“Hotel from Hell”

Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in Aberdeen
NC
“Hotel from Hell”
Reviewed August 29, 2012

Don't stay at this hotel/motel!! Needing a place to just rest our heads after a long day on the road and having to get up early the next morning, we and a guest did not want to spend too much money on a place to just spend the night. Believe me, you get what you pay for. We used a coupon you get from one of those coupon books you pick up at Welcome Centers at state borders. For $43 we got a fairly large room with two queen beds, an extremely musty smell, a disgusting bathroom (that I would not take a shower in) and towels that were barely enough to dry your hands or face, yet alone your entire body. The toilet paper was from some third world country. I will have to say that the bed wasn't too awful but maybe that was because we were so tired and fell asleep right away. In the morning, watching t.v. before going to the "continental breakfast" (a term used lightly) in the lobby, but what did I see moving across the chest of drawers that the t.v. was resting on? A cockroach - yuck. By the way, I had to go to the office such as it was and ask for a remote for the t.v. In the morning I went to the lobby for some coffee - about 2 inches left in the pot, two remaining stryrofoam cups and two pieces of white bread in a basket. Oh, and a hopper of cereal. I went back to our rooms and told my husband and then our friend in the next room to get our things, we weren't eating here. Went down the block and surprise - there was a Panera's. One positive to the whole grungy experience. The sports bar/restaurant attached to this place was actually quite good - it's a big place with lots of t.v.'s in one area and separated from a quieter dining area and the prices were quite reasonable.

Room Tip: Don't choose a room - just don't stay there.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank potterygirlNC

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Mechanicsville, Virginia
Reviewed July 16, 2012

No matter what it looks like in the pictures, do not stay at this hotel!! One of the first things we saw was a police office escorting a drunk with shorts and someone other sketchy man bringing him his clothes. The room was not very clean, the water pressure out of the shower was like my kitchen faucet or worse. No AC in the hall ways or office which was also not clean at all. Double doors leading into the hotel around back held open with a brick and no security required to walk right in. My husband and I were awaken at 5am by someone trying to open our door and when I asked who the hell was there a drunk was asking for his shorts and shoes. I called the front desk and did nothing, didn't even check to see if we were ok. The so called breakfast was terrible, we had coffee only. But lady getting a plate to take back to her room found a spider in her food!! Like I said Run Away as Fast as you can and do not stay near this hotel. Its worth the few extra bucks to stay at the Holiday Inn Express or any other hotel for that matter (except the Days Inn across the street).

Room Tip: As I said, there is a Holiday Inn Express that is very nice, other wise go back one exit and stay in...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Paula P
Manchester, New Hampshire
Reviewed May 27, 2012

Run away as fast as you can! I stayed at Travelodge Aberdeen Hotel one night; I had checked it out online and it seemed to have good reviews. I was in a hurry so didn't check further. I should have. This place was disgusting. The floors where dirtly, there was floss still on the sink from the previous occupant, the rugs felt so sticky gross I couldn't walk on them without shoes! I couldn't even conceive of showering there it felt so dirty and gross. I had a non-smoking room but smoke permeated the air so badly it did't matter what room you where in it stank. If you expect a clean hotel to stay in.... this is NOT the place to go.

Room Tip: Do not choose this hotel if you want a good room
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Cinnjaxx
sparrows point
Reviewed May 14, 2012

OMG! I wished I had kept going! There was a loud fight in the hallway, and it sounded like it traveled from one end to the other. The next day there were broken beer bottles in the outside stairwell. And the worst part, when my kids got up the next morning, there were covered in red bumps, which the doctor told me they were bed bugs!!! The toilet wouldn't flush toilet tissue down, and the water pressure was so weak! I called to let the hotel know about the bed bugs and the night manager was uncooperative! I would never stay here again!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank charles f
Hartford, Connecticut, United States
Reviewed May 3, 2012

I arrived to a gang fight outside my first floor room window - 2 persons beaten with a baseball bat and bottles. 2 hrs of swearing and running thru the halls by apparent residents of the hotel. Then the victims of the first fight came back and a second fight was beginning. This time the police were called and arrests made. The hotel is full of homeless people living there and languishing in the parking lot. Paper thin walls let you hear every cuss word - which never stop. Average age of residents in this hotel appears to be 20 - 30, and many are hanging out of open windows, openly drinking or drunk, etc. The guy at the front desk was completely unhelpful and it was guests that called the police. Many guests, including myself, checked out. The only good thing about this hotel is that they gave me my money back. Stay away.

Room Tip: No good rooms.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Linda R
Reviewed April 27, 2012 via mobile

After reading some of the reviews on here, I braced myself for an "experience." Luckilly it was a pleasant one! The rooms were clean and the staff was friendly.

I higly reccomend it.

• Stayed April 2012
Stamford, Connecticut
Reviewed March 14, 2012

The front desk accepted a coupon we had for a $40 special on a Sunday without problems. At first we weren't sure how safe the area + how run down the hotel was , because the hallways look shady and old. But the rooms were spacious and quiet and the bed extremely comfortable.
The room could have been cleaned better though and there was a smell of cigarette smoke in the air (in a non smoking room). However, we ended up liking our stay due to the good location (proximity to restaurants, supermarket, gas station) and the good night sleep we had.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple