. I'm very picky about my veggies too! I like them when the are not cooked too much, so I actually get the good nutrients from them. They have a great selection of food and a nice cozy atmosphere. They had some really good music playing; I even felt like dancing, but opted for staying focused on the yummy food set before me.

Not only is their food delicious, but the service is great. The waitress was very patient with me and even ensured my food was cooked to order. She was very friendly with good energy and a great smile.

Many times, I passed this place and didn't go in; I suppose the big bull on top threw me off a bit, however, I am so glad I finally did. I will definitely be going back again! They have great deals too. Plus, kids eat free!!!!

All in all, I highly recommend this place. If you like your prime rib tender and juicy, this is the spot to be!!!

• Visited August 2011