“Always satisfies”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I love the nostalgic feel of Mamies. You will never be bored while dining there because there is so much to look at along the walls. I've dined here several times mostly for lunch but on Easter Sunday I was stumped at where to take my family who were visiting. I choose Maimie's and it was a home run with the family of very picky eaters. My Mom had twin lobster tails stuffed with Crab Meat, my Dad the Seafood Alftredo special which was loaded with lump crap, scallops, shrimp and mussels. My brother had a veal dish and I opted for a nice beef burgendy dish. Their were many people assembled outside so we assumed we had a wait but no we were seated right away. Our order was taken very quickly, drinks, bread and salad were served immediately. The wait for the main course took a little longer but it was worth it because all of the food is home made and it was Easter Sunday. As busy as they were the owner and her son took time to personally talk to us. Needless to say nobody could finish their meal and everyone took their dessert home. There were several home made cakes and pies + their rice pudding to choose from. I think it is a no brainer where they will want to go when they return to visit.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

Excellent cream of crab soup, lots of crab, served hot from the kitchen. Six of us for a family get together. Menu filled with many selections. Mine was Mamie's Favorite, shrimp salad and a crab cake on a triple decker club style sanwich. Portion size was a good value for the price. Very attentive staff refills were offered not hunted down by thirsty diners. It is in store front in a shopping center, they said it was transplanted from Hamden, sure looked like it. Great food, excellent service and quality staff, a bit of a ride from Baltimore - but well worth the trip!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I went to Mamie's based off of the reviews here and colleague recommendations. It felt nice walking in the door since it is decorated like a grandmother's house might be. Christmas decorations were mixed in with Valentine's day and St. Patrick's day stuff too...which is odd. I got a cheese steak sub and was disappointed that the cheese wasn't mixed in like I am used to. It was kind of pricey for essentially a sub, but it did come with dessert. I got a brownie for that and it was pretty good with crumbled oreos on top. I'd try somewhere else before Mamie's, but you can see for yourself. Maybe I had higher than usual expectations due to the fact it was #1 on here.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

I would not recommend this place at all. It takes too long to get your food and very poor service. Not kid friendly at all. The manager said to my wife and I not to be rude but your children should not be climbing on the furniture. My children were not climbing my son has to use his knee to get up in a chair. Very disappointed!

2  Thank John F
Reviewed March 19, 2013

This restaurant is really incredible. The food was delicious (Italian entrees were especially nice), the portions were large, dessert is free, and the prices are reasonable. The staff is extremely accomodating (there were 11 of us with no reservation on a Saturday night and they seated us within 15 minutes). The decor is quirky and interesting. This restaurant really is the perfect package.