In general, we quite enjoyed our stay. First, we greatly appreciate that we were able to travel with our small dog. Large parking lot, no issues with safety. The room was clean and very comfortable, the continental breakfast was quite good and offered decent variety of foods, including hardboiled eggs and yogurt. The daytime staff was extraordinary - very pleasant and helpful - the blonde woman helping to keep breakfast going was absolutely lovely, I wish I had caught her name! Everyone was gracious and attentive and greeted me with a smile every time.
I had two separate encounters with late evening staff that were a real turn-off, though. The first was after requesting a few extra towels for our room. I met the staffperson at our door because I knew a knock on the door would make the dog start barking, as dogs often do when someone knocks on a door - and when I made mention of that while accepting the towels, the response was odd and cold, something to the effect of "Oh, well, the dog isn't allowed to be loud, it has to be quiet to stay here." I honestly can't remember the exact phrasing, but it was really bizarre, and I felt a bit like I was being scolded --and I fumbled to explain that what I meant was "I met you here at the door to avoid any barking, because (duh) we don't want our dog to be a bother," but it was almost beside the point anyway. The whole interaction was just *weird.*
The second exchange occurred just now, after we arrived home and I found that my credit card appeared to have been charged $40 more than my receipt stated earlier in the day. Maybe just a hold on the card or something, but obviously I wanted to find out. So, called the desk to inquire. While I understand that evening staff may not have the same access or authority as a daytime manager, the person on the other end was just plain unhelpful- maybe even a bit rude- and left me feeling extremely unsettled as a credit card holder who had trusted the company with personal information, including a credit card number. Here's hoping my call first thing in the morning resolves the issue.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located adjacent to the Augusta Civic Center, 1/2 mile from I-95 and within three miles of the Augusta State Airport and the State of Maine Capital. If you're looking to get away from it all, this pet friendly hotel's location in the heart of Central Maine makes us an affordable and convenient starting point for hiking, biking, or ATVing adventures. In addition, our location offers ample camping or fishing outings and a myriad of other spring and summertime activities! Want to check out some Maine lakes? There are plenty of lakes and ponds nearby ripe with opportunities for boating, fishing, swimming, or even charter fishing! The Belgrade Lakes region is just a short drive away and it is alive with fun activities for all during the spring and summer months. For a top of the line golfing experience check out the Belgrade Lakes Country Club or the Augusta Country Club! Maine's largest open-air shopping center, The Marketplace at Augusta, is located just across the street! There are antiquing opportunities in nearby Hallowell, and the Freeport outlets are just 40 minutes away. Old Fort Western and the Maine State Museum are sure to provide hours of enjoyment. Leading health care providers such as the new Maine General Alfond Center for Health, the Togus VA, and the Harold Alfond Center for Cancer Care are just a short drive from the hotel. Enjoy our free hot continental breakfast as well as in room refrigerators and microwaves! Need to distress after a long day? Burn up some calories in our onsite fitness center or take a swim in our outdoor pool! We are located in close proximity with many major summer camps including Camp Laurel, Camp Androscoggin, Camp Cobbossee and many more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Best Western, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Plus Augusta Civic Center Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Civic Hotel Augusta
- Holiday Inn Augusta
- Augusta Holiday Inn
- Best Western Plus Augusta Civic Center Inn Maine