We stayed here with three adults and two children. We had a king suite with a roll away cot. When we arrived we had to wait for our room to be cleaned. No big deal. Two hours later they told us our room was ready. We checked into it and the room had not been vacuumed. We overlooked it as the kids wanted to get unpacked and swim. You have to go to the basement and squeeze past the workers and carts from the laundry room. The pool area was sketchy. There was a large bug floating in the water. Next day we asked the front desk to have the maids clean our room and left for about five hours. Came back late afternoon and our room wasn't cleaned. We talked to the front desk and they said they would send someone right up. Two hours and several calls later we finally had someone show up. Their idea of cleaning is not good. After I asked them to vacuum they did the middle of the floor. The hallways were filthy and they never cleaned them all weekend. I don't even want to think if they ever cleaned the pool or hot tub. We went for breakfast but there wasn't enough food to feed the quests. Four slices of bread to go around. The stairwell smelled like pet urine. On checkout there was a mistake on our bill that took two attempts to fix. I could go on for ever but those are just the highlights. I would not recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Comfort Inn(R) Civic Center is conveniently located adjacent to Interstate 95, less than a mile from the Augusta Civic Center & the Marketplace in Augusta. Summertime in Maine is the perfect time to enjoy the outdoors! Whether it's hiking, biking, rafting or just enjoying the outdoors you are sure to find it all in our area! Want to check out some Maine lakes? There are plenty of lakes and ponds nearby with opportunities for boating, fishing, swimming, or even charter fishing! The Belgrade Lakes region is just a short drive away and it is alive with fun activities for all during the summer months. In the mood for some golf? Premier golf courses are just a short drive away including Belgrade Lakes Golf Club and the Augusta Country Club. In town to visit one of the local summer camps? Camp Laurel, Camp Androscoggin, Camp Cobbossee and more are all located closeby!Located just minutes from the University of Maine Augusta, Maine State Museum, the Children's Discovery Museum, the State Capitol and the Maine State House; this hotel is a convenient choice for all travelers. The University of Maine at Augusta has beautiful walking trails that make being active easy! Capitol Park is also located a few miles down the road as well as the Viles Arboretum which boasts nature trails and educational programs for children! Enjoy our FREE Hot Breakfast featuring eggs, meat, yogurt, fresh fruit, cereal and a choice of hot waffle flavors! Visit our ONSITE restaurant, The Ninety Nine Restaurant & Pub offering a wide variety of menu items for lunch and dinner!Our spacious guest rooms feature microwaves & fridges, LCD Flat Screen TV's, free local calls, free USA Today newspaper & free parking. Our indoor pool, hot tub & exercise room are the perfect way to start or end your day.Come visit our pet-friendly hotel today, enjoy our cozy rooms and let our friendly staff treat you in top-notch style when visiting the Augusta area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz and HotelQuickly so you can book your Comfort Inn Civic Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Civic Hotel Augusta
- Comfort Inn Augusta
- Augusta Comfort Inn
- Comfort Inn Civic Center Augusta, Maine