“Nice room”

Courtyard Aberdeen at Ripken Stadium
Ranked #5 of 16 Hotels in Aberdeen
Reviewed March 9, 2014

The front desk personnel were very friendly and helpful. The room was large and very comfortable. The room was across from the elevators and we could hear whenever anyone got on or off it. Of course, most people don't understand hotel etiquette, and think that no one else is staying at the hotel and they can be as loud as they want in the halls. That is not the hotel's fault. Fortunately, it was not really busy, and we were not bothered late into the night. I could see where that location could be a problem. The breakfast was ok. We did not use the pool or exercise room.

Room Tip: Don't get a room near the elevator.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 15, 2014

We only stayed overnight but this hotel would be a great place for baseball fans. Our room overlooked Cal Ripken stadium. The room was very clean and comfortable. We got a great rate on Priceline. Breakfast was included but after a late night, we got up too late to enjoy it. The hotel had a bar but we didn't use it. All staff were pleasant and helpful.

Room Tip: Even room numbers overlook the stadium.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 1, 2014

I didn't expect much of this hotel but was pleasantly surprised. One downside to the place:

I asked for a late check-in so instead of 11 am i requested 2 pm and the front desk told me no problem.

at 11 am there was a knock at my door, I explained I was still in the room until 2.
at 11:15 am there was a knock. Same thing
11:30 - same thing
at 12 pm, i went to get a drink and realized my key didnt work. At this time the room checker was coming by. I explained I needed to get back in the room. He said, 'no you have checked out.'
I explained I had not as all of my belongings were still in the room and could he please let me in. He said 'no' and continued walking. Luckily there was a front desk phone by the elevators and I was able to get my card extended.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Crista W, Manager at Courtyard Aberdeen at Ripken Stadium, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

J L,

Firstly, thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott, Aberdeen at Ripken Stadium. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the hotel. However, I do apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with your late check-out and our staff. I am disappointed as well and will be looking into the situation. It is always a priority to make our guests feel welcome and be available to help whenever needed. Please contact me the next time you are in the Aberdeen area and I would be more than happy to assist you.

Crista West
Guest Services Manager

Reviewed January 22, 2014

I stayed at this hotel this past weekend and have to say the facility was beyond my expectations. The Front Desk person, Jonathan was very helpful and courteous and put me on the 7th floor overlooking Cal Ripken Stadium. What a view it was. I only wish it was summer and a game was going on.

My room had all the amenities that you would expect. A coffee maker, refrigerator, desk, iron, and ironing board. The room was immaculate and very comfortable.

Room Tip: ask for a room facing the AAA ball field.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Its always a pleasant surprise when the hotel you arrive at is far nicer than indicated in the pictures - and this was the case here. All of the pictures I saw online made it look a bit dated and frumpy, but I was happy to arrive to a very modern (recently renovated?) room that was very clean and very comfortable. I think they may have had a memory foam mattress in the room and I got a great night's sleep. The location was great for my purpose-- I needed a place to rest my head halfway up 95. The hotel is right off 95 and adjacent to this baseball park. The hotel has a tasteful baseball theme. I have no idea who stays here if not for one of these reasons- not much around. Also liked that wifi was simple & free (none of this fumbling with a code that you have to reregister every hour). Only downside is that I arrived really late (after hours) and distance from parking lot to entrance seemed substantial when traveling alone. Otherwise highly recommend for comfort and courteous staff. Breakfast looked good from afar, but I think they were charging about $12- stop at the Waffle House a few exits up.

Room Tip: Keep in mind this is next to a baseball park- if you aren't into kids & families & the n...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 19, 2013

Father-son road trip to a baseball tournament at the adjacent Cal Ripken complex. I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of our room, the free ( and needed) coffee, and the patience of the staff in the presence of a couple hundred screaming pre-teen boys. If you're attending a tournament the convenience can't be beat. Room had a fridge.

Room Tip: You can request a room that overlooks the main Cal Ripken Sr field.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 11, 2013

We just stayed at the Courtyard for our son's baseball tournament. What a great experience! Staff was pleasant. Activities were planned for the whole weekend (some free/some cost associated...but nominal). The grounds and room were both clean. Staff was pleasant and helpful. The only "negative" was the hotel only had 1 extra pillow per room because it was booked to capacity--however, I can absolutely understand the limitation. (But plan accordingly.)

Originally, our familiy discussed staying at an off-site hotel, but if your child is playing in a tournament, I highly recommend staying on site....it just added to the ease and fun of the overall experience. I would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: I recommend a room with a field view.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family