“This hotel needs new management”

Comfort Inn Civic Center
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Augusta
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed August 2, 2010

We stayed here with three adults and two children. We had a king suite with a roll away cot. When we arrived we had to wait for our room to be cleaned. No big deal. Two hours later they told us our room was ready. We checked into it and the room had not been vacuumed. We overlooked it as the kids wanted to get unpacked and swim. You have to go to the basement and squeeze past the workers and carts from the laundry room. The pool area was sketchy. There was a large bug floating in the water. Next day we asked the front desk to have the maids clean our room and left for about five hours. Came back late afternoon and our room wasn't cleaned. We talked to the front desk and they said they would send someone right up. Two hours and several calls later we finally had someone show up. Their idea of cleaning is not good. After I asked them to vacuum they did the middle of the floor. The hallways were filthy and they never cleaned them all weekend. I don't even want to think if they ever cleaned the pool or hot tub. We went for breakfast but there wasn't enough food to feed the quests. Four slices of bread to go around. The stairwell smelled like pet urine. On checkout there was a mistake on our bill that took two attempts to fix. I could go on for ever but those are just the highlights. I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank sungirl.sl

Reviewed July 10, 2010

I spend more time in hotels with my work than I do at home. I spent 3 months at this hotel and when I asked for something, the staff found a way to meet my request. I always had a friendly greeting and was called by name much of the time.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank NMM_10
Reviewed June 27, 2010

I don't know where to begin! We truly felt welcomed, the ladies at the front desk are so kind and helpful. I was amazed how they had handled a guy being a jerk. They gave us a treat bag our dog Chuckie, such a nice touch. The beds are so comfy and the room clean. I could sit in the hot tub all day, kids had a great time in the pool. Breakfast was good my kids loved the waffle maker. The 99 restaurant next door has great food and I loved the fact we could walk. Great place and staff. Thank you for our wonderful stay.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 21, 2010

Indeed it has been thoroughly remodeled, and well done, too. The bed was oh, so comfortable after a long road trip. When we called to make a reservation for Sunday night, the front desk receptionist said she'd be certain to check on restaurants open in the area (besides the usual chain places.) And they did. Rates were reasonable, and the best part was they were so nice and welcoming to our dog......and they don't charge extra.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 7, 2010

Ladies and gentalemen i would now like to tell you all a story and the way that the Front Office Manager BERTINA L. MERRILL came the the help and aid of a family of 5 and 2 dogs. See on the night of the 2nd of june our apartment on 3 stewart lane caught on fire and we totally lost all of our belongings and we had used up our 3 nights at the senator that the red cross had gotten us so we had to start calling around cause we needed a place to stay so the homeless emergency help line said they would help us out if we could find a motel under 100 dollars a night so we called the comfort inn in augusta maine and they at first lowerd their rate to help get us till monday and then when we got here we met Bertina as we were unloading our stuff and she was very ready to help people in need she was then in contact with the people that had paid for the night that we were there and also gave us a free night and then lowered the rate again to make it possable for us to find help very easy with the room we have now me and my 3 kids and wife are set up here till at least this coming wensday and should by that time be able to find the 3 bedroom apartment...PLEASE we will recommend this hotel for the way thay that they came to the rescue of a family of 7 when we were down and out.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed April 6, 2010

If you have teenagers, I do not recommend that you stay here. I stayed with my 14 year old, 17 year old and a friend (17 years). We were told when we checked in, that all persons using the hot tub or exersice room must by 18 years per Maine law! I asked if I could supervise them in both the hot tub and exersice room, and they said "no". They recommended that I take them to Planet Fitness at a cost of $10.00 each! My 17 year old has been driving a car for 8 months, but she can't sit in a hot tub or exercise with my supervision! I was curious about other hotels in the area, so I called around. They do NOT have these same rules. It is not a Maine state law!

Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
HICivicCenter, Manager at Comfort Inn Civic Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2010

Our apologies for the confusion regarding our pool policy for your family on your recent stay...Our number priority for the pool and exersice area is always Safety first .Our policy that children 17 and under are not allowed in the hot tub and exersice room is not a Maine Law unfortunately it is a stipulation with our insurance company,which I am sure you can understand.With a parent in attendance of a 17 year old, common sense should prevail,that it's ok to use the hot tub. Again our apologies to you and your family and our inapproprite communication.

Reviewed December 29, 2009

My husband, two children and I stayed at the Comfort Inn while visiting family here in Maine. The entire experience was wonderful. Staff were freindly, helpful and courteous. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. The kids loved the pool and my husband and I found the hot tub to be amazing. The continental breakfast was great - a much better selection then we have found at most hotels. The kids got a kick out of being able to making their own waffles. Thank you for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank JodiSunshine
Also consider these accommodations in or near Augusta
Best Western Plus Augusta Civic Center Inn
Hampton Inn Augusta
#2 of 9 in Augusta
Fairfield Inn & Suites Augusta
Maple Hill Farm Inn and Conference Center

Been to Comfort Inn Civic Center? Share your experiences!