“Wonderfully Cozy and Welcoming”
Review of MoonShadow

MoonShadow
Ranked #1 of 5 Restaurants in Accident
Cuisines: Bar, Cafe
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Description: We're a big, happy family here at MoonShadow and we invite you to be a part of it... our eclectic, arty-comfortable style and of course the mismatched place settings and vintage salt & pepper shakers we consider old friends. Along with a commitment to keeping the surroundings real, we're dedicated to serving natural, fresh food that's free of preservatives and additives, and we always strive to use locally sourced and sustainable products when creating our meals. Our philosophy is “ Why not return to the way food used to be... prior to packaging, antibiotics, and harmful chemicals? Why not eat fresh, real food that's not only healthy but tastes delicious as well... why not?”
Shepherdstown, West Virginia
“Wonderfully Cozy and Welcoming”
Reviewed September 2, 2014

In we came, a party of seven, including three youngsters. We were welcomed warmly, given a great table, and a wonderful server. Being mindful of my dietary goals, I had black-bean soup (outstanding) and a great salad composed of local greens and a melange of other ingredients that made the dish really good. (Food like this actually makes dieting fun, because I now get to try and enjoy foods that I more or less avoided before, which is why I'm sampling them -- more like subsisting on them -- now. Two in the group ordered Rubens and left absolutely not one crumb between them. The burgers and meat loaf likewise resulted in oohs and aahs. The desserts looked wonderful. We ordered a few for the table. I partook and concurred with the youngest diner's assessment: Yummers!

1 Thank LoafJugThouTree

washington, dc
“Above average for Garrett County”
Reviewed September 2, 2014

Good option for lunch or simple dinner--quality ingredients, well prepared, competent service. A nice variety of small plates, burgers and some interesting vegetarian options.

Pittsburgh, PA
“An accidental surprise”
Reviewed August 24, 2014

We were driving from Pittsburgh to Canaan Valley, WV. We were running late, and had traveled quite a while looking for a restaurant along the way. We came to Accident, MD, and this delightful restaurant. It’s a quaint, laid-back, family friendly restaurant that also hosts live music. The music was fantastic, the service cordial and fast, and the food delighful. My wife and I have different food desires. They were able to accommodate my vegetarian needs and my wife’s need for meat. My Asian salad was among the best salads ever. The cabbage was chilled, the dressing was delicious and properly proportioned. The serving was generous. My wife’s meat loaf was perfectly cooked and seasoned with a delightful glaze over the top, and served with delicious potatoes and peas. This place may be in Accident, but you should intentionally visit.

Silver Spring, Maryland
“Decent food, a little pricey”
Reviewed August 22, 2014

An excellent hamburger for $10. A decent chicken dish for $15. A decent but smallish latte for $3-4 (I can't remember which). A tasty but smallish salad for $6. The place was completely empty when we were there, around 4:00 p.m. on an August weekday. Check the schedule for local music nights.

Alexandria, VA
“Great Veggie Options!”
Reviewed August 14, 2014 via mobile

Short drive from DCL. Great atmosphere and wonderful vegetarian options. Very reasonably priced. Definitely worth it and better than DCL options.