Best Western Plus Augusta Civic Center Inn
$125
$130
$126
Hotwire.com
Axell's Scandinavian Inn(Manchester)(Great Value!)
$110
$95
$131
$70
All reviewscivic centerattached restaurantfront deskroom was cleanhotel is locatedsmoking roomplace to staycontinental breakfasta great stayshopping tripshopping and restaurantsoutdoor pooleasy accessthe breakfast areaoff the highwaywafflescoffee maker
Reviewed November 17, 2013

If you have reason to be going to the Civic Center and need an overnight stay this one is tops. It is a short walk to the Center yet separated enough to give some space (and privacy) between the two. The accommodations were comfortable and nicely upgraded. The free breakfast was better than most (for ex - omelette with the makings) and the staff from intake clerk to housemaids made a point of being friendly and accommodating. Pricing was competitive. The WiFi did not work but then again I did not make the extra effort to try and get it connected. Location next to Market Place Shopping Center shopping across Civic Center Drive (Route 11) was also a plus. If you are going downtown though avoid taking Civic Center Drive to the east which was a rough, congested road through poor neighborhoods.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Belinda P, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Augusta Civic Center Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

Wshwindsong,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our property. Our proximity to the Civic Center as well as the Market Place is great for our guests as they do not have to travel far to enjoy some of the activities that Augusta has to offer.

I'm glad that you enjoyed our breakfast as it is one of our guest's favorite amenities. I also appreciate your feedback about our staff as they all work hard to provide our guests with a great experience while staying with us.

I wish we would have known about your internet connectivity challenges as we may have been able to help you get connected. Next time you stay with us we will make sure that you are able to get connected to our wi-fi network in your room!

Once again thank you for taking the time to review our property as we appreciate all guest comments. We hope to host you again soon.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

I don't know what has happened here, but I stayed here for business for 4 nights, and couldn't believe the changes, and for the worst! The first thing I noticed as I checked in, was the person behind the desk was more interested in talking to another person (who was a friend), than to checking me in. I actually stood there for a full 2 minutes waiting for them to finish talking about clothing sales and shoes.....the second thing was the terrible smell of cigarette smoke in every hallway on my way to the room. (I called and reported it immediately); the third thing was the wi-fi wasn't working, and when I called, they said it had gone out the week before and were waiting for a part to fix it. But the two computers in the business center were still connected and OK. Since I am in the IT business, I offered to check it out for free (if the wired is working, it is usually a router or something simple), but was told thank, but no thanks...with no time frame of getting the wi-fi back up. The final straw was when every single day I had to go get a new key card to get into the room. It seems that many others had to do the same thing. (I spoke with one gentleman and he had to go three times in one day to get a new key card). It is too bad, because the parking for my large vehicle is so ideal here, and there is an awesome restaurant (Roosters) attached to the hotel (but it does close very early each night). I cannot say in good faith that I will be back.

Room Tip: The further away from the front desk, the poorer quality of wi-fi

788BillG,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property as we appreciate feedback from our guests. I am sorry that we were unable to meet your expectations. I hope that the next time that you are in Augusta you will give us the opportunity to serve you again as we may be able to provide accommodations that better meet your needs.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

Everything was wonderful. I stayed at 4 different hotels over a 2 week period and this was by far the best! The others were nice as well but overall this one ranked number one! Everyone was friendly. The room was comfortable. The bathroom was spacious and clean. Their breakfast room was under renovations but that did not make a difference. I was so happy with the quality of service that it made my time away from home and family less stressful. Thank you!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Heidi L,

I appreciate the time that you took to post a review about our property. I'm glad that we were able to relieve some stress for you while you were staying with us!

Thank you for your kind words about our staff as well. We take pride in our employees as they constantly strive to go above and beyond to meet and exceed our guest's expectations.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed November 11, 2013

Upon our arrival we were greeted by a friendly staff, our room was spotless and a warm temperature since it was a cold night in Maine. Thank you to Kathy, Mike and Linda for such a wonderful service. We stayed for six days, the staff went out of their way to meet our accommodations. We had breakfast on a daily basis and found everything to be fresh with many options to choose from and a cordial staff ready to meet our needs.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Carol P, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Augusta Civic Center Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. I will pass on your compliments to the staff. We work hard to ensure you have an enjoyable stay. We look forward to seeing you again when you are next in the Augusta ME area.

Reviewed November 8, 2013

Charged me $30 extra dollars on my debit card than my receipt, made me wait an hour to check in because my room wasn't clean even though I reserved it (this was at 5 pm), internet didn't work, tv had trouble...

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank Kelly B

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. We apologize that we did not meet your expectations. We strive daily to exceed our guests expectations. We hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you in the future.