“Good Value”

Red Roof Inn - Aberdeen
Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Aberdeen
Reviewed December 21, 2013

Typically where I stay when I am in town on business. Have stayed here a few times for 2 weeks on end. It very convenient to everything including grocery/liquor store, dry cleaner, bank, barber, restaurants, highway etc. Rooms are nice, fridge, microwave, iron, nice flat screen TV. For the price don't think you can beat it.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
RedRoof136_12, General Manager at Red Roof Inn - Aberdeen, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

Thank you for your review! We're so glad that you found our hotel to be a convenient location for your business travel and dining options. We are very lucky to have so many dining and shopping options available within minutes of the hotel. Thank you again for your recent stay with us and we hope to welcome you back.

Red Roof Aberdeen

Reviewed December 4, 2013

No problems with a recent 1-night stay at Red Roof Aberdeen. Arrival was rather late, around 11:00pm, which meant that the lobby was not open, and check-in had to be done at the shielded service window. That doesn't give the greatest first impression, but the staff member was pleasant, and putting credit cards and receipts through a window opening wasn't any worse than completing a bank transaction.
The room, as requested, was in a quieter part of the building. Room seemed clean, with no trace of smoking odor. While the entire motel is advertised as no-smoking, although the check-out person told me that they still have some morons who smoke in the rooms. Red Roof will assess the violators a $250 charge, but she mentioned that it can be hard to collect, so they also keep track on a do-not-rent-to list, which is at least some sort of punitive measure.
The rooms are not large (especially the bath) but bed was comfortable, and the TV was a newish flatscreen. They did a somewhat recent renovation of the rooms, but unfortunately, the heating/AC unit under the window was not replaced - it seemed to work, but had the rumble like a monster machine at a tractor pull. The toilet paper in the bath was obviously lower-grade, but no splinters were detected, so all was OK. For the $39.99 special rate that was obtained, this would be an acceptable acommodation in the future.

Room Tip: Second floor may be a bit less active, and somewhat quieter
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for such a nice review! We're so glad that you were able to have a relaxing stay, found our staff friendly and our rooms to be clean and affordable. We welcome you back see you soon.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

This place does not even deserve one star!! Room dirty and had bad d=oder. Weird clients, Man oarked close to our room was doing some sort of sales from his car. Three rooms down from the office there were "ladies" doing business. The drapes were open. When not occupied they were hanging with the room door open in skimpy attire. When we complained to the office the clerk said that they could not do anything as they had paid for the room. Office staff very uncaring. Took 10 minutes for someone to pay attention to us when we tried to check in and we were the only ones in the office. Asked for extra towels (only two in the room) stated that they did not have any. Also in the morning tried to get coffee told they did not have any to make. There were many food markets right around motel. We would have left but we had prepaid. It was an experience i would never want to have again. Spend a little more and stay at the Clariton next store or the La Quinta accross the street. Both are very nice and offer a nice breakfast

Room Tip: stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We read each and every review that is written and appreciate all feedback as it can only help us to improve. We apologize that the cleanliness of the room was not up to our usual standards, please know this is not a normal occurrence and we will be coaching our staff to ensure it does not happen in the future.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

We made the booking through Tingo on tripadvisor and did not have any problem with check-in. The room was much bigger than a recent stay at Super 8, and I loved the linoleum/wood looking floor (instead of carpet.) The room had excellent appeal as soon as we opened the door. The sink was across the room with a very nice mirror which looked very modern. I was happy to have the sink outside the bathroom. I could smell disinfect when I entered the room, which was a good thing. My dad loved the stylish bedspreads too. I liked the location and price the best. I also liked the numerous lighting fixtures (warm feeling) and the convenience of over-the-bed lighting. We stayed here because it was half the price of other nearby hotels. We actually had two other hotels reserved prior to reserving this one, but after comparing prices and online reviews, I choose this one and was not disappointed one bit. I would definitely stay here again. We stayed on the first floor to make it easier for my aging dad and was able to park right outside the door (convenient.) Since we needed the a/c, I kept it on low throughout the night, and didn't hear any outside noise. There are local places to eat, although, we visited people in Bel Air, so ate near them. It's very close to the Aberdeen Proving Ground and we visited the promenade at Havre de Grace. I like the fact that we were close enough to the sites we visited. It's right off I 95 which was very convenient. Not having breakfast paid by the hotel was worth the price paid for the room. The coffee in the lobby was all that we needed (since we had a cooler with some breakfast food.) The ice machine was working the whole time, and easily accessible. The only negative things:our soap wasn't replenished in the tub one of our nights, but I got new soap from the desk easily enough when we returned to the room that evening, and the TV (which my dad watched) was dark and didn't have as many channels as he was used to. But again, the price is worth it!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Thank you so much for such a nice review! We're so glad that you enjoyed your stay so much a Our team works very hard to ensure each guest has a comfortable and inviting experience. We hope to be able to welcome you back.

Red Roof Inn

Reviewed September 11, 2013

This was my second time here. Stayed here a year ago when we went to an Orioles game. Our experience last year was better than this year. Why?? For one thing the first room they gave us didn't have enough towels and no blankets on the bed...just sheets. Also, no shampoo or hair dryers in the room. And the WiFi hardly worked. I would like to stay here again but I feel some improvements need to be made. I will say the management tried to help us by changing our room. But still no hair dryers or shampoo.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We read each and every review that is written and appreciate all feedback as it can only help us to improve. We apologize that the accommodations and amenities were not up to our usual standards, please know this is not a normal occurrence and we will be coaching our staff to ensure it does not happen in the future.

Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

When we arrived the lady that was here was very nice and helpful. She even walked a guy to his room because he couldn't find it, we had to wait outside for her to come back but that was fine. She apologized to us for us having to wait, She was very sweet and very respectful woman. When we arrived to our room it smelled fresh and clean. The ac worked great, bathroom was clean, a little dirty behind the door but nothing to complain about, towels were clean and fresh and the beds were very comfortable. The only problem I did have was when I turn the shower on it made this awful screeching noise the whole time. I was unable to take a relaxing shower with the noise. My husband said he was annoyed by it just being in the room listening to it. Other then that everything was great. Also cheap, would stay again if in the area. Room 132...

• Stayed: September 2012

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We're so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for your comments about the friendliness of our staff, we certainly pride ourselves on making our guests feel welcome and at home with us. We hope to be able to welcome you back again the next time you are in Aberdeen.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

What a disappointment. My sister and I were traveling with our children and reserved two rooms. We arrived late and were not welcomed as we hoped rather had the front desk question our claim of reservation and added that they couldn't access reservations made online. After we provided our confirmation numbers, and watching their face of frustration, we were give rooms and went o gather our things.

My sister was sent to the wrong side of the building yet when finding her room, she was taken by the musty spell of the room.

I was sent to a room and after dragging my luggage up the stairs, I arrived at he room to find the room unfinished. Here's was a dolly in the room, with a refrigerator secured to it, things strewn all over he room, and he beds were stripped with the bed skirt laying on top of he bed.

It's now midnight, one hour after we first arrived, and I had o drag my luggage back to the office and explained what I found. Stacey at the front desk, met me. Pon hearing the finding, she and the other girl again looked at themselves and shook their heads. I asked for anther room and that I be free due to the experience thus far and Stacey advised, "I'll find you another room, but you're not getting a discount.

After 20 more minutes, I was given anther key. I requested one of he staff assist me to ensure the room was ok and help me find it. Stacey said clearly, no. The room has been inspected. I informed them I didn't know where the room was, I had two oung children and after what had happen thus far, I didn't honk it unreasonable o request she walk with me. As I was talking, she looked at me while shaking her head. Rude interactions at best, completely unprofessional and far below any standard of customer service at worst.

We arrive at the room and ill add the 100 percent remodeled room is a farce. There are new beds, flooring, and furniture, but the room itself has had no improvements other than paint. The bathroom spelled of urine, the room of sour water. The door was not secured and one cold easily see outside from the inside despite the door being closed! The bathroom sink Stunk as though again the water supply was of poor quality or perhaps sourced from old plumbing. There were dead bugs in the room.. Need I say more?

Do yourself a favor, stay clear of this dump. No savings is worth the shabby remodel and crappy customer service.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
RedRoof136_12, Manager at Red Roof Inn - Aberdeen, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2013

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your most recent stay. Please accept my apologies for the issues which ocurred at the property. I can assure you that corrective measures will be taken to ensure a similar situation does not occur in the future. At Red Roof, it is our intention to have your confidence in our abilities to prevent similar problems in the future. Please know that we value you as our guest and appreciate your business. Again, thank you for sharing your concerns and I hope you will give us the opportunity to better serve you at Red Roof the next time your travel plans require lodging.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Aberdeen
Comfort Inn & Suites
Holiday Inn Express Aberdeen - Chesapeake House
Travelodge Hotel Aberdeen
Travelodge Hotel Aberdeen
#9 of 16 in Aberdeen
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bel Air East at I-95 Riverside (Aberdeen)

Been to Red Roof Inn - Aberdeen? Share your experiences!