“Wonderful staff and service”

Comfort Inn Civic Center
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Augusta
GreenLeadersBronze level
Baltimore, Maryland
“Wonderful staff and service”
Reviewed July 2, 2012

We stayed at this hotel at the recommendation of a family menber while we were attending a family renunion. The staff was very welcoming, the room was nicely decorated, and the entire hotel was very clean. We enjoyed our stay here and recommend it. We had an emergency during our stay and the hotel staff was exceptional in assisting us.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Civic Center, responded to this review, July 3, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write such a glowing review of our hotel. I am so glad that you enjoyed the accomodations, and that our staff was able to assist you with all of your needs. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 1, 2012

The young lady who checked us in was very efficient. Our room was nice and had everything we needed. It was a pleasant experience.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for the feedback. I am glad that you had a pleasant experience at our hotel, and hope you will stay with us again on your next trip to Augusta.
Québec
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Stayed the twice over the last two years and I really like the place. This month, we arrived without reservation and we were greeted by this wonderful young woman, sorry forgot her name, who gave us the best welcoming service I've had in years. For her age, 20, she's definitely a sign of hope young people are not all impolite spoiled brats like we see much too often.

We had a problem with the AC and she switched us to another room and it was done with a smile. Cannot pass over the help from the man ( I think he was the maintenance man) who came with us to move our stuff to the other room. What a nice man. Those two really made our stay great.

Love the addition of Belgian waffles in the breakfast room. Just wish people would know how to use the machine. Some guest looked like they were faced with a machine from outer space.

This will be my stop from now on halfway to my destination.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for sharing this wonderful review of our property and your experience with us. I am glad that our staff was able to assist you both at check in and with the issue with the air conditioner. We look forward to seeing you next time your travels bring you to Augusta.
Gorham, New Hampshire
Reviewed June 23, 2012

The friendly staff, clean/quiet room, comfortable bed, breakfast offerings, and convenient location are very enjoyable. Upon arrival, I was greeted by a most helpful and pleasant gal, Kali. She got me placed, as requested, on a ground floor room. I did have some trouble with the closet size and requested to move into the non-smoking ground floor accessible room if it was available. She happily showed me the room, but it was saturated with the smell of cigarette smoke, so I declined. She said there was a problem with the venting and people sometimes smoke just outside the window. She vowed to try and solve the closet problem and to check into other room options. True to her word, when I returned to the hotel the following afternoon, she advised that a maintenance technician would be able to move the bar further into the closet, which should allow me to close the door without pushing all the clothes in first. An employee named Joe did indeed make that repair and also tightened a loose handle on a dresser drawer. He kindly left me a note advising of the work he had completed. I was settling in that evening and had the window open to let in some fresh evening air. To my dismay, the room later filled with the smell of cigarette smoke. No one was standing outside the window given the uneven terrain, turbine equipment, and distance from the parking spaces or exits. I asked the front desk staff where the smoking rooms are located, they advised the 3rd floor of the opposite wing has the only smoking designated rooms. I can't imagine how the venting system would carry it into my room. They thought it might be possible that someone was smoking in a room designated as non-smoking. It is unsettling to receive the room cleaning fine information and feel that I could be held responsible for someone else's actions. Additionally, if I were travelling with my Mom, she would require the use of an accessible room and would have suffered from trying to use a room that would not be at all compatible for someone with a COPD illness. It is my experience that a non-smoking room in a hotel that also has smoking rooms, may not actually be smoke-free. Last night was so warm that I didn't want to have the window open and did not have any further problems. My visit has otherwise been very enjoyable. However, I will try to find smoke-free lodging when I return to Augusta again. The hotel manager said they are considering renovations this Fall with a goal to offer smoke-free lodging in the future.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the back have a view of green vegetation and trees.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank MtnSeeker
Thank you for taking the time to write such a thorough review of our hotel. I apologize that there was a smell of cigarette smoke in your room. Although we do our best to avoid it, being a partially smoking hotel this is something that unfortunately happens on occasion. I am glad that the issue with your closet was quickly remedied by our housekeeping department, and that the rest of your stay was enjoyable. I hope you will consider staying with us again on your next trip to Augusta.
Arlington, Texas
Reviewed June 22, 2012

We've stayed at this hotel many times within the past few years, however, I noticed on this visit that the quality of the hotel has declined. There appeared to be new grouting in the bathroom, but it was poorly done and left a hole in the corner of the tub and floor; there was a hole in the side of the couch; the pool area needs a facelift and there were missing knobs on the dressers. This is a partially smoke-free hotel - the smoke smell usually doesn't make it's way to the non-smoking rooms (if it did I would refuse to stay there), but one evening our room seemed to fill up with the smell of cigarettes. In addition, the doors are loud and noise carries easily through the hallways and into the rooms. Overall, I think the hotel just needs some work to update it.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Civic Center, responded to this review, June 25, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay. I am very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay and found the accommodations unsatisfactory. We value this feedback and look through these reviews thoroughly in order to find out what areas we can improve on. We will use this information moving forward to make our hotel better. I hope that the rest of your visit to Augusta was enjoyable, and we look forward to hopefully making your next stay better.
Gorham, New Hampshire
Reviewed May 25, 2012

2nd time there for business and no problems. Rooms were clean, beds a bit soft and staff were very nice. I like the fact that I can open the window to let fresh air in. Breakfast was decent and the dining area was kept very clean and well stocked. 99 Restaurant located in the parking lot and an Irving gas station/store with an Amato's right across the street. 24 hour free coffee, tea and hot chocolate available in the lobby.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back so you can open your window and enjoy the forest view.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Hopsing-NH
Erica H, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Civic Center, responded to this review, May 31, 2012
Thank you for writing such a great review, the positive feedback is greatly appreciated. We are glad you have enjoyed your stays here and look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Denton
Reviewed May 19, 2012

I stayed at the Comfort Inn purely by accident ( I was tired from driving and thought it was the Quality Inn - got off on the wrong exit) Thankfully I did. I am very impressed with the fast friendly service from the front desk. The clean room and hot free breakfast. The pool and Hot tub were very relaxing and you could tell you came 1st at this hotel. I needed a bed on wheels and the head housekeeper guy stopped what he was doing and assisted me and my family right away. He also recommended some budget places to eat and a great place to take the kiddos We went to an animal sanctuary about 15 - 20 minutes away he was right on with outings to do and good places to eat and directions you could tell he knew what he was talking about. Am very impressed and grateful I took the wrong exit and landed at your hotel. I will definitely. be back and can not wait for our next adventure

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Dawn D
Erica H, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Civic Center, responded to this review, May 23, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a generous and thorough review. We are glad you were wowed by our staff and amenities, and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Augusta.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Augusta
Best Western Plus Augusta Civic Center Inn
#2 of 9 in Augusta
Homewood Suites by Hilton Augusta
Fairfield Inn & Suites Augusta
Best Western Plus Waterville Grand Hotel

Been to Comfort Inn Civic Center? Share your experiences!