“Once again, a pleasant stay”

Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Aberdeen
Willow Grove, Pennsylvania
“Once again, a pleasant stay”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Wife and I stayed over one night after a Christmas Party in nearby Havre de Grace. Have stayed here a couple of times before. Check-in was prompt and very pleasant for this Hilton Honors member. Room was quite clean though the heat was a bit slow to come up to temperature. Hotel clean throughout and outside. Building is far enough off the main road to stifle most traffic noise.

We were offerred complimentary breakfasts, but chose not to partake.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank chas501
Andy F, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Hello chas501
Thank you for choosing to stay with us again! Glad we could provide the peace and quiet you were looking for. Hope to see you again very soon!
We appreciate you sharing these comments with the TA community.
Andy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Recently stayed for the weekend in a twin room with my sister and the hotel was fantastic! The service was impeccable, from reception, to the bar and room service. The room was lovely and a lot more spacious than I had expected. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Andy F, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Hello Polli K
Very kind of you to post this for us; the staff really does try hard, and I will certainly share your comments with them. More importantly, we're very happy that you took the time to share your review on TA. Millions of folks look to this site for unbiased hotel reviews, and were proud of ours!
Thank you for sharing.
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed November 26, 2012

We stayed in the handicap accessible room with one King Bed. The layout of the room was by far the most generous and inelligent of any similarly-priced hotels we have used. Lots of room for the wheelchair to maneuver and not feel cramped. The hotel staff were very attentive to our needs. We requested an additional shower stool and it came in a few minutes. The desk staff doted on my wife (the one in the wheelchair) and anticipated her needs for water, coffee, and the little things that made the experience so pleasant. This definitely has become our preferred hotel in the area.

Room Tip: The room description on the hotel website was accurate.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Hello ChayimYankl;
Your comments really mean alot to us. Thank you so much for posting them for the TA community to see. We try to anticipate needs so that our guests can just relax and take care of whatever brings them to our hotel.
Hope to see you again very soon-
New York
Reviewed November 12, 2012

My brother and I stayed at this hotel as we had a race in Darlington, MD (~20 minutes away). We chose this hotel because of the ratings online and the relative proximity to the race site.

The reasons why I rated this hotel 5 stars is because:
1) Service: from the woman who checked us in after midnight, to the wait staff at breakfast, to the women who checked us out...everybody was professional and extremely friendly
2) Free Wi-fi: Huge plus in my book. I cannot stand places that charge for wi-fi, so this obviously gets a check in my book
3) Good Breakfast: although not included in the room price, it's pretty much unlimited and good selection. you get your choices of omelets, waffles, pancakes, bagels, etc. We got our money's worth. If you don't feel like eating at the hotel, there is a Panera Bread close by where we got sandwiches at
4) Clean: Rooms and lobby were very clean and updated. Also included mini-fridge and microwave (if i remember correctly). No problems

The only thing I would say be aware of is the parking. As mentioned, we arrived after midnight and the lot was getting full. However, by the time we left at ~Noon (checkout time), it was empty. I did notice a scratch (paint missing) on my bumper that wasn't there before, but clearly not the hotel's fault. Some people need to learn to drive and own up hitting people's cars instead of driving off like nothing happened.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank arfchin
Andy F, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Hello arfchin
Your thorough review of my hotel is apreciated; thank you for taking time to share. Yes, you did remember correctly, both a microwave and refrigerator are in every room; along with a laptop size safe, HDTV channels, and a Garden Sleep System bed. Hope you enjoyed yours!!
Thanks again, Andy
Reviewed November 9, 2012

I wrote a review earlier in 2012 that rated this location low. I am a frequent Hilton customer as I a a Diamond member. I stayed at this location again in Sep of 2012 and am happy to report my stay was fantastic. I've never had a problem with the staff but they all greeted me with smiles and went out of their way to ensure my needs were met. The dinning room staff was excellent and always attentive. One reason I downgraded on my last stay was due to fire alarm testing at 7am. Manager responded to my review that it was supposed to be silent. Reasonable explanation but still shouldn't have happened. I only hope they have gained experience from that because this hotel is very good and would be a shame to harm its own reputation through faulty alarms. The maid service was excellent and I found my room spotless every day. I will stay here again on my trips and put the past behind me.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Andy F, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Hello Colorado_719
Thank you; so our 2nd chance paid off. I'm thrilled to be able to share this note with our staff later this morning! Thank you so much for re-posting to the TA community.
Please introduce yourself to me during your next visit.
We appreciate your patronage; thanks again.
Yardley, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I have been to Aberdeen at least a half dozen times for my son's baseball tournaments, and have stayed at all of the nearby properties. By far, the Hilton Garden Inn is the best. La Quinta is a dump, Holiday Inn is ok, but this Hilton Garden Inn does an AWESOME job, especially given the fact that there are packs of 8-13 year old boys running around all the time. Every single member of the staff was extremely friendly and helpful, from the time we checked in to the time we left. It's the ONLY place I will stay when I am there. Congratulations to all the staff on a job well done!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Andy F, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Hello farcry2112
Thank you for helping us to spread the word throughout the TA community. We appreciate your patronage and also you telling the world about your visit with us.
Please introduce yourself to me the next time you are in the hotel; love to say hello personally.
Thanks again,
PS: I am from Newtown PA
New Hampshire
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Driving North last Thursday from Myrtle Beach to New Hampshire, just after Hurricane Sandy, we wanted to get as close to home as possible the first day. After passing literally hundreds of power company trucks from as far away as Florida, Asplundh trucks from 5 states, Red Cross vehicles and tractor trailer loads of generators, we decided to stop before New Jersey just in case, wise choice. We found out that we were lucky to get a room, people from New jersey were already staying at the hotel, as were power company employees from Georgia Power, BTW thanks guys for all your hard work, nice meeting and talking with you. This hotel is like an oasis. I prefer staying at hotels that have a restaurant & bar, and both were exceptional. Enjoyed the steak salad (I see someone else did too), perfect compliment of flavors served quickly, and the waitress was exceptional, friendly & helped us do origami napkins :-) to pass the time, hope you don't get in trouble for that one... All of the professional staff that we encountered were friendly, courteous and helpful. As we travel from the Keys and other locations during the year, this hotel is now GPS programmed for a regular stay. We thank you and keep up the excellent work!!

Room Tip: We only saw one and it was great, clean spacious & inviting.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Andy F, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Hello Castawy
We are now back in the usual business mode; what a week that was! If you had to be "stranded" someplace, the least we could do was make the most of it with each other.
The staff really does try hard; and it is rewarding to be able to share comments such as yours, with them.
Thank you for taking a moment to share them with us, and the TA community.
Andy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aberdeen
Holiday Inn Express Aberdeen - Chesapeake House
Courtyard Aberdeen at Ripken Stadium
Red Roof Inn - Aberdeen
Red Roof Inn - Aberdeen
#4 of 16 in Aberdeen
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bel Air East at I-95 Riverside (Aberdeen)

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen? Share your experiences!