“Never, ever, ever, ever again!!!!”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Aberdeen-APG
Ranked #13 of 16 Hotels in Aberdeen
Brant Rock, Massachusetts
“Never, ever, ever, ever again!!!!”
Reviewed April 27, 2010

Worst hotel I've stayed in since I was a broke college student in the early 80's. Ab-so-lute dump,pit,[--]........ This La Quinta needs to be razed. My youngest daughter is home sick from school from the mold in the room. We had room 132---beware of this room or any room. Water damage in every corner and ceiling, dirty carpet, sheets and pillow cases, coffee maker had to be from the 80's, I prob could have carbon dated the stains, doors dented and or rotting at there bases. $90 a night AAA rate, I should have slept in the car. Skipped on the breakfast--can't imagine what that would have been like after room 132. BEWARE--continue driving to your final destination or find a different hotel. On a good note--check in was quick and one of the staff members left a nice welcome note.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Dover, DE
Reviewed April 15, 2010

Check in was quick and efficient. The room was clean and well kept. It had a micro wave and refrigerator. I only stayed one night so I really didn't have a need to use them. Plenty of towels, shampoo, soap, etc. Bed was comfortable for a night's sleep. Over all property was quiet. Easy access from the interstate. Plenty of resturants around the property. I was duly impressed. In fact I'm going to Roanoke, VA next week and will be booking into the La Quinta in that area.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank acscolo
Spencer, MA
Reviewed April 4, 2010

We were bringing a family member to Aberdeen Proving Ground and this hotel was our stay for the night. Was close to the base. Quiet, Clean and very roomy and the staff was very friendly.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Dunn
Reviewed February 12, 2010

A group of five of us stayed at this La Quinta off I-95 in nothern Maryland. The price was unbeatable (although it was a few days after Christmas in freezing weather) considering the quality of the room and amenities. This hotel is a great stay if you're traveling on I-95 in Maryland.

Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Quebec City, Canada
Reviewed January 30, 2010

We were there on January 16, 2010

We were looking for a quick pit stop traveling back from Florida and we decided to stop in Aberdeen since it seems to be a quiet little place with not too expensive hotels.

After consulting TripAdvisor "La Quinta Inn" was not our first choice in the area since the "Super 8" and the "Red Roof Inn" were less expensive (around 55$/night).

But when it is possible I always ask to see the room before I book it. And since we were greeted by what seemed to be little cockroaches in both the "Super 8" and in the "Red Roof Inn" rooms, we decided that I was worth it to spend about 20$ more and have a room to ourselves at La Quinta Inn. I don't like to share !

The room was very clean and the staff was very friendly and helpful. And the wireless access in the room is a plus.

Another reason to choose this hotel is the hot breakfast (not continental). They have everything you could with for. Eggs, sausage, oatmeal, waffles, good juice, etc…

The area could be a little confusing but look for "La Quinta Inn" it is worth it.

I will definitely go back if the price is right.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
Eau Claire, WI
Reviewed July 3, 2009

We stayed at the La Quinta while visiting family in Havre de Grace. I thought the hotel itself was ok and the rooms were clean. I did book my room through a travel site which was supposed to be an "executive king room w/a sofa bed" it had a king bed with a love seat, no sofa bed. We had kids sleeping on the floor. The staff seemed very friendly if not a bit over persistant (housekeeping.) They have a hot contintental breakfast and a pool which was nice. The one disappointment was that the pub was never open during our two night stay. There is a pub in a different hotel across the street which we went to, their staff was very friendly. At one point my husband and I needed a cork screw. The front desk at the La Quinta did not have one so we ventured across the street. The gentleman at that front desk didn't have one either but suggested we try the bar in their hotel. They gave us one to use, no questions asked, of course we brought it right back but that really made my day. I guess if you drink wine and ever find yourself in that situation you can understand! Overall the La Quinta was nice - oh and they have on site laundry facilities which are great when traveling with kids. Honestly I think you could find an equal or better stay for your money close by. I would stay here again if the rates came down, many of the hotel/motels around them are cheaper and I think you'd get the same thing.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
USA
Reviewed February 10, 2009

We had planned to stay here for 4 nights - but checked out after the first night. We had to call the front desk to request maintenance at about 7pm because the toilet in our room was not working. The desk clerk told us there was no maintenance staff available. My husband asked him to move us to another room, but the clerk said there wasn't one available, but he would bring us a plunger to use. Um, we are the guest here so we said he could bring it but we shouldn't be expected to have to use it since we are paying for the "privilege" of staying there. Miraculously, he found us another room although it was not much of an improvement. The toilet in the new room was noisy - the water kept running - and when it did stop there was a constant, loud, screechy noise that made sleeping a challenge. In fact, I had to sleep with my iPod headphones & music to drown out the noise. The cleanliness of the rooms were less than desirable although housekeeping does the best they can with old, worn-out dirty carpets, furniture and musty rooms. We didn't bother with the free breakfast - I question the cleanliness of the kitchen based on the cleanliness of the rooms. We moved to another hotel after the first night.

We have stayed at other LaQuinta's in the past and have been satisfied with the quality and cleanliness. This one needs a major overhaul.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple