“I hope it survives” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pelican Cove - CLOSED

Pelican Cove
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Baltimore, Maryland
“I hope it survives”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

I am really pulling for this place to succeed. The food is usually quite good. The location is out of the way - it's hard to stumble across it. I have been here several times, usually on Sunday after church. It is (sadly) rarely crowded at those times. I have to say that during my most recent visit the service was appalling considering the relative emptiness of the restaurant. It seemed that only one waitress was working the dining room. During my visit, one party was seated when I came in and only two more parties came in during the course of my visit. The waitress said she was watching the soccer game in the kitchen. At least she was honest. Everything took forever and the credit card machine was out of order - which I was not told until I attempted to pay with one. The waitress said they could take my card to another location, but by this time I had been in the restaurant for FAR too long.
On this visit, my food was OK - I ordered the fried oyster po boy. I would not order it again. The breading on the oysters was heavy and tasteless. The bread, which was described as 'crusty french bread,' was neither. I have had good meals here in the past. I have to say that my overall experience here has been uneven. They need to call the guy who spies on the staff and figure out what to do to save this potentially very good restaurant.

• Visited October 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

“Not at all what I expected!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I decided to give this place a try while the kids were at the movies. We had no idea what to expect, knowing nothing about the place. We ordered a bucket of mussels from the appetizer menu- delicious! Since we weren't starving, we ordered a plate of seafood alfredo to share. Also delicious! And there was so much seafood (crab, shrimp and scallops) in it, we didn't eat it all. Ive had a lot of great seafood so i was VERY surprised to get such a great meal here of all places. Sadly, I doubt they'll survive, as most people (like I did) probably assume its another lame restaurant in that location and never try it. Definitely the best seafood I've had in Harford county. The only downside is that the atmosphere isn't as great as the food. There's a sports bar but the dining room is lame. I'll definitely be going back before they're gone though, lol.

1 Thank Paralawyer
“Amazing Seafood: A hidden gem in the Aberdeen area. Order the Old Bay Fries!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

I stopped by here on business and had a hankering for crab legs. I found the Pelican Cove restaurant and was floored by the food, atmosphere and service. The address that i found off of Google got me into the area but it took me to a Taco Bell that was about 800ft short of the restaurants actual location. If you do stop by keep that in mind.

The waiter was extremely friendly and offered suggestions off of the menu. I had a hard time figuring out what to eat because the menu featured delectible items such as fried oysters, scallops and fettucine alfredo with Old Bay shrimp/scallops. I ended up ordering the crab legs. I received 3 clusters of crab legs. Also, i never had Old Bay seasoned fries but...WOW! They were sooo good. Defintely order some if you go there. The crab legs were juicy and meaty. I would say that this restaurant would give Joes Crab Shack a run for its money. You absolutely get more food for your buck at Pelican Cove.

The atmosphere was a cross between a sports bar and a cozy restaurant. There was a small wall separating the bar area from the people eating in the restaurant area. The bartender was extremely friendly. This struck me as a great place to gather your buddies to watch the game. Plenty of parking too. The meal was inexpensive considering the amount of food that i was served. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone else passing through. It is located within a few blocks of the interstate.

1 Thank laff4becky
Baltimore, Maryland
“Pleasant surprise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012

Six of us were looking for a place to eat before going to a nearby movie. Amid the many fast food choices in the area we were pleasantly surprised to find a fairly new seafood restaurant. It did not disappoint. The cream of crab soup was excellent. Everyone in our party was pleased with his or her meal.

• Visited July 2012
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hidden Treasure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

This unknown restaurant was chosen by my niece for her mother's retirement party. Some family members had to travel at least 2 hours, not knowing what to expect. As we arrived within 30 minutes of each other, we were warmly greeted and offered beverages. There were approx 25 of us but getting everyone's order correctly was handled with ease. The service was slow but the food was certainly worth the wait. The crabcakes were awesome, with lump crab meat and a minimal amount of filler. Our waiter was patient and attentive (unfortunately I dont remember his name).
The resturant was empty on a Sunday afternoon which was sad to see that such a lovely place as this underutilized.

• Visited July 2012