La Quinta Inn & Suites Aberdeen-APG
Red Roof Inn - Aberdeen(Aberdeen)(Great Value!)
$55
$103
$117
$107
GardenInn.com
$52
Budget Inn of Aberdeen(Aberdeen)(Great Value!)
$71
$53
$149
Comfort Inn & Suites(Aberdeen)(Great Value!)
$89
$71
$139
$119
$96
  • Breakfast included
$110
Home2.com
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 13, 2010

On Monday, 5/3/2010 I checked into the LaQuinta Hotel. Instead of waking up to the Bright side of things I woke up to several bite marks from Bed bugs. I went to sleep at 10:30 and 11:45 I woke up constantly itching. I cut on the light and I noticed a bed bug on the adjacent bed. I check the bed I was sleeping in and found a bed bug under my pillow. I caught one of the bedbug and put it in a plasticbag. Unfortunately I didn't get any sleep that night. I was afraid to leave the room because as I approached the entrance of the building, two young men were smoking outside the door and had the door propped open with the door mat. It made me feel very uncomfortable so I stayed in the infested room and waited to early morning to inform the staff of the problem. I spoke to the rep and showed her the bedbug specimen. She stated they will only give me a refund me for the day and probably will accomodate me at another hotel. Overall it was nothing she could do at that point. She had to wait until a manager came in and they could call me back. Well three hours passed and I finally received a phone call and she left a extended message on my cell phone which I saved. Basically they wanted to provide me with another room or a better hotel. I was furious and felt violated and embarrased. I decided for my own mental sanity and physical health it was best to find a better hotel.
I was so stunned, and exhausted I didn't know really understand what was going on and the hotel clerk didn't do anything to help me.

I was debriefed by a 5 star hotel on what to do and what not to do so I would take the bed bugs home with me or bring the bed bugs to another hotel. I was completely devastated and ashamed. They didn't even want to pay to have my luggage exchanged or clothes professionally cleaned.

Needless to say, at 6:00 am I went to the front desk and showed them how badly I was attacked by the bedbugs. The situation got worse, and I had a nasty adverse reaction. I had to go to the doctor and receive benadryl cream and antohistomine. None of the medicine worked and my hands and arms swelled up really badly. I had to go back to the hotel and receive icepacks, blood work, and antibiotics. I never knew bed bugs could cause so much pain and suffering and sleep deprivation. I returned back to the hotel to return the check in cards, receive an invoice for my records, and to see if the La Quinta could do something to make me whole.

The end result is lost of money, self esteem, and discarded three designed business suit, pajamas, slippers, luggage, underwear, and pocketbook. I have two small children and I couldn't risk bringing the bed bugs to my home.

I made several attempts to contact somebody at Laquinta through email, phone to help me regarding the situation but I am just getting the run around.

My hotel visit at the LaQuinta in Aberdeen, MD was less than Stellar experience. I am a very upset and disatisfied customer.
Today I contacted the LAQuinta at the Aberdeen, MD office because I haven't been successful through the email or by phone to address my problem. This desk clerk was so unprofessional I don't even understand why you are still in business.
Next I will try to seek resolution by contacting the President & Chief Executive officer of LaQuinta. I don't understand why it is so hard to contact some who cares about my situation.
I am a very unhappy and disastified customer.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank covinr
lq6163GM, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Aberdeen-APG, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2010

The unfortunate incident of bedbug happened on May 3rd, 2010. La Quinta Aberdeen was quick in responding and correcting the situation. The entire section on both floors was quarantined and treated immediately by Filcco Pest Control based in Fairless Hills, PA. This section of the hotel was opened to the public on May 12th, after a follow up visit and certification issued by Filcco Company. Guests staying in that section were satisfied and gave the hotel an outstanding reviews.

All of us here apologize dearly for the experience of our guest however, I would like to stress that Bed bugs do not reflect on the cleanliness of hotels and resorts. These insects do not eat crumbs or dirt, or anything we may associate with unsanitary hotel room conditions. They only feed on blood, and since bed bugs tend to stow away and travel with humans, any place that sees a number of world travelers is susceptible. Pilots, wealthy people, and business travelers can bring bed bugs along unwittingly.

We took no chances. It is the quick, thorough, and responsible response, and it did remedy the situation.

Reviewed June 7, 2010

This hotel has no elevator but they don't tell you that when they assign room on the 2nd floor. We loaded a cart with bags only to find out that we had to carry them upstairs. The room was adequately clean but had a hint of smoke smell despite the fact that it was a non-smoking room. The iron didn't work. We informed that staff but receive no acknowledgement or apology. I wouldn't recommend this hotel or stay there again. The staff was adequate.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Traveler2_10_10

A short story: A young lady and her mother, a young corporal and his lieutenant shared a cabin on a train. Passing through a tunnel, the lights went out and the passengers heard the sound of a kiss and a slap. The young lady thought that the young corporal could not resist her charms but at the same time she was pleased that her mother protected her honor and slapped the young man. Mother was not surprised, either, that the young corporal kissed her beautiful daughter, and was proud that her daughter is not an easy target and that she slapped the young corporal. The Lieutenant thought that the corporal did what young people are supposed to do, but did not understand why the mother chose to slap him. The young corporal was the only one who knew the truth. Not only did he get to kiss the beautiful lady, but did get to slap his lieutenant.

Perception is the key. I do apologize to our guest who found the room not to be up to par, however, I have personally inspected the room and found it to be clean and fresh as the pictures show. Numerous guests stayed at that room and gave us great reviews, as you can see on Tripadvisor.

Reviewed June 7, 2010

We stayed here for a family wedding. Many of the family members stayed here as well. Didn't hear any complaints from anyone else.
We had a king suite with king bed and TWO pull out couches!! We were changed from an Execuive King to the suite which was perfect for me & my 2 daughters so everyone had a bed to sleep in plus lots of room to move around.
Only problem was the terribly strong mold smell in the AC. Couldn't run the one in my room cause it stunk so bad. The other room smelled just as bad but the others didn't seem to mind. Bathroom was a little small but we didn't live in there!!
Had a large breakfast area and good selection. Family got together for breakfast both mornings.
Had free WiFi and good TV reception. The pool closed 9 PM so we didn't get to swim after the OUTSIDE wedding but sure wish we had cause it was HOT that wknd.
It was conveniently located right off Hwy. 22? not far from I-95. Many restaurant very close, as well as Home Depot, Walmart, etc.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed May 21, 2010

We always stay here for baseball tournaments and we really love it. For the money you cant go wrong. It is very convenient to the Ripken complex and they have a great little bar and grill across the street. The kids liked the pool last year when we stayed there. Honestly, I do not understand the negative reviews with this hotel. I really think it is nice so much so that we signed up for a La Quinta frequent travelor card.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed May 3, 2010

First I want to start by saying I stayed in this hotel on May 1st, which is my BIRTHDAY! Stayed here while visiting my then boyfriend (now fiancé!!!!!) while he is at APG. the rooms APPEAR to be clean, well then why is it when I get home I am COVERED with BED BUG BITES!!! I googled images and sure enough match mine to a T! I called the Corp. offices for La Quinta, only to be told this is a privately owned La Quinta Inn, so called the hotel, only to be told "Oh well, when he gets a chance, our maintenance man will take a look, because if there was bed bugs they would still be there." Yeh really lady, there would be, so go check! Got no calls back, I had to call them, back only to be told "He checked but didn't see anything, but we will get someone out maybe TONIGHT OR MAYBE TOMORROW." Really so let’s just let them rebreed alllll over the room! Not to mention, when I mentioned, "That room needs to off limits to guest." I was met with dead air on the other line.....smh.... ROOM 126!! KEEP OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!! Will update as soon as I hear back from them...will also be posting my pics but from my camera phone for now...when I get home from work I will take better pics, I am fully covered at the embarrassment of my arms! I JUST got an engagement ring which I feel awful showing off due to the nasty bumps on my hands!!!!!!!

Disgusted in NY,