“Seafood Delight”

Dining options: Delivery
Melrose, Massachusetts, United States
“Seafood Delight”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Although it was a drive to get here our first stop at this restaurant will not be our last. Our order at the counter was from a large menu choice and we rushed our decision because we did not want to delay customers behind however it turned out to be a very relaxed place and will not rush next time. Ordered haddock and scallops and sat down to wait for our number to be called. We then thought we should have ordered chowder to try it while waiting for our order back at the counter our order was entered and came with our entrees. The cup of chowder had a whole lobster claw meat sticking up through the buttery chowder stock and it had plenty of fish in it. The haddock and scallops were stacked with fries and a fresh roll with cole slaw. All very good, but the chowder was special. The staff very friendly and fast wait times. Next time I will get the seafood combo and bigger chowder. Prices reasonable. Closed Mondays.

Florida
“Awesome Seafood & Chowder”
Reviewed August 4, 2014

Excellent seafood for those that enjoy fried food. My preference is the Lobster Roll and of course the seafood chowder. The chowder is filled with fish, shrimp, lobster, etc. all in a lite milk sauce. I always order a quart, because a cup is never enough for me! I only get the visit once a year and this is usually the first place we go. The lobster roll is filled with lobster and is served with or without lettuce. it is very good! The service and management is excellent. The place is crowded but there is plenty of parking and also tables outside.

Vermont
“Delicious on a hot summer day”
Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

Shrimp were tiny but clams were awesome. Fries were basic crinkle cut, probably frozen but the clams made it all worth it. Would like to come back to try fish stew. Plenty of outdoor seating for crowds and many picnic tables with umbrellas. Super speedy service considering the number of customers!

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Superb!”
Reviewed July 31, 2014

I'm saddened by people giving this place a negative review out of pompous arrogance. I've been eating there for years until I moved out west but go as often as possible when I'm back in Augusta. It's the very best, freshest seafood in Maine or anywhere. The service is perfect and the prices are very fair. It's a small, very busy, popular place so of course you're going to experience wait times on busy days but I promise you it's well worth the wait. If there's any problem with your food or service, talk to them! In all the years of eating there we only had a problem once and they were on top of it. That's what keeps us going back. I eat myself stupid every time I go there because decent seafood is non-existant in Vegas. If you're looking for a huge menu of deserts and non-seafood items, why would you eat there then complain online? Be fair!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Dawn P
Maine
“Delicious haddock”
Reviewed July 31, 2014

This is the one fast food restaurant that I will get haddock from, it is consistently delicious. Their coleslaw is to DIE for!! Excellent service, very quick with orders (regardless of how extremely busy they are), and super friendly. You really get the bang for your buck here.

1 Thank Brandi L