We stayed at this hotel over Labor Day weekend, when the hotel was completely booked. While there have been some renovations (e.g., the lobby looked refreshed; there was granite in the bathrooms), overall the hotel just seems really old.
There is one elevator, which was completely inadequate for the fully-booked hotel. Wait times were long, especially in the morning. The pool is in the basement, and while clean, there is paint peeling from the bottom and the steps. The towels were tiny and threadbare.
Overall, the whole hotel just seemed dark. Brown carpets and orange walls don't help, and I think that the lighting in general (both in the rooms and in the public areas) really needs to be addressed as it was just depressing.
We stopped into the breakfast room, which is a retro-fitted conference room with no windows. Everything looked clean and acceptable, but there was no seating available (again, full house), so we decided to go out for breakfast.
The staff were all quite pleasant; however, at checkout there was a sign stating that the staff person had stepped away. After waiting more than 5 minutes, I just left my room keys on the desk.
On the plus side, I felt that everything was clean just not on par with other chain hotels in the area. I could see the Fairfield Marriott across the street and I was regretting my choice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Comfort Inn(R) Civic Center is conveniently located adjacent to Interstate 95, less than a mile from the Augusta Civic Center & the Marketplace in Augusta. Summertime in Maine is the perfect time to enjoy the outdoors! Whether it's hiking, biking, rafting or just enjoying the outdoors you are sure to find it all in our area! Want to check out some Maine lakes? There are plenty of lakes and ponds nearby with opportunities for boating, fishing, swimming, or even charter fishing! The Belgrade Lakes region is just a short drive away and it is alive with fun activities for all during the summer months. In the mood for some golf? Premier golf courses are just a short drive away including Belgrade Lakes Golf Club and the Augusta Country Club. In town to visit one of the local summer camps? Camp Laurel, Camp Androscoggin, Camp Cobbossee and more are all located closeby!Located just minutes from the University of Maine Augusta, Maine State Museum, the Children's Discovery Museum, the State Capitol and the Maine State House; this hotel is a convenient choice for all travelers. The University of Maine at Augusta has beautiful walking trails that make being active easy! Capitol Park is also located a few miles down the road as well as the Viles Arboretum which boasts nature trails and educational programs for children! Enjoy our FREE Hot Breakfast featuring eggs, meat, yogurt, fresh fruit, cereal and a choice of hot waffle flavors! Visit our ONSITE restaurant, The Ninety Nine Restaurant & Pub offering a wide variety of menu items for lunch and dinner!Our spacious guest rooms feature microwaves & fridges, LCD Flat Screen TV's, free local calls, free USA Today newspaper & free parking. Our indoor pool, hot tub & exercise room are the perfect way to start or end your day.Come visit our pet-friendly hotel today, enjoy our cozy rooms and let our friendly staff treat you in top-notch style when visiting the Augusta area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Choice Hotels, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Comfort Inn Civic Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Civic Hotel Augusta
- Comfort Inn Augusta
- Augusta Comfort Inn
- Comfort Inn Civic Center Augusta, Maine