“Terrible!!”

Add it.
Capital Buffet
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed May 4, 2009

We keep seeing that this place is rated the #1 buffet in Augusta. We have tried it at different times and the food has been terrible. It's either cold, or dried up. It's just not good at all. I've found a much better chinese buffet and will never frequent this place again.

4  Thank QuiltingQueenMaine

Reviewed April 4, 2009

This restaurant has standard chinese buffet fare. There are 4 buffet tables, two with regular items, one with salad/pudding, and one with the standard boxed dessert cakes. The first thing I noticed was another diner who would hover his hand over the pan of food on the buffet to test the temperature of the item. Several times after doing this, the diner opted not to try the item. I was also appalled at the actions of one of the employees while we were eating. After wiping down a table with a rag he got from a bucket near the entrance, he stood in the middle of the 4 buffet tables and threw the rag toward the bucket to return it. The rag fell to the floor, and he then went and picked it up off the floor and draped it on the side of the bucket. Also while dining....I noticed him wipe his brow and face with the inside of his shirt. On the way out, I spoke to the owner/owners wife about what I had seen. We will never go back. There are too many choices in the area to even consider giving them another chance. I would suggest immediate training and sanitation classes for the entire staff.

4  Thank MaineGeocacher