“As Expected”

Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Aberdeen
Katy, Texas
“As Expected”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2012

Hotel was expected. Nicer than Homewood Suites and Country Inn as for as bed, amenities, etc., with better overall facilities. No issues with bandwidth on free internet access. Front desk was very friendly and helpful.

My only complaints:

1. Breakfast (at least with type of reservation) was not free; it was around $10. I did not try it but it looked good.
2. There is a bar/area to get dinner. On Sunday night (my 1st night) I bought two cans of Heineken to take to my room. It cost me over $11. Later in the week, quest for curiosity I checked out a liquor store about a 5 minute walk away. A six pack of Heineken was $8. I know hotels are expensive, but this seemed excessive.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank KeninAustin
, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen, responded to this review, July 10, 2012
Hello KeninAustin
Thank you for taking a moment to write a brief overview of your stay. Yes, I have to agree, the pricing does seem high compared to a package store, but after all, we operate a hotel bar and incur higher costs to start with. if you come in again I will be happy to buy you a round so please let me know.
At any rate, thank you for your business; its appreciated!
Andy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2012

The rooms are your typical HGI rooms, which is to say, clean, comfortable and quiet. The lobby is inviting and common areas are clean. The area has a great many restaurants and shopping facilities.

Where this hotel FAILS is in their terrible customer service. We stayed only one night and the hotel appeared to be very full. There was only one working elevator which meant long waits to get to our 6th floor room. Then at 7:30am the fire alarms started going off, then stopped and then started again several times. The doors to the elevators locked and you could not find them. The only working elevator was innodated with workers and required an even longer wait. All of this I could forgive because when you travel unexpected things happen. However, the staff had a very poor attitude. I never heard an explanation or an "I'm sorry"

Then we went to breakfast. It was not crowded. We ordered, and sat and sat, listening to other complaints and watching the kitchen guys standing around laughing and chatting. We received an order that was not ours. In fact no one claimed that order. I went to the cooking area and asked about our meal. The cooks claimed they never received an order to witt the waitress started argung with the cooks. I ended up leaving, having wasted 45 minutes and not receiving the breakfast. I spoke to the front desk to point out the problem and my extreme dissatisfaction because the breakfast was part of our package. The woman told me that the manager was aware of the problem. She never even said "I"m sorry" only that the manager was aware of the problem. We checked out never receiving breakfast or any explantion.

The hotel may look nice but when you do not get what you pay for and there appears to be no comment other than the manager is aware of the problem, I'd book elsewhere.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank faithlavin
, Owner at Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen, responded to this review, June 28, 2012
Hello faithlavin
Yes, you are right, this was one of those unexpected days. I am terribly sorry for your frustartions. There is no excuse.
May be a bit little, and certainly too late, although I would like to extend our 100% guarantee to you. I will credit the cost of your 1 night stay however I need you to contact me directly with your full name and stay information. I will be here today and tomorrow and on vacation then until July 9.
I assure you that I will not tolerate anything less from the staff and have addressed these issues with them, and with our engineers.
Please give us another chance when you are in the area.
In hospitality,
Santa Fe, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2012

This Hilton garden inn should be the benchmark for the hotel chain. Very, very clean with modern furnishings in the lobby, corridors and rooms. The lobby is large and spacious, great breakfast service and the rooms are really comfortable and well appointed. Great selection of pillows(soft, full, hard, etc).
The staff are very attentive and professional
If you are in this area it's definitely the pick for a hotel. Highly recommended

• Stayed June 2012
, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen, responded to this review, June 25, 2012
Hello Archietew
Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind post.
Hope to see you again very soon. Safe travels!
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2012

Recently stayed and was dissapointed. Nothing wrong with the room as I always find them clean and comfortable. I was dissapointed in the breakfast for a number of reasons. The staff was not very attentive. I had to ask twice for tea and the second time was as if the waitress heard it for the first time. Eh also had fire alarms going off three separate times with the manager walking around to the tables apologizing for the test. Pretty poor to run tests at 730am for those guest who were still sleeping and those trying to enjoy their breakfast. Overall I just found the service less than what I'm used to with HGI even this particular location as it wasn't the first time I stayed there. I'm hoping my next visit will. He better or it will be my last

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Good morning Colorado_719
I'm sorry for your less then perfect experience while in my hotel. You are right, the alarms should not have went off. This was a scheduled test in which the bells were not set to ring. However they did; human error was a factor and I am sorry.
You mention that you are coming back, please let me know when so that I can ensure a positive breakfast experience, in which I will assume your cost.
Thank you for your comments; I'm sorry they were not more positive.
Baltimore
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2012

My sister is getting married on 5/12 near the Hilton Garden Inn. There are several out of town guests and many in-town guests staying at this hotel as well because the venue is far from our homes.

We called the hotel and told them we have a special request- please allow us to check in early because the wedding party needs to be ready by 4:30PM for pictures. THEY REFUSED TO ACCOMODATE US. They continuously stated we can POSSIBLY check in IF there is a room available. It would be very hard to tell the make-up artist, hair dresser, photographer, venue, and all 300 guests that the wedding may have to start late because the hotel is unwilling to offer a bride to be an early check in.

I find this is extreme bad taste. I asked to speak with the manager and he wasn't available. I've left a message without a return call. Absolutely awful customer service.

I even offered to purchase another room for the day before if they could grant us a late checkout... this too was declined. They said we would have to check out at 12pm and couldn't check into my sister’s room until 2-3PM at the earliest.

I travel often for a large multi-million dollar company and have stayed at many Hiltons- as well as my co-workers... I will make sure I advise them all to stay away going forward.

I am not looking for another hotel in the area to accommodate us.

Thank you, Hilton Aberdeen for spoiling a very special day.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Kbuzz
Andy F, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen, responded to this review, May 7, 2012
Hello Kbuzz
Please call me directly to discuss your comments in detail. I am always available.
Thanks,
Grande Prairie, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

We stayed here for one night, as a family of four. The staff was excellent; super service and very friendly! The rooms were wonderful, as was the food we ordered up late evening. I was a little uneasy as to how the food would be, considering they asked how my husband wanted his burger done (rare, well done, etc) and I know for a fact that ground beef should always be well done. However, we told them he wanted it well done... and it was. All of the food was very delicious!
We had breakfast downstairs the next morning, and since we all just had toast, muffins, and fruit- we were only charged for one plate which was very nice (rather than paying $15 a plate). ;)
All in all, a wonderful place to stay at and would definately stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Andy F, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen, responded to this review, April 24, 2012
Hello marjaydtt
Thank you for your time in posting a review of my hotel. We appreciate your business! I'll also be sure to pass on your comments to our F/B team, they earned it....
sCOTLAND
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2012

We stayed one night in the Garden Inn and found the staff very professional and extremely pleasant the room was good the beds were wonderful as was the shower and overall we had a very nice stay and will come back if we are in Aberdeen again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Hello cALEF
So nice to read your review; thank you for taking the time to post!. I am the new GM here, just started yesterday(!) and wondered what our reviews had to say. It was a pleasure to read yours.
Thanks again for choosing to stay here, its appreciated!
Andy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aberdeen
Holiday Inn Express Aberdeen - Chesapeake House
Home2 Suites by Hilton Baltimore Aberdeen
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#8 of 16 in Aberdeen
Courtyard Aberdeen at Ripken Stadium
Residence Inn Aberdeen at Ripken Stadium
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Bel Air East at I-95 Riverside (Aberdeen)

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Aberdeen? Share your experiences!