“Great for business and personal travel”

Best Western Plus Augusta Civic Center Inn
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Augusta
GreenLeadersBronze level
Whiting, Maine
“Great for business and personal travel”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

i had a wonderful king size room, coffee maker , fridge microwave and flat screen tv. Nice full desk to work off - wi fi strong and steady - room was clean spacious and comfortable great mattress and plenty of pillows - i worked and relaxed :) excellent customer service and great quality room -- thanks!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Marissa P, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Augusta Civic Center Inn, responded to this review, November 10, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us! I am glad that our rooms, amenities, and customer service exceeded your expectations and that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Pittsfield NH
Reviewed November 4, 2012

I stay at this facility four nights week on business, so am very familiar with all the staff. The rooms are spacious and clean and comforable. The crew that is in charge of keeping the rooms looking so good do a spectacular job. Kathy, Tanya and Lori are super to deal with, and never complain- even when I bring my dog with me. They treat her just like a guest too!.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Marissa P, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Augusta Civic Center Inn, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Thank you for your excellent review, and for spending so much time with us! We appreciate your loyalty, and are glad you choose to stay with us while in Augusta. I'm pleased you find our rooms to be clean, comfortable, and spacious, and I will let Kathy, Tanya, Lori, and the rest of our staff know how much you appreciate their wonderful service! We welcome pets of any size, and we're glad we can accomodate both you and your dog. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Colchester
Reviewed November 4, 2012

My wife and I stayed overnight here in October 2012 and were very pleasantly surprised at both the excellent service and the quality of the room. They have just started offering breakfast (needs improving!) but everyone fell over themselves to be helpful and upbeat. The room was quiet (apart from a slight air conditioning noise) and well provided with kettle, microwave etc. The bed was v comfortable and the bathroom modern and spotless. Requests were answered v promptly and pleasantly. The manager came round at breakfast asking evryone if things could be improved!

Highly recommended.

Room Tip: No particular advice
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us here on TripAdvisor! We strive for excellent customer service and I'm pleased that you found our staff to be helpful, responsive and accomodating to your needs. We are in the process of renovating our breakfast room, and hopefully on your next trip to our hotel, you will be able to take full advantage of our hot continental breakfast. I will let the Executive Houskeeper know that you found the room to be clean and comfortable. Thank you again for taking the time to review your stay, and I hope you choose to stay with us again on your next travels through Augusta!
Danforth, Maine
Reviewed October 21, 2012

We stayed both Friday night and Sunday night. The ladies at the desk were extremely wonderful helpful , fun. and nice. I left several times to have a smoke outside, and each time was greeted with pleasant smiles and conversation. The rooms were clean, comfortable, and I loved the three way lighting. The cable tv was a little limiting for channels, but we rested well and had a good value . I will stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Marissa P, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Augusta Civic Center Inn, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Thank you for your wonderful review of your stay with us! I'm pleased that you received excellent customer service, and that the rooms were cleaned to your satisfaction. We are in the process of switching over service providers for our televisions, and I apologize that your stay was affected by those improvements. On your next visit to the hotel, you will be able to enjoy our expanded television channel selection. Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Prescott Valley, Arizona
Reviewed October 16, 2012

A little confusing on location since Community Drive is a large U-shaped drive in Augusta. We enjoyed our stay but frankly don't remember a lot of specifics at this point. Price was pretty good since it was peak tourist season in Maine.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank C P
Marissa P, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Augusta Civic Center Inn, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay of the Best Western Plus Civic Center Inn. I'm pleased that you found our price to be fair and am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again on your next travels to the Augusta area!
Bridgewater, Canada
Reviewed October 7, 2012

The staff were execellent and the accomodations were spot on at this Best Western. We found the location easily off the 95 and checking in was a breeze. The rooms were clean,layed out well and spacious. The bed was exceptionally confortable as well. There was a continental breakfast included in the price and this was okay but my understanding was that this will change and only get better due to the timing of our arrival and the upgrades already happening for this improvement. Great place to stay and only mins from any highway and most amenities where close.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Marissa P, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Augusta Civic Center Inn, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Thank you for your excellent review of your experience with us at the Best Western Plus Civic Center Inn. I am pleased that that you enjoyed your stay and that the location, accommodations, and service exceeded your expectations! We appreciate your feedback about our continental breakfast and are currently implementing those changes. We hope that, upon your next stay with us, you will be able to enjoy those improvements. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in the Augusta area.
Maine
Reviewed October 6, 2012

My boyfriend and I booked this room online. When we approached the front desk to check in, there were 3 people behind the desk. A young woman on the phone, and a middle aged man training another young woman. None of them looked up at us, in fact we stood there as they continued with whatever they were doing without even being acknowledged. Finally, the woman on the phone came looked up and said, "yes?" (Good afternoon to you, too, lady). We said we were checking in, and she started asking the questions to book us. We mentioned that we had booked online prior to arrival, and things just went downhill from there. After responding with an "ugh" and "greaaat" he looked at the man behind the desk with her, and said, "these people booked online or whatever, I don't know how to check them in now." she started shuffling through the desk papers, sighing, rolling her eyes, and finally pulled out our reservation printout. She was very snappy and seemed "bothered" that we booked online. After getting our keys, we got our bags and walked back in. We had no idea where to go, she never told us where the room was, so we took a right. Then the mean yelled "hey, excuse me! wrong way!" we turned around and he pointed towards a closed door, which was marked in no way as the way to go.

The rooms were clean. That's about all the was good about them. I jokingly mentioned to my boyfriends that it was like one of those micro hotels, because there were about 2 feet between the bed and the dresser/TV stand, and even the 2 of us had to wiggle around each other through the entire room.

At about 9pm, I went to the main lobby to get some of the complimentary coffee. It was ice cold. I tried to ask the staff in the nicest way possible if I could get hot coffee, and the same man responded, "well don't you have coffee in your room?" I said yes but there is no cream, etc. and I figured I could just grab it here since it was already made. He was very irritated that I was trying to get COMPLIMENTARY coffee, grabbed the cold pot, dumped it, and said "I suppose I can make more."

The next morning, we wanted to eat the breakfast offered there, but it didn't start until 7 and we had to leave shortly after. So we checked out, and I was so happy to see different faces, and hopefully different attitudes...nope! They were just as rude. No "good morning" or anything. Without even looking up, "checking out?" We waited for the breakfast to open...and waited, and waited. A little after 7, we walked out, and went on our way.

I work with the public. I know it can be frustrating. But I have NEVER stayed anywhere and felt so unwanted, and like such a bother. We were paying customers, and I felt like we were checking into jail. This stay was beyond unprofessional, inappropriate, and disturbing.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rin4298
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Best Western Plus Civic Center Inn. Guest satisfaction is of the upmost importance to us, and I apologize that your experience was less than satisfactory. The issues mentioned in your review are certainly not up to our service standards. I have addressed the items mentioned with the entire front desk staff to prevent reoccurring incidents and your comments will be used to further train the staff as well.
I'm pleased that you found our rooms to be clean, and have passed along your response to our Housekeeping Manager.
Thank you again for your feedback, as we look for both positive and negative comments in order to continually improve our guests' experiences. Should you choose to stay with us again, please contact me directly to make your reservation so that your next guest experience exceeds your customer service expectations.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Augusta
Comfort Inn Civic Center
Senator Inn & Spa
#5 of 9 in Augusta
Fairfield Inn & Suites Augusta
Best Western Plus Waterville Grand Hotel

Been to Best Western Plus Augusta Civic Center Inn? Share your experiences!