“Less than comfortable” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #13 of 17 Hotels in Aberdeen
Albany, New York
“Less than comfortable”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2010

This hotel has no elevator but they don't tell you that when they assign room on the 2nd floor. We loaded a cart with bags only to find out that we had to carry them upstairs. The room was adequately clean but had a hint of smoke smell despite the fact that it was a non-smoking room. The iron didn't work. We informed that staff but receive no acknowledgement or apology. I wouldn't recommend this hotel or stay there again. The staff was adequate.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Traveler2_10_10
lq6163GM, Manager at Country Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 30, 2010
A short story: A young lady and her mother, a young corporal and his lieutenant shared a cabin on a train. Passing through a tunnel, the lights went out and the passengers heard the sound of a kiss and a slap. The young lady thought that the young corporal could not resist her charms but at the same time she was pleased that her mother protected her honor and slapped the young man. Mother was not surprised, either, that the young corporal kissed her beautiful daughter, and was proud that her daughter is not an easy target and that she slapped the young corporal. The Lieutenant thought that the corporal did what young people are supposed to do, but did not understand why the mother chose to slap him. The young corporal was the only one who knew the truth. Not only did he get to kiss the beautiful lady, but did get to slap his lieutenant.

Perception is the key. I do apologize to our guest who found the room not to be up to par, however, I have personally inspected the room and found it to be clean and fresh as the pictures show. Numerous guests stayed at that room and gave us great reviews, as you can see on Tripadvisor.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
GA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2010

We stayed here for a family wedding. Many of the family members stayed here as well. Didn't hear any complaints from anyone else.
We had a king suite with king bed and TWO pull out couches!! We were changed from an Execuive King to the suite which was perfect for me & my 2 daughters so everyone had a bed to sleep in plus lots of room to move around.
Only problem was the terribly strong mold smell in the AC. Couldn't run the one in my room cause it stunk so bad. The other room smelled just as bad but the others didn't seem to mind. Bathroom was a little small but we didn't live in there!!
Had a large breakfast area and good selection. Family got together for breakfast both mornings.
Had free WiFi and good TV reception. The pool closed 9 PM so we didn't get to swim after the OUTSIDE wedding but sure wish we had cause it was HOT that wknd.
It was conveniently located right off Hwy. 22? not far from I-95. Many restaurant very close, as well as Home Depot, Walmart, etc.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
magnolia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2010

We always stay here for baseball tournaments and we really love it. For the money you cant go wrong. It is very convenient to the Ripken complex and they have a great little bar and grill across the street. The kids liked the pool last year when we stayed there. Honestly, I do not understand the negative reviews with this hotel. I really think it is nice so much so that we signed up for a La Quinta frequent travelor card.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
NYC, NY
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2010

First I want to start by saying I stayed in this hotel on May 1st, which is my BIRTHDAY! Stayed here while visiting my then boyfriend (now fiancé!!!!!) while he is at APG. the rooms APPEAR to be clean, well then why is it when I get home I am COVERED with BED BUG BITES!!! I googled images and sure enough match mine to a T! I called the Corp. offices for La Quinta, only to be told this is a privately owned La Quinta Inn, so called the hotel, only to be told "Oh well, when he gets a chance, our maintenance man will take a look, because if there was bed bugs they would still be there." Yeh really lady, there would be, so go check! Got no calls back, I had to call them, back only to be told "He checked but didn't see anything, but we will get someone out maybe TONIGHT OR MAYBE TOMORROW." Really so let’s just let them rebreed alllll over the room! Not to mention, when I mentioned, "That room needs to off limits to guest." I was met with dead air on the other line.....smh.... ROOM 126!! KEEP OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!! Will update as soon as I hear back from them...will also be posting my pics but from my camera phone for now...when I get home from work I will take better pics, I am fully covered at the embarrassment of my arms! I JUST got an engagement ring which I feel awful showing off due to the nasty bumps on my hands!!!!!!!

Disgusted in NY,

Antonia R.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LadyMontana205
Brant Rock, Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2010

Worst hotel I've stayed in since I was a broke college student in the early 80's. Ab-so-lute dump,pit,[--]........ This La Quinta needs to be razed. My youngest daughter is home sick from school from the mold in the room. We had room 132---beware of this room or any room. Water damage in every corner and ceiling, dirty carpet, sheets and pillow cases, coffee maker had to be from the 80's, I prob could have carbon dated the stains, doors dented and or rotting at there bases. $90 a night AAA rate, I should have slept in the car. Skipped on the breakfast--can't imagine what that would have been like after room 132. BEWARE--continue driving to your final destination or find a different hotel. On a good note--check in was quick and one of the staff members left a nice welcome note.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Dover, DE
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2010

Check in was quick and efficient. The room was clean and well kept. It had a micro wave and refrigerator. I only stayed one night so I really didn't have a need to use them. Plenty of towels, shampoo, soap, etc. Bed was comfortable for a night's sleep. Over all property was quiet. Easy access from the interstate. Plenty of resturants around the property. I was duly impressed. In fact I'm going to Roanoke, VA next week and will be booking into the La Quinta in that area.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank acscolo
Spencer, MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2010

We were bringing a family member to Aberdeen Proving Ground and this hotel was our stay for the night. Was close to the base. Quiet, Clean and very roomy and the staff was very friendly.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aberdeen
Comfort Inn & Suites
Red Roof Inn - Aberdeen
Red Roof Inn - Aberdeen
#5 of 17 in Aberdeen
Home2 Suites by Hilton Baltimore Aberdeen
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bel Air East at I-95 Riverside (Aberdeen)

Been to Country Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!