This was the 8th day of a 9 day road trip from Ontario to Nova Scotia via the states. While the majority of our stops had nice clean quaint rooms, this one was way more than expected. We did not pay much more than any of the other places we stayed but you would have thought we should have. The room was spacious ( king bed ) and clean. Fridge didn't have a freezer which would have been nice for our freezer pack that we used on the road for snacks and water, but we survived.
The reason i decided to post this was from an incident at breakfast. Each place we stayed offered either a full hot breakfast or a continental breakfast which usually means muffins, pastries and maybe fruit and cereal so when we saw this hotel offered a continental breakfast that is what we expected. We were so wrong. They had cereal, toast, bagels, muffins, fruit, eggs, sausage, coffee, tea, milk, juice and something I had never seen before. A waffle maker!! I made my own enormous pumpkin waffle in under 3 minutes and it was amazing.. Also by the front desk they had coffee and a variety of teas all day.
The only complaint we had for our entire stay was having to listen to an old crabby woman do nothing but complain because the continental breakfast despite ALL the food they had, did not have light cream cheese for her bagel. She went on and on how EVERY place she stays has light cream cheese but this place didn't. OMG i wanted to tell her to take one of the regular ones and only use half of it. Even her husband got tired of listening to her and left. I made a point to tell the young lady there who had started her day early so we ( including cream cheese woman) had a good breakfast available at 6 am, how much I for one appreciated all they had for their guests for a FREE breakfast.
All in all i would definitely stay again, Great staff and great place ( pool and hot tub could be updated ) but over all I give them top marks.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Comfort Inn(R) Civic Center is conveniently located adjacent to Interstate 95, less than a mile from the Augusta Civic Center & the Marketplace in Augusta. Summertime in Maine is the perfect time to enjoy the outdoors! Whether it's hiking, biking, rafting or just enjoying the outdoors you are sure to find it all in our area! Want to check out some Maine lakes? There are plenty of lakes and ponds nearby with opportunities for boating, fishing, swimming, or even charter fishing! The Belgrade Lakes region is just a short drive away and it is alive with fun activities for all during the summer months. In the mood for some golf? Premier golf courses are just a short drive away including Belgrade Lakes Golf Club and the Augusta Country Club. In town to visit one of the local summer camps? Camp Laurel, Camp Androscoggin, Camp Cobbossee and more are all located closeby!Located just minutes from the University of Maine Augusta, Maine State Museum, the Children's Discovery Museum, the State Capitol and the Maine State House; this hotel is a convenient choice for all travelers. The University of Maine at Augusta has beautiful walking trails that make being active easy! Capitol Park is also located a few miles down the road as well as the Viles Arboretum which boasts nature trails and educational programs for children! Enjoy our FREE Hot Breakfast featuring eggs, meat, yogurt, fresh fruit, cereal and a choice of hot waffle flavors! Visit our ONSITE restaurant, The Ninety Nine Restaurant & Pub offering a wide variety of menu items for lunch and dinner!Our spacious guest rooms feature microwaves & fridges, LCD Flat Screen TV's, free local calls, free USA Today newspaper & free parking. Our indoor pool, hot tub & exercise room are the perfect way to start or end your day.Come visit our pet-friendly hotel today, enjoy our cozy rooms and let our friendly staff treat you in top-notch style when visiting the Augusta area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Choice Hotels and Priceline so you can book your Comfort Inn Civic Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Civic Hotel Augusta
- Comfort Inn Augusta
- Augusta Comfort Inn
- Comfort Inn Civic Center Augusta, Maine