Comfort Inn Civic Center
$107
$139
$134
Fairfield Inn
Axell's Scandinavian Inn(Manchester)(Great Value!)
$110
$131
$119
Official Site
All reviewscivic centerfront deskbreakfast roomhot tubwafflesthe young ladysausageking bedcheck in was easyfresh fruitnice breakfastbusiness tripeasy accessrooms are cleanwaffle makernight stayoff the highway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 19, 2014

Let me start with saying that everyone was extremely nice and friendly and that is why I am giving this location four stars. The breakfast was good but there is not a very large selection of hot foods but the cinnamon waffles were delicious!!! Brenda was fabulous and greeted us every morning with a smile! I can't say enough great things about the staff at this location.

This was our fourth hotel out the the seven that we stayed in on my graduation celebration trip. I had been wanting to come to Maine to celebrate and was disappointed that this hotel was so far out from everything and with the location of Civic Center we were expecting more. We didn't have TV the first night of our stay but they did get if fixed for the second night. The bathrooms are extremely small and the toilets are extremely close to the showers.

We did go down to visit the hot tub right after breakfast but it was dirty and didn't appear to have been cleaned in awhile so we decided to skip the hot tub. The workout room is well equipped but has limited hours of availability and after a certain time you can't get down to the basement.

They are renovating which we were lucky enough to be away from all of the noise and it appears that they have put in all new carpet throughout the hotel which is very nice. It will be nice to see the hotel when the changes are complete.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
Erica H, Manager at Comfort Inn Civic Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am happy to hear that our staff, especially Brenda in breakfast was able to make up for the few shortcomings you found with our hotel. We have wonderful staff members, and they will be happy to hear their hard work is appreciated.
I am glad that our renovations did not disrupt your stay in any way. We have been working hard renovating our property and are close to being finished. We would welcome the opportunity to have you visit us when you are in the Augusta are again.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

Not a high class ritzy place But Great location not far from stores and restaurants. Clean. Nice staff. Good breakfast. Nice pool and Jacuzzi. Stayed there a few years ago and again this July. Would go back.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Erica H, Manager at Comfort Inn Civic Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on our hotel with other travelers. I am pleased you enjoyed your experience and we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed July 20, 2014

Wife and I are Choice Hotels members and we always try to stay at a Comfort Suites or Comfort Inn. We are on a 17 day road trip with our 11 year old grandson and this is our 4th Comfort Inn/Suites in 4 nights (Gettysburg Comfort Suites was above average; Scranton PA was Excellent; Plymouth Mass was just okay and now Augusta). Easy to find off I-95, with a restaurant next door and a Wendy's and gas station across the street. Outside of hotel is being refurbished. Lobby area is comfortable and expansive (seating area with TV, computer and the breakfast area. One elevator to upper floors. In the basement is a huge indoor pool , a hot tub that seats 4 (commerical type that you can buy for your home) and a very well equiped fitness room (eliptical that was like new, a bike that didn't work, 2 treadmills and a stair climber. There was also hand weights, 2 sit-up boards, and 4 resistance weights machines alongwith a TV and towels. We had a king room with a sofa bed. The mattress was very good, the room spacious with a computer desk, lounge chair and the sofa sleeper. Flat screen TV and mini-fridge and microwave in its own cabinet. Air conditioning worked great. Room was clean and the overall facility was clean. Down the road a 1/2 mile is a huge mall with multiple restaurants (Panera Bread, Red Robin, and Olive Garden we saw but there are many more I am sure) lots of name brand stores including a Walmart. Breakfast had hot items (waffle, eggs, meat and the other usual cold items). I gave it only a Very Good given the outside was pretty bare (landscaping), and it lacks some of the charm of a Comfort Suites.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Don49680

Thank you for taking the time out of your long road trip to share your thoughts on our hotel. I am glad you and your grandson enjoyed our Comfort Inn as well as other hotels in the Choice family. I hope the next time you are in the area you stop in and see all the positive changes with our remodel.

Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

As soon as you arrive, the front desk greets you & invites you in. The rooms are fabulously beautiful & the jacuzzi AWESOME ! The fitness room was my favorite place. But the beautiful bathrooms with their gorgeous granite sinks, to die forrr !! But breakfast was delicious especially the way Brenda greeted us with such warmness felt like I was home. I definitely recommend you to stay here ! I know for sure I'm coming back !!

• Stayed: July 2014

Thank you for the lovely review, Brenda and the front desk are all important members of the great team we have here. We are proud to be your home away from home, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed July 13, 2014

My stay was on the most part wonderful! The room was clean n well kept.. Breakfast was pretty good although the microwaved egg patties were not that tasty.. When I locked myself out of my room by accident however the front desk worker (a man of middle eastern decent) had quite the attitude on lettin me back to my room.. He wanted my ID which was in my room and was not willing to open the door to let me get it... Another front desk worker was much more helpful with me in this situation and was tremendously appreciated by me... All in all besides the down right rude attitude from the one desk attendant my stay was wonderful!!

• Stayed: May 2014