“nice me time”

Spa on the Boulevard
Ranked #1 of 4 things to do in Abingdon
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Came across a coupon for 90 minutes of massage and decided it was time for a little pampering with a soothing massage. Spa on the Boulevard offers peaceful and relaxed environment. Loved the 90 min massage. Two things that I would change the music is piped from a main source to all rooms. I prefer to listen to my own music. It wasn't bad but I prefer less foofoo music and more Native American Flute/Drum music. The sitting room had no drinks; after a massage lemon water and/or tea would be a nice ending.

2  Thank IsabellaKY63
There are newer reviews for Spa on the Boulevard

Reviewed May 17, 2014

First of all, I do want to say that the end result was good - I left my massage appointment feeling relaxed and well taken care of. However, I scheduled a stone massage and I just feel others should know that this spa's version of a stone massage is very different than any other place I've been. While my massage therapist was very good, the stones were definitely an add on rather than fully integrated into the massage. I've had several hot stone massages in the past and the entire thing involved the stones, whether they were placed on muscles to sit as mini heating pads in preparation for working on that area, or between my toes, etc. This massage was very therapeutic and hands on, and then she ran the stones over that body part after the manual massage. So while I will visit again, I will go elsewhere for stone treatment.

5  Thank jlsatud
Reviewed April 12, 2014

I have been coming here since this location opened. I love it here! Additionally I don't know what you guys are talking about with nancy I have been seeing her for yrs and she has been doing my mani/pedi always! She always does a good job and is very friendly. Perhaps you guys were having an issue yourselves that day !

Reviewed March 26, 2014

This was my first time to this spa. I did not have an appointment, but I was able to get in right away. First of all, the facilities are immaculate. This place is gorgeous and very relaxing. I am a small business owner and I just needed to escape from work for an hour. I did not even ask to see the menu of prices when I stopped in. My facial was done by Barbara. She was an angel. I was treated like a princess and my stay ended up lasting more than two hours. I felt so relaxed by the end of my treatment. I was amazed when I paid to realize that the facial was under $100. I definitely received value for my money. Next, I will be making an appointment for a haircut (I am overdue for one) and I will definitely be back soon for more spa treatments. Five star facilities, five star treatment and great prices for the service. Thanks again to Barbara, for being so kind and helpful. I will be spreading the word around town!!

3  Thank Beth D
Reviewed March 24, 2014

I was so happy to find a nice close by as I just moved to the area. I invited a friend and we went to have pedicures. The spa itself is very beautiful. My service, however, left a lot to be desired. My manicurist acted as though she was put out though I can't think of why that would be. I was shocked to hear that she was the manager of the department! I would rather go to a smaller lesser appointed spa and be treated well then return to a nice spa and be treated poorly.

1  Thank L S
Beth M, General Manager at Spa on the Boulevard, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Dear L S,

Thank you for your feedback. I cannot apologize enough that your service did not exceed your expectations. I would love an opportunity to speak with you further in regards to your service. All feedback, positive and negative, are important for our team to learn and grow. If you have a moment, would you mind contacting me at 410-569-0100? Thank you again for your time and I look forward to hearing from you.

Amanda Jeffries