“Baseball-sized Crab Cakes”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed June 17, 2013

This is the kind of place that just keeps getting better while you are there. Simple storefront in a strip mall, but unique tables and decorations inside. Everyone's meals looked huge and we weren't disappointed. I had the fresh stuffed soft-shell crab and hubby had the double crab cake meal. It was AMAZING! No room left, but dessert is included (yay!) so we got the oreo brownies to-go. The Italian dishes all looked tremendous and everyone was taking to-go boxes.

There are newer reviews for Mamie's Cafe

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Went here on a whim for Father's Day. Had read very positive reviews and had high expectations. Seated at a table that had smeared butter on the floor beneath my chair. Had to ask our waitress twice for napkins to wipe it up myself.

Ordered the calamari which was good, especially the tomato sauce.

My husband ordered Italian Stuffed Shells and said they were good.

I ordered one of Marie's favorites - Rainbow Trout stuffed with Crab. When it was served, the trout looked like it had been rolled up like a log. Not the most attractive presentation. It was just okay.

We'll give it another chance on a future visit, but on this trip it was just so-so.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

If you like food that is fried or has gravy on it, this is your place.
If you like LOTS of food, this is your place.
If you like the feeling of eating in your grandmother's kitchen, this is your place.
If you like Christmas decorations all year long, this is your place.
If you like having a basket of butter packets on your table, this is your place.
If you like getting a free dessert with every meal, this is your place.

I guess this is just not my kind of place.

2  Thank watsac
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Large menu with huge portions.
I had chicken parm and it took the whole plate.
My wife had a chef salad and needed another plate just to mix the dressing with the salad.
Reasonable prices too.
One of the best restaurants we encountered on our recent 21 day road trip/
Don't miss this one.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

The food was excellent, and tasted like home cooking the way your mother or grandmother would prepare it. The servers were friendly and attentive. The decor resembled an old fashioned home setting, and was quaint. However, the tables and chairs are squeezed together so tightly that there is barely any room to move, and you are very close to everyone. If you can put up being crammed in with a lot of people, this is a good place to dine. I personally need my space, and would not go back.

1  Thank wattatrip