“Very Convenient for family at Ripken Baseball”

Holiday Inn Express Aberdeen - Chesapeake House
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Aberdeen
New City, New York
“Very Convenient for family at Ripken Baseball”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

This hotel was less than a five minute ride from the Ripken Baseball facility in Aberdeen, MD. The price was reasonable and, of course, free breakfast was a definite plus. The pool was indoors and more than adequate for between games. I had no complaints above children roaming free like i read about in other reviews.

My only complaints would be that the beds should be queen sized rather than doubles and extra pillows provided.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed October 4, 2012

We stayed in this hotel room 222 and it was so nice like what we always expect from holiday inn. Staff were friendly and our room equipped with fridge,microwave. Quite. Bathroom and room really clean unlike our experience from the other hotel.
We were treated well, we really enjoyed our stay and we will be back if we're in the area again. Very comfortable and for the price that was good. Can use some more pillows though :) and complimentary bottles of water will be nice.
Thanks and highly recommended.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
North, Virginia
Reviewed August 3, 2012

By Far, that is the best hotel in the area. It was clean and cool. The staff and managment were very kind. The location is great. The grounds were very well kept. It's in the same parking lot of the Green Turtle(resturant). The other hotels surrounding were very scary looking.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Cameron, North Carolina
Reviewed July 31, 2012

This hotel is okay. It depends on your priorities for a hotel. It does offer hot breakfast, but with a very limited selection. The breakfast hostess are extremely rude. You can hear them in the kitchen speaking Spanish talking about the customers. Since I know Spanish, I understood them, but not worth informing the management. They do have a small exercise room, but only one elliptical. The equipment is also very limited compared to the demand. They don't even have sanitizer in the exercise room. Also, if you want laundry, they have one washer/dryer, so be patient and wait. They also don't have a hot tub, as most of the comparable hotels do. So they have the bare minimum for all the amenties. If you are just needing one night or so, this will do. But this hotel is full of business travelers that stay for extended periods of time. Also, I have never had back problems, but the mattress is firm as a rock. A little better than sleeping on the floor. If you don't like FIRM mattresses, then you should really opt for somewhere else.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Roanoke, Indiana
Reviewed July 11, 2012

I enjoyed my four-night stay here, with good service and facilities throughout.

Front desk service was polite, friendly, and thorough, though not as quick as I experience as a frequent traveler at most hotels - perhaps since I'm not very frequent with Holiday Inns. The fresh cookies were a nice unexpected touch.

The lobby area was clean and well-maintained, but the entry to the breakfast area was crowded with furniture and hard to navigate. Elevators are conveniently next to the front door and desk. Parking was convenient and free, though the entrance can be a bit challenging to find the first time.

The room was very well maintained and comfortable enough, though the bed was a bit stiff even for someone with a preference for firm beds. The typical under-window air conditioner was reasonably loud, but not intolerable. I didn't hear any road noise despite having a room facing the highway.

The breakfast was pretty good for this class of hotel, with a little variation from day to day. It was well attended and there was plenty to eat at all times despite the large volume of visitors.

The hotel is in the only area in Aberdeen with lots of restaurants and shopping within walking distance, or a short drive. Decent shopping centers surround the hotel (nicest restaurant by far was Mamie's - check it out).

Lots and lots of kids, mostly for the very nice little league park near Ripken Field on the other side of I-95. I was fortunate to be on a floor with very few, so it was pretty quiet, but I imagine it might have been noisier on the other floors. Definitely made breakfast more congested, so I'd suggest arriving earlier than usual (before 7).

Checkout was quick and uneventful, as expected.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Maryland
Reviewed July 2, 2012

We stayed here overnight for a wedding in the area. The room was clean, but small, and the beds were not very comfortable. We had no problems with check-in and the hotel is very convenient to the highway and numerous restaurants and bars. If you don't mind being 5 minutes away and paying for your own breakfast, the Courtyard is much nicer and comparably priced.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Beaufort, South Carolina
Reviewed June 23, 2012

This hotel is nothing special. It's consistant with the old school Holiday Inns from the 80's and absolutely NOTHING like the Holiday Inn that we have in Beaufort, South Carolina. I hope you guys go take a look at that Holiday Inn and make adjustments! Claudia checked us in efficiently. Our house keeper was efficient at cleaning our room. The price was decent - $82 per night (state government rate.) Unfortunately, the bed was rock hard! The room size was average. I have to say the three biggest disappointments were the pillow sizes which were extremely small and uncomfortable. Thank God I brought my own pillows because on night three, my husband's neck was really hurting and he tossed and turned all night. The pool area was advertised incorrectly. I was extremely disappointed to find that there was no hot tub! The air conditioning was awful! It was either too cold or too hot! There was no ventilation in the bathroom at all which is why the paint around the tub is chipping. The worst part of my stay was the food! It was downright nasty! The eggs were not real, and neither was the sausage. The choices were overall very slim and they didn't even have a waffle maker! They had a pancake maker and since I don't eat pancakes, I found myself hungry every morning trying to figure out what I was going to eat. Saturday brought the overwhelming amount of young boys and people associated with the baseball team. They took over the entire hotel - breakfast area, lobby area, swimming pool area, and all hallways! Overall, just an average stay at best!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple