“Fantastic hotel and staff. I recommend this hotel very highly”

Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Aberdeen
Reviewed February 27, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel many times. The staff is very competent and provides excellent support and help. I consider this place my home away from home. From the check in counter, restaurant, fitness center, room cleanliness, business center. I have always had a better than expected experience.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Andy F, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2013

Hello william s
Thank you for taking a moment to write such a kind post for the TA community to see; its appreciated. i will definately share with the staff-they love to hear comments such as yours.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen

Reviewed February 26, 2013

It's centrally located, clean and perfect for a city trip. We stayed there for 2 nights, had a parking space but didn't book breakfast. Anyways, the staff was very friendly and there was nothing I could complain. Very recommendable!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Andy F, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Hello comeonanyname
I appreciate the fact that you took a few minutes to share your experience at my hotel with the Trip Advisor worldwide community; thank you!
So glad we more than met your expectations.
Happy Travels-

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed for just one night after a very long day on the road. We didn't arrive until 11pm but we were greeted by a very friendly front desk person. I am a gold member and got two bottles of water which were appreciated, there were some snacks in the room as well. The room was well equipped, everything worked well, bed was to my liking and it was quiet. Got a great night's sleep and breakfast the next day was excellent. We both had omelets which were well prepared and well presented. Everyone from the housekeeping staff to the breakfast crew were consisted friendly and helpful. After a terrible stay at another Hilton property in Florida this was a welcome change. This is one of the best HGI stays I've had in recent years. Certainly in the top five. Not sure when we will be passing through again but if we are nearby this place is number one on my list.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Andy F, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Hello Ed T
Thank you for taking a moment to share your recent experience with the Trip Advisor community. Its important for the village to hear of all experiences and of course, unbiased, from an ordinary guest who happened to be passing through the area.
We're thrilled that we met your expectation and hope to see you again on your return trip.
Safe travels!

Reviewed February 24, 2013

We stayed one night at the Hilton Garden Inn. The staff was very pleasant, the rooms large and nice. We were part of a group staying there and several of us noticed that our rooms smelled musty, almost moldy. The bathroom had not been cleaned well and needed new grouting or at least a thorough cleaning of the grouting.
It is a shame that they don't include breakfast with the room charge; $10.95 is steep for a light breakfast yet that is their charge ($6.95 for young children). We brought in bagels, juice and fruit and ate in the room.
All in all, a nice hotel that can be improved upon.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Margaret M
Andy F, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Hello Margaret M
Thank you for taking a moment to post this comment in Trip Advisor.
I'd like to address your comments personally, and to ask you for more information regarding your stay. If possible, could you please contact me directly at the hotel?
Thanks,
410.272.1777

Reviewed February 23, 2013

I rented the room as a surprise for my husband on Valentines Day. I rented the last smoking room I usually don't stay in smoking rooms. I am a very light smoker but didn't want to take time away from our night so I rented this room. I check in go to my room to find peanuts on the floor & the bathroom was full of hair, I cleaned the bathroom & didn't worry about the peanuts & the dust in the room the room had a thick layer of dust on lamps, fridge, etc. Keep in mind we left behind 4 teenagers & we don't get time alone, so we weren't letting anything ruin our night & didn't. Could u imagine my husband arrives & he is greeted with his wife moving rooms or hotel staff cleaning ours. This was a surprise to my husband. I chose the Hilton Inn because my husband travels a lot with work & is a honorary Hilton Member. I got a 20% discount on our room which was my husbands military discount for his 21 years of serves. We had this thrown back in our face, we do not feel they gave us anything my husband earned this & as a proud military family we do not eat or stay anywhere that does not honor their military. In the morning we checked out & left, my husband off to work & me I had oral surgery that has left me hard to understand. We realized later we had left our ipad/ iPhone chargers($30.00) a piece. It's not there obligation to contact u & u can call they won't return calls. I got a survey in my email a few days later & my husband & I got reprimanded for not telling them about our problems then & there, Ms Chang was not hearing my husband we didn't complain because we didn't want to ruin our night together alone. All we wanted was our chargers after our reviews we get an email our chargers were found, but Ms Chang aka MJ assistant manger was very rude, very judge mental just like the night my husband came to join me. When I called the front desk to say my husband was joining me please give him a key I was told my 41 year old husband "BETTER" have his ID. Keep in mind they sent there survey to our email just to fill it out accordingly to get back ugliness so if your looking for a clean room, a non stressful stay, attentive staff DO NOT STAY HERE! Worse Hilton ever!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Hello Joe S.
We are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. We sincerely apologize for all of the issues you and your husband experienced while staying with us. We want you to know that we have addressed our entire team in regards to your review, and the necessary changes have been made. Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

Stayed one night and the evening checkin supervisor was very nice and friendly. I was in a nice room, clean. Typical HGI. The lobby is undergoing some renovation but nothing that appeared to intrusive. They have a lively happy hour with complimentary items for guests. That was a nice touch not seen at others. As a diamond member I received a nice bag with Gatorade and snacks in my room already. The issue for me as a business traveler was the night I was there the internet was so slow it was unresponsive and unusable. When I called down to the front desk I was told there seemed to be a problem and that nobody would be available until the next day when a technician would be coming out. While handled professionally the only thing that was offered for the lack of internet was an appetizer from the restaurant. I am not even sure of the next time I will be at this HGI. I have stayed there in the past.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank caribecouple2010

Hello caribecouple2010
Thank you for taking a moment to post some comments on Trip Advisor.
We are aware of the internet issue and working with the local suppliers to address the issue. The contracts are signed between all parties and the bandwidth/speed issue should be resolved shortly.
As a Diamond tier HHonors member we do value your patronage. Please contact me personally to address the issue further.
Sorry for this inconvenience.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

I needed a location for family to meet up for dinner and Aberdeen is a bit off the beaten path. This Hilton provided all of the amenities that would have been found in Baltimore at a quiet pace. The location is great - right off of I-95 and a turn to the second right. This is on RT22 leading into Aberdeen 22 Gate and easier than having family have to come on post prior to dinner plans. A quick fun lunch was the Little Ceasers Pizza that is walking distance from the hotel. Plenty of restaurants as well as in hotel restaurant. The breakfast was great, they make supreme omelets.

Room Tip: Suite 412 is facing away from incoming cars and I liked the seperate living area for greeting guests...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Andy F, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2013

Hello RWW197
Great to read your review; thanks so much for posting. Others have commented as you did; we're close to everything (closest hotel to APG) and several restaurants nearby; certainly within waklking distance. I love Olive Tree. Have you tried their crabcakes?
Thanks again for sharing your experience!!
Andy

Also consider these accommodations in or near Aberdeen
Holiday Inn Express Aberdeen - Chesapeake House
Courtyard Aberdeen at Ripken Stadium
Red Roof Inn - Aberdeen
Red Roof Inn - Aberdeen
#7 of 16 in Aberdeen
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bel Air East at I-95 Riverside (Aberdeen)

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen? Share your experiences!