“Don't plan on a good night's sleep”

Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Aberdeen
Reviewed April 25, 2013

The A/C system in this place has a mind of its own. At midnight it started producing a horrific sound that did not quit for a half hour, even when turned off. The only suggestion from the desk was to change rooms, at midnight!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
1  Thank Michael S
Andy F, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Dear Michael S
Thank you for your feedback. I’m so sorry you experienced some noise with your air conditioning unit during your stay. Our maintenance staff works diligently to keep them in excellent condition and we are sorry to hear you didn't experience that.
Hilton Garden Inn offers a 100% satisfaction guarantee and I've begun to process yours.
Please consider staying with us again the next time you are in the area. We’d love to make your stay with us the best hotel experience you've ever had.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

We had not stayed a HGI in a number of years not having been pleased in the past. We stayed here only because it was recommended by the function and was were the others were staying. Weren't we in for a surprise! The place was a gem. We are so glad we stayed. The room was spacious, comfortable, nicely appointed and very CLEAN. The support staff were available, courteous and helpful. The lobby was attractive with a nice fire place. We were there only over night and did not check out the pool, business service nor breakfast. It was very close to a local shopping center and typical restaurants.
Overall we felt it was good value for the money paid.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Andy F, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Hello YRHips
So nice of you to share your observations and experience with the TA community, thank you! Unsolicited comments are the most accurate and we all appreciate your time in writing them.
Thanks again-

Reviewed March 28, 2013

Aberdeen Hilton Garden Inn reinforced my belief in choosing this hotel chain. We had an unplanned stop and booked as a walk in. I did not have my Hilton Honors membership number available but the front desk staff helped me find a reduced rate using my AAA membership. Please note that this rate did not include breakfast. They feature beds that allow you to adjust the firmness or softness of the mattresses but I personally didn't see any value in this. The room and facilities were clean and excellent. In the morning, I was surprised to find coupons delivered to my room for a free cook to order breakfast for my family of 3. They normally charge $10.99 each for this breakfast. There are plenty of restaurant choices nearby making this an excellent place to stop for the night or spend time during a business trip. The staff gets high marks from me and I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Andy F, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2013

Hello Barbara Z
Thank you for choosing to stay with us; and for sharing your very positive experience with the TA community! Word of mouth advertising on the internet cant be bought so your post was delightful to see. Hoping the remainder of your ride was uneventful.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

My wife and I were staying at this facility for a 3 day weekend on family-related business. The stay couldn't have been more pleasant, from the first Hello at check-in to the several Travel safes we got at check-out. Each staff member went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable and comfortable, and the rooms and beds were like being at home.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Andy F, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2013

Hello Andrew K
Such nice comments are wonderful to share! Thank you for taking the time to post them for all to see.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel many times. The staff is very competent and provides excellent support and help. I consider this place my home away from home. From the check in counter, restaurant, fitness center, room cleanliness, business center. I have always had a better than expected experience.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Hello william s
Thank you for taking a moment to write such a kind post for the TA community to see; its appreciated. i will definately share with the staff-they love to hear comments such as yours.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

It's centrally located, clean and perfect for a city trip. We stayed there for 2 nights, had a parking space but didn't book breakfast. Anyways, the staff was very friendly and there was nothing I could complain. Very recommendable!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Andy F, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Hello comeonanyname
I appreciate the fact that you took a few minutes to share your experience at my hotel with the Trip Advisor worldwide community; thank you!
So glad we more than met your expectations.
Happy Travels-

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed for just one night after a very long day on the road. We didn't arrive until 11pm but we were greeted by a very friendly front desk person. I am a gold member and got two bottles of water which were appreciated, there were some snacks in the room as well. The room was well equipped, everything worked well, bed was to my liking and it was quiet. Got a great night's sleep and breakfast the next day was excellent. We both had omelets which were well prepared and well presented. Everyone from the housekeeping staff to the breakfast crew were consisted friendly and helpful. After a terrible stay at another Hilton property in Florida this was a welcome change. This is one of the best HGI stays I've had in recent years. Certainly in the top five. Not sure when we will be passing through again but if we are nearby this place is number one on my list.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Andy F, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Hello Ed T
Thank you for taking a moment to share your recent experience with the Trip Advisor community. Its important for the village to hear of all experiences and of course, unbiased, from an ordinary guest who happened to be passing through the area.
We're thrilled that we met your expectation and hope to see you again on your return trip.
Safe travels!
Andy

Also consider these accommodations in or near Aberdeen
Holiday Inn Express Aberdeen - Chesapeake House
Home2 Suites by Hilton Baltimore Aberdeen
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#7 of 16 in Aberdeen
Courtyard Aberdeen at Ripken Stadium
Hampton Inn & Suites Edgewood/Aberdeen-South
Residence Inn Aberdeen at Ripken Stadium

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen? Share your experiences!