“Hair in my bed, Halifax, NS”
Review of Super 8 Augusta

Super 8 Augusta
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Augusta
Reviewed September 7, 2013

I chose this hotel b/c I have stayed at other Super 8's and they were fine. Not this one! First there was a hair in my bed, the chair in out room looked like every form of liquid/gel had been mushed into it, and non-smoking it was not. I had to place a blanket at the bottom of the door frame b/c the smell of smoke was wafting in all night long. Not worth the money we paid and I am letting everyone I know in NS & NB to NEVER stay at this disgusting hotel.

PS- the beds are hard as rocks!

Reviewed September 4, 2013

I like the location of the hotel, but it needs to be renovated. The price is high for the smell of smoke in the hallways and the dirty furniture that I experienced.
Sorry but that is what my experience was.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I checked the prices of the area hotels and the Super 8 was a very good stay at a reasonable price. I would have liked to pay less but in Augusta, the only hotel cheaper was the Motel 6 across the road and that was not good last year. The hotel and room were clean and there was a continental breakfast every morning in the lobby area. The staff were very polite and helpful. I had a hot water problem that was resolved within 5 minutes. There were a couple of stains on the chairs but for the money I felt it was reasonable. Wifi signal was strong.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

Is a nice half way rest stop between Toronto and the Maritimes which a lot of people travel especially with the fall colour cavalcade of colours to start within a few weeks.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

This Super 8 would do in a pinch, but we will be choosing a different hotel (there are plenty to choose from) next time we are in the area. Coming from a very "low maintenance" couple, we were pretty disappointed.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 22, 2013

1  Thank Eliahu S
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Stayed here one night with my daughter, niece and sister. We were glad to be staying only one night. Needs attention inside and out. Main thing is the beds were clean, as well as the bathroom. Sadly, the attention to detail in keeping a hotel room clean just was not there. Dust everywhere, stains on walls, dead flies in windows, dirty carpets in room and hallways,stale cigarette smells, worn out blankets, dingy towels, only one bar of soap and one bottle of shampoo,burned out lightbulbs, the list goes on and on. When we checked in and walked to our doorway, we were greeted with a pair of men's boxer shorts on the floor! The outside is uninviting, weeds, burned out light fixtures on the far right entrance, sad plastic furniture out front, broken windows--- Wow is all I can say about this place. We did not try the complimentary breakfast, we just wanted to get on the road to Portland. All in all, if you just want a place to sleep, it beats sleeping in your car!

1  Thank scotiangirl194
Also consider these accommodations in or near Augusta
Best Western Plus Augusta Civic Center Inn
Maple Hill Farm Inn and Conference Center
Hampton Inn Augusta
Hampton Inn Augusta
#2 of 9 in Augusta

Been to Super 8 Augusta? Share your experiences!