We belong to the Comfort Inn Choice Privledges program so we can earn free stays, but also so that we know the type of property we are booking. We've stayed at a variety of Comfort Inn properties over the past 15 years and have recently noticed that the quality is no longer consistent. That said, the Augusta, Maine property was a huge disappointment. It looks way better from the road than it is. Upon closer inspection, it appears that the hotel was simply a cheap build to begin with and the wear and tear is really showing. The first thing I noticed was the rot along the eaves, but the poor quality is apparent throughout the building in the resulting wear. We'll definitely take the time to write a note to the parent company, Choice Hotels, as it is frustrating to not know what your getting. In this case, we chose Comfort Inn over the newly renovated Quality Inn and paid $30 more a night to ensure a better experience (we haven't ever stayed at the Quality Inn so I can't compare beyond it's recent renovation.) This Comfort Inn decor was cheap and ugly, the room doors cheap plastic with the peep hole popping out of our room, and the hall carpets dingy brown. We were in the back wing so used the back door where rot was also apparent and the cock-eyed trash container remained un-emptied for our three day stay. We used the stairs to get to our second floor room and every time I noted the hollow sound of poorly secured plywood under the dirty carpet along with the trash that remained from day to day. We have stayed at other properties that missed the Comfort Inn standard but this one was really way off the mark, especially for the price. One of the nights the county sheriff and the local police department were actively patrolling the parking lot. As we exited, a patrol car came from each side and we were stopped and asked what room we were in. Made me wonder what kind of illegal activity they were looking for at this Comfort Inn. The picture of the lobby that appears with the TripAdvisor listing is by far the best part of the hotel and not at all representative. I wish I'd taken the time to snap a few reality shots.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Comfort Inn(R) Civic Center is conveniently located adjacent to Interstate 95, less than a mile from the Augusta Civic Center & the Marketplace in Augusta. Summertime in Maine is the perfect time to enjoy the outdoors! Whether it's hiking, biking, rafting or just enjoying the outdoors you are sure to find it all in our area! Want to check out some Maine lakes? There are plenty of lakes and ponds nearby with opportunities for boating, fishing, swimming, or even charter fishing! The Belgrade Lakes region is just a short drive away and it is alive with fun activities for all during the summer months. In the mood for some golf? Premier golf courses are just a short drive away including Belgrade Lakes Golf Club and the Augusta Country Club. In town to visit one of the local summer camps? Camp Laurel, Camp Androscoggin, Camp Cobbossee and more are all located closeby!Located just minutes from the University of Maine Augusta, Maine State Museum, the Children's Discovery Museum, the State Capitol and the Maine State House; this hotel is a convenient choice for all travelers. The University of Maine at Augusta has beautiful walking trails that make being active easy! Capitol Park is also located a few miles down the road as well as the Viles Arboretum which boasts nature trails and educational programs for children! Enjoy our FREE Hot Breakfast featuring eggs, meat, yogurt, fresh fruit, cereal and a choice of hot waffle flavors! Visit our ONSITE restaurant, The Ninety Nine Restaurant & Pub offering a wide variety of menu items for lunch and dinner!Our spacious guest rooms feature microwaves & fridges, LCD Flat Screen TV's, free local calls, free USA Today newspaper & free parking. Our indoor pool, hot tub & exercise room are the perfect way to start or end your day.Come visit our pet-friendly hotel today, enjoy our cozy rooms and let our friendly staff treat you in top-notch style when visiting the Augusta area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Choice Hotels, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Comfort Inn Civic Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Civic Hotel Augusta
- Comfort Inn Augusta
- Augusta Comfort Inn
- Comfort Inn Civic Center Augusta, Maine