“Nice surprise”

Best Western Plus Augusta Civic Center Inn
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Augusta
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed December 4, 2011

We booked this as a Hotwire hot deal, but unlike the disastrous Baymount Inn, West Lebanon, NH, this was a winner.
Despite being practically on the interstate the rooms were quiet. They are very nicely furnished to a standard you'd expect of a 3-star. Staff were helpful and efficient even though this was an incredibly busy evening.
After a long day's drive we simply ate at the hotel restaurant, which had excellent pizzas. Panera's nearby for a good breakfast!
The only negative element was a very large and noisy tour group which left very early in the morning and did not care about the noise they made.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Augusta Civic Center Inn

Reviewed October 13, 2011

We booked a room at this location based on reviews and their amenities and were pleased with the result. We were greeted with smiling faces from the two young ladies at the desk. Check-in was a breeze. The room was comfortable and clean and we had a quiet overnight sleep. the room came with a fridge and a microwave as well as a flat screen TV something that wasn't present with our most recent stays in New Hampshire and California. The price was very reasonable, no breakfast but then that wasn't an issue with us.
The only issue we had was that we were on the ground floor and although the room was at the back of the motel the curtains did not cover the window. The only ones that did were the sheers meaning anyone outside could see everything going on in the room. We plan to address that with Best Western in a note to them.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 10, 2011

This hotel is located right off the I-95/ Hwy 27 interchange which makes it easily accessible for many of the things you might want to do in the Augusta area. The staff are friendly, helpful and very professional. The rooms are quiet, well designed, have good access to WiFi and soft, comfortable beds. Across Hwy 27 is a shopping mall and restaurants which is very handy. This was great find. Breakfast is not offered at this hotel, but each room does have a coffee maker, microwave and refrig.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed September 28, 2011

So spur of the moment- I decided to take my daughter to Augusta to see Lion King 3D. I booked this hotel through Priceline for 61.00 a night. Upon check-in the staff was very nice the gentleman that I dealt with- gave me a choice of king or double beds and didn't even charge extra - although I booked the rooms on Priceline. I was told about the business center where there are computers and printers. The room was large enough with a refrigerator and microwave. The bed was comfortable and plenty of space in the bathroom. Once again- I was traveling with my 5 year old daughter so more than one cartoon channel would have been nice. There is only an outdoor pool, so we ended up traveling to the hotel up the street and paying a guest fee to use the indoor pool for the day. No continental breakfast but there was coffee. So I would say, fine for the price-good location- but really nothing special.

Room Tip: If traveling with your child- choose a different hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 26, 2011

I was In Augusta this past weekend and got booked at the Best Western by Expedia (they advertised a low rate at a 3 star hotel but you didn't find out where until you made and paid for the reservation.) For what I paid, I could just as easily wound up in a dump as some of the alternatives have been described here. Luckily, I was booked at the Best Western. This was a really great place. The room was very spacious, clean and comfortable. The bathroom was big, very clean and modern looking with a great shower. The King-size bed was also very comfortable. The coffee which was available in the lobby 24 hours/day was very good. (I went to the store in town and bought some milk which I kept in the room's fridge as that non-dairy powdered creamer just doesn't make it.)

What really distinguished the Best Western was the staff. Everyone was really friendly and I don't mean in some perfunctory way. I mean they were really pleasant, smiling, helpful and friendly. That really made a big impact. When I go to Augusta to stay overnight again, I will definitely return to the Best Western.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed September 12, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for business and it is an ideal location where you are located within walking to several restaurants and the area. The hotel stay was uneventful and rooms adequate. The one thing that struck me was that the rooms were non-smoking an dperhpas the floor but when you entered the halls, they were full of smoke. The hotel is old and has seen its day but generally clean with the exception of the shower which had signs of mold. The room also had an odor, one which I found to be musty. Overall stay was good, price was excellent and I would return as it was quiet and accessible. One recommendation, the hotel should consider putting lighting on the back as it can become a safety issue. Staff extremely helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 5, 2011

The hotel needs a renovation. The halls are dark and dingy. The rooms are ok but this is not a place that you would want to spend much time. Others have commented that it is a good value but if you have to pay for your breakfast, how much are you saving?

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded September 6, 2011

I would like to thank you for sharing your experience on tripadvisor. To address your concerns regarding breakfast, I wanted to let you know we are currently working with the attached restaurant to have breakfast included with the cost of the hotel room. I am glad to hear your room was ok, but would love to have you contact me and let me know details of how you think we could improve. Thank you again for taking the time to share your opinion.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Augusta
Comfort Inn Civic Center
Senator Inn & Spa
#5 of 9 in Augusta
Fairfield Inn & Suites Augusta
Best Western Plus Waterville Grand Hotel

Been to Best Western Plus Augusta Civic Center Inn? Share your experiences!