“Beautiful room nice stay”

Comfort Inn Civic Center
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Augusta
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed July 13, 2014

My stay was on the most part wonderful! The room was clean n well kept.. Breakfast was pretty good although the microwaved egg patties were not that tasty.. When I locked myself out of my room by accident however the front desk worker (a man of middle eastern decent) had quite the attitude on lettin me back to my room.. He wanted my ID which was in my room and was not willing to open the door to let me get it... Another front desk worker was much more helpful with me in this situation and was tremendously appreciated by me... All in all besides the down right rude attitude from the one desk attendant my stay was wonderful!!

• Stayed: May 2014

Reviewed July 1, 2014

This was by far the nicest Comfort Inn I have ever been too! The staff, especially Jennifer in the breakfast room, was friendly and helpful. I spent my early mornings in the kitchen area so my travelling companion could sleep and noticed how attentive she was to keeping that breakfast area clean and refilled. The bed was exceptionally comfortable with nice quality pillows. The room and lobby area was spotless. I would definitely come back here on my next visit to the Augusta area.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank GwynneD
Reviewed June 29, 2014

The staff was wonderful. Despite clearly being understaffed, the people were kind and maintained a good attitude with customers. Michael, the gentleman who checked us in (and out the next day), was efficient and helpful. He provided a great recommendation for dinner that evening. The next morning, the breakfast room was packed! The one woman manning the room worked hard, keeping the breakfast stocked and the room clean, and did so with a smile the entire time.

We had two rooms for our family. The room our in-laws had was up to standards. Our room was quite tired, however. The AC did not work well and was missing the grill over the vent. The reading chair provided in the other room was missing in ours. A handle was missing from the bureau and the room was dusty. The most interesting aspect of the room was the "carnival ride" toilet seat that moved quite a bit. This was not a problem for us but could have been an issue for elderly or disabled visitors. The toiletries provided were quite nice and the towels were very soft. The carpet seemed new and and was soft. The hotel is clearly renovating. Perhaps we got a room in the midst of being renovated?

The pool was nice with a section for play and two lanes for laps. It is also equipped with a motorized chair so disabled guests can enter the pool. The hot tub is residential sized and in good repair but needed cleaning. A small outdoor patio is accessible via a door at the end of the pool area. A nice touch for adults who are monitoring children.

If you are looking for luxury, this is not the hotel for you. If you just need an OK room to rest with easy access to the highway, this is a reasonable choice.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank TryingoutTraveling
Reviewed June 12, 2014

My wife and I and a friend were at the Comfort Inn Civic Center for two nights during an event at the Civic Center. Everything at the hotel was okay, though nothing was exceptional. Some general upgrading/cleaning in the common areas would make everything better. Our room, however was fine. It was a two-bed room and while quite small (including the bathroom) everything in the room itself was good and seemingly updated. The breakfast was pretty typical, a step down from some other brands such as the ihg locations, but it was available when promised and the attendant very personable and welcoming. Again, no big problems, but nothing exceptional. I will say that everything at check-in and check-out was fine.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Mark D
Reviewed June 9, 2014

Clean; friendly staff; complementary breakfast (Brenda, who cooks breakfast, is awesome); and priced for the modest budget. Convenient to highway, restaurants, lakes. Front desk personnel greet you with a smile when you walk by.

Room Tip: Get a room towards the front of the building...they are refacing the wall in the back (June 2014)
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank steven h
Reviewed May 23, 2014

first room had perfume sprayed in it next one was not great smelling but was better than perfume...coffee maker microwave etc was good, quiet beds comfortable.the dropping off of fast check out papers in front of the room door with your name and address on it surprised me maybe this is normal ,we hadnt had that happen before.the housekeeper walked in on us DIDNT knock then came back again before we left,,,breakfast room to small very busy

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank 29ratatude
Reviewed May 16, 2014

My husband left another hotel in Augusta because it wasn't clean and were very happy we did. Staff were great, room was nice and breakfast was perfect. Will go back for sure! Already booked our fall trip.

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank Jane M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Augusta
Best Western Plus Augusta Civic Center Inn
Hampton Inn Augusta
#2 of 9 in Augusta
Fairfield Inn & Suites Augusta
Best Western Plus Waterville Grand Hotel

Been to Comfort Inn Civic Center? Share your experiences!