“Great stop for shopping trip.”

Best Western Plus Augusta Civic Center Inn
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Augusta
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Canadian girls shopping trip. Shopped in Bangor and continued on to Augusta and stayed the night at Best Western before heading to Freeport/Portland. Nice, clean hotel with reasonable rates. This was second time staying here, and this was the first time they offered continental breakfast which was a nice addition. Not as good as some of the other continental breakfasts we had but they explained they are in the process of upgrading their breakfast menu and facility. The location of this hotel is excellent, right off the exit and across the street from lots of shopping, Koh's, Walmart, and close to lots of places to eat. Would recommend this hotel and will return.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Marissa P, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Augusta Civic Center Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012

Thank you for your wonderful review of your stay with us! I'm glad you found our hotel to be clean, the location to be convenient, and the room to be at a reasonable rate. We are in the process of renovating our breakfast area and I hope you will take full advantage of these improvements upon your next visit. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to the Augusta area!

There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Augusta Civic Center Inn

Reviewed November 13, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for one night recently on a shopping trip. Staff were very friendly and accomodating. They honored the hotel coupon from the travel bureau and the room rate was very reasonable. Clean and continental breakfast had various selections. They plan to undergo some renos where the breakfast is served. Kathy was outstanding with lots of suggestions for shopping areas and friendliness. We will visit this hotel again!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Marissa P, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Augusta Civic Center Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2012

Thank you for taking time to review your stay with us! I'm pleased you enjoyed your stay, and found our staff to be both friendly and accommodating and the rate reasonable. I will let Kathy know you appreciated her excellent service! We are in the process of renovating our breakfast area, and you will be able to enjoy our hot, continental breakfast upon return to our hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed November 9, 2012

Not a bad hotel, but don't let the offer of free breakfast sway you! Honestly, I think this hotel would be better off not even serving breakfast. I hit an all new level of dissapointment when we showed up for the meal. They were out of just about everything they were offering, and there was only one attendant trying to keep up with a very limited supply of not so appetizing options, and as far as I can tell she had to traverse the entire 1st floor every time she made a trip. There were eggs, but they were round, like yellow pancakes, and obviously microwaved. There were also a couple of rubbery sausages. Theoretically, there would have been yougart, juice, pastries, and coffee... but they were all out. Even the complimentary coffee in the lobby was empty. There were some little boxes of cereal, but no milk.

Without exaggerating, it actually made me sad, and frustrated. And I wasn't the only one. Everyone in the room was upset, and it just kept getting worse.

Like I said, this hotel would have been better off not offering breakfast at all. I likely would have given it an average to good rating otherwise. The room was nice enough, although it still smelled like smoke for a non smoking room. The breakfast really sunk my battleship!

Room Tip: We didn't see an elevator, so if you have trouble with stairs, opt for a 1st floor room.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Marissa P, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Augusta Civic Center Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

We appreciate your feedback regarding your stay with us at the Best Western Plus Civic Center Inn. I would like to extend a sincere apology to you regarding your dissatisfaction with the breakfast selection, and limited service in the breakfast area. We are in the process of implementing improvements to our breakfast area, however the lack in availability of breakfast items and lack in service has been brought to the attention of both the General Manager and Executive Housekeeper as to prevent reoccurring incidents, and to help in the continual training of our staff to better serve our guests. I would also like to apologize about the smoke smell in your room and I have notified the Executive Housekeeper of your comments. Should you return to the Augusta area, we hope you will take advantage of the improvements to our breakfast area, and we will certainly place you away from the smoking area. Thank you for bringing these unsatisfactory circumstances to our attention as your comments, both positive and negative, are important to the success of our organization.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

I recently stayed at the Best Western in Augusta while visiting my dad to retreat from Hurricane Sandy and was treated amazing. It was exactly the escape in needed from NYC.
Every interaction with their staff was terrific esp Jess at the Front Desk and the room attendants. I received a welcome call after I checked in to see if i needed anything.
The hotel was clean and room was well appointed with large work area with wireless access, fridge, microwave and coffee maker area. The hotel is centrally located next to shops, restaurants and capital area.
While in the area I would also go to Red Barn for their seafood stew - delicious
I will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Marissa P, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Augusta Civic Center Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2012

Thank you for your wonderful review of your stay with us here at the Best Western Plus Civic Center Inn! I'm pleased we were able to accommodate you during Hurricane Sandy and that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay. I am glad that you found our rooms to be clean and to your satisfaction, and that you received such wonderful customer service, especially from Jess and the housekeeping staff! I will let them know how much you appreciated their hospitality. I'm glad you were able to take advantage of some of the restaurants, shops, and sights located near us, and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed November 9, 2012

i had a wonderful king size room, coffee maker , fridge microwave and flat screen tv. Nice full desk to work off - wi fi strong and steady - room was clean spacious and comfortable great mattress and plenty of pillows - i worked and relaxed :) excellent customer service and great quality room -- thanks!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us! I am glad that our rooms, amenities, and customer service exceeded your expectations and that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed November 4, 2012

I stay at this facility four nights week on business, so am very familiar with all the staff. The rooms are spacious and clean and comforable. The crew that is in charge of keeping the rooms looking so good do a spectacular job. Kathy, Tanya and Lori are super to deal with, and never complain- even when I bring my dog with me. They treat her just like a guest too!.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Marissa P, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Augusta Civic Center Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Thank you for your excellent review, and for spending so much time with us! We appreciate your loyalty, and are glad you choose to stay with us while in Augusta. I'm pleased you find our rooms to be clean, comfortable, and spacious, and I will let Kathy, Tanya, Lori, and the rest of our staff know how much you appreciate their wonderful service! We welcome pets of any size, and we're glad we can accomodate both you and your dog. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed November 4, 2012

My wife and I stayed overnight here in October 2012 and were very pleasantly surprised at both the excellent service and the quality of the room. They have just started offering breakfast (needs improving!) but everyone fell over themselves to be helpful and upbeat. The room was quiet (apart from a slight air conditioning noise) and well provided with kettle, microwave etc. The bed was v comfortable and the bathroom modern and spotless. Requests were answered v promptly and pleasantly. The manager came round at breakfast asking evryone if things could be improved!

Highly recommended.

Room Tip: No particular advice
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us here on TripAdvisor! We strive for excellent customer service and I'm pleased that you found our staff to be helpful, responsive and accomodating to your needs. We are in the process of renovating our breakfast room, and hopefully on your next trip to our hotel, you will be able to take full advantage of our hot continental breakfast. I will let the Executive Houskeeper know that you found the room to be clean and comfortable. Thank you again for taking the time to review your stay, and I hope you choose to stay with us again on your next travels through Augusta!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Augusta
Comfort Inn Civic Center
Senator Inn & Spa
#5 of 9 in Augusta
Fairfield Inn & Suites Augusta
Best Western Plus Waterville Grand Hotel

Been to Best Western Plus Augusta Civic Center Inn? Share your experiences!