“Great meal, great service”
Review of La Tolteca

La Tolteca
Ranked #3 of 54 Restaurants in Aberdeen
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed March 8, 2014

We loved this place. The meals are terrific and the food is plentiful. Actually had enough left over from my fajitas for two more meals. They make the guacamole table side and it was sooo good as well!

1  Thank sallyannd

Reviewed February 5, 2014

We went to the Aberdeen location and really enjoyed the atmosphere. The restaurant is big with plenty of seating, so there was no wait. The décor was bright and colorful. We especially loved the hand painted chairs. The food was nice, not like being in Mexico, but better than a national chain. There are plenty of choices on the menu to pick from. Our server was kind. My only disappointed was with the water. We asked some tap water with lemon and it tasted awful. I couldn't drink mine. We later asked for another glass of water halfway through the meal, and again it tasted bad. I'm not sure what's in their pipes, but a filtering system would be appreciated.

Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

Good food and decent price, especially if you have children. The portions are big so we took some home for the next day. You gets chips and salsa (endless). The service was good too. They have several TVs if younger interested in watching sports.

Reviewed January 17, 2014

We were shopping and needed a place easy to get to. It is just off I-95. We were sorry we did not eat there sooner. The fajitas were over the top. The meat was tender and perfectly seasoned. The guacamole was made table-side and the best we have ever tasted! The margaritas were very good. WOW!!
We will go back for more!

Reviewed December 31, 2013

This is an excellent local Mexican restaurant, reasonably priced and staffed by cheerful, helpful young men.

Every bit of food we ordered was fresh and delicious, especially the guacamole made to order at the table.

Try the excellent chicken soup. I had the lime/cilantro chicken and could not finish the plate, given my indulgence in the guacamole and the chips and salsa.

I believe that it has been recently refurbished, as the booths' deep relief Mexican scenes were bright-colored and new-looking.

Lovely place to eat!