All reviewscivic centerattached restaurantfront deskroom was cleansmoking roomcontinental breakfasthotel is locatedshopping tripplace to stayoutdoor pooleasy accessoff the highwayshopping and restaurantswafflesthe breakfast areastaff was very friendlyfridge and microwave
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Stayed here on a Motel Coupon found at a visitor center. Was very surprised at what I got. for ~$70 I got 100x better than the crappy HoJo's I stayed at in Bangor.

This place was similar to what I expect from a Quality Inn. Just above the 'budget' category in the hotel chains.

I really liked the cleanilness, the staff, and the rooms. They was slightly smaller than usual but like I said, very clean.

I'd stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lurch1
Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

Thank you for your response on Tripadvisor about the Best Western Plus Civic Center Inn. As a member of the Best Western chain we do have standards that must be met, I know that our Head housekeeper takes those standards and adds on what she expects. I will make sure to let her know so she can show every housekeeper.

Reviewed July 1, 2012

Canadians on shopping trip to US. Booked this hotel for proximity to Bangor and Freeport and location to Augusta stores. Great location, close to interstate and local stores. Rooms were clean and no problems with check in, etc. No complimentary breakfast as most other hotels have but still a good deal over all. The one down side to our visit was that this is a pet friendly hotel and we had a small dog next door who barked for nearly 2 hours (10:30 - 12:30). Someone had obviously left the dog alone in the hotel room and as we were already unpacked and in bed for the night after a full day of shopping we did not wish to change rooms. Other than that unpleasant experience I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Canada7
Management response:Responded July 5, 2012

Thank you for your response on tripadvisor. I am sorry about the dog next door, we are a pet friendly hotel and do give written instructions to our guests with pets in which one of them is not to leave your dog alone in the room.
As you had mentioned we are in between Bangor and Freepor, we do own the Econo Lodge in Freeport in which your next trip down to the Augusta Area we would gladly make a reservation there for you as well as at our Augusta Best Western.

Reviewed July 1, 2012

Comfortable clean non smoking room. Not very large but very comfortable. Check in easy and quick.

• Stayed: July 2012
Management response:Responded July 5, 2012

Thank you for your response on Tripadvisor, at the front desk we know our guests are tired after traveling and want to get to there room as quickly as possible and we do our best to make that transition fast, accurate and enjoyable as possible.

Reviewed June 29, 2012

Easy off-on access from I-95. Staff here is welcoming and friendly. We had a free night at a Best Western of our choice after staying at five other BW while driving cross country. (Great promotion.) The room was fresh and well appointed with plenty of room to move around: flat screen television and free wi-fi, plus a free newspaper as an extra. The bathroom was clean and looked freshly redone. Decor was clean without a lot of frou-frou flowers everywhere. We had a quiet room facing the pool and garden area. Indoor hall access.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the highway.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Patricia L
Reviewed June 21, 2012

only stay at best western chain. haven't stayed here before so thought we'd try it. nice and clean hotel. staff is excellent. restaurant on site. really good food.. got a welcome bag at check in. contained water crackers candy and chocolate. for breakfast a take out bag with water muffin kashi bar and an apple. right off the highway and across the street from a mall.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded June 25, 2012

Marcia: Thank you for taking the time to post on Tripadvisor about the Best Western Plus Civic Center Inn. We hope you had a great stay and I hope the front desk staff answered alll your questions.