“Nice weekend”

Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Augusta
Nova Scotia
“Nice weekend”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

We stayed here this weekend on a get a way. The hotel is easy to find off the I95. The ground and exterior were nice. The parking was easy. We liked our room. It was clean and comfortable. The only criticism I have is that the beds are double. It's ok for one person but too small for 2 in my opinion and this really bugs me. So who ever decides on ordering beds, take note! We found the interior of the hotel was well kept and clean. Nice pool and hot tub, exercise room. The front desk was friendly and helpful. We had a snow storm overnight and the lot was quickly plowed. Breakfast was great as well. The only thing that would keep me from booking here again is the size of the bed.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Mollyg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

I have become a Marriott member and now spend on average 100 nights a year in hotels. This was a very nice stay 4 nights room was excellent above average. Overall facility very nice clean and well maintained will definitely stop in again. With that said I did notice one thing that surprised and annoyed me. I was in and out several time a day all 4 days the front desk had no one there to greet the guest something I am not used to seeing at a Marriott run hotel. I do spend most of my time at Courtyards however I am no stranger to Fairfield Inn. Friendliness was fine however you should not have to wait for the front desk to come out from the back.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank BABernier
Bangor, ME
Reviewed November 23, 2013

The room we had was much smaller than expected as other Fairfields we have stayed at before. The whole Inn was exceptionally well cleaned and I dare one to find a dust bunny anywhere!! All common areas were well maintained right to the napkins, sugar packets and stirrers. Nothing is lacking. If room is next to the stairwell, you will hear what is said and footsteps sounds from there. Staff was willing to accommodate any special needs. Good place to spend the night.

Room Tip: Stay away from rooms sharing walls with the stairwells.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
JimStoots, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Augusta, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Thank you for reviewing us on TripAdvisor. We appreciate your business and your feedback.
We would like to thank you for all your positive comments on the cleanliness of our hotel.
Mayville, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed November 1, 2013

If you like a softer bed and a clean room, it is perfect stop along the highway. Room not overly large but bathroom is suitable. Nice breakfast in the morning with lots of variety and easy if you need to eat on the go. Lastly, staff is always helpful. I have stayed here on several occasions and no complaints.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Clean room. Friendly staff. Free internet that was quite fast (another review said theirs was slow but I had no problems at all with it).
One thing could be improved - have a little bar area. After a long day of working away from home, a glass of wine would be nice. I asked at the front desk if they had a bar and the woman told me to go across the street. Umm - yeah that isn't really what I was thinking. :)
Overpriced for what they offer, but overall a fine hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank PriusGirlVA
JimStoots, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Augusta, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
We appreciate your review on our hotel and thank you for choosing to stay with us. I do understand after a long day to sit down and have a glass of wine to relax. Unfortunately we do not have a bar, but all ways have corkscrews at the front desk. We appreciate your feedback and hope you will stay with us again.
Rochester, Minnesota
Reviewed September 12, 2013

This hotel property is very neat and clean. Staff are friendly. A previous reviewer commented about thin towels. It appears they have been replaced. Breakfast excellent. A good selection of fresh fruit available. As in other FFI, it appears the Jimmy Dean microwaved sausage have Ben replaced by a much better hot product. This place met my expectations. Easy access on/off highway.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for all your positive comments of our hotel. You are correct we have just recently replaced our towels to a thicker and larger towel. We look forward to being your host again if you are ever in our area.
Sutton, Massachusetts
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The Inn is small, quiet, clean & comfortable. Nice stop over for the night or to stop & visit middle Maine. Very nice staff, very helpful & informative. Easy access on & off 95. Mall & shops close by for convenience. Comfortable beds. Continental was good

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Augusta
Homewood Suites by Hilton Augusta
Best Western Plus Augusta Civic Center Inn
Hampton Inn Waterville
Hampton Inn Waterville
#1 of 6 in Waterville

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Augusta? Share your experiences!