“Excellent Staff and food”
Review of Senator Inn & Spa

Senator Inn & Spa
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Augusta
GreenLeadersSilver level
Auburn, Maine
“Excellent Staff and food”
Reviewed May 9, 2014

The Housekeeping staff were great very helpful polite and eager to help. The food was terrific; I had brick oven BBQ chicken pizza very tasty. Can not wait to come back. The restaurant was beautiful, clean and the staff very helpful they chatted with my grand kids and made us feel at home

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Tiffani G
JDDWentworth, Manager at Senator Inn & Spa, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Thank you, Tiffani G for sharing your experience of the Senator Inn & Spa. We are very proud of the staff for making you feel at home and delighted you enjoyed the brick oven pizza from the Cloud 9 Restaurant.

We look forward to seeing you soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
Hartland, Maine
Reviewed May 6, 2014 via mobile

I was at the hotel for a conference and had the pleasure of "working" at the Senator for two days. Little did I know I'd be pampered with exceptional food and a room with a spa tub, fireplace and oh so comfortable bed! Next time I hope to make time for the pool and fitness area. I would definitely stay again.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Maine_Designer
JDDWentworth, Manager at Senator Inn & Spa, responded to this review, May 9, 2014
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to review our hotel. We love to hear that even though you were here on business, that we could pamper you with great food and a relaxing, comfortable room.
Sunapee, New Hampshire
Reviewed May 6, 2014

I attended a meeting at the Senator Inn last week. My room had a fireplace, 50 TV, Krieg coffee maker, microwave and refrigerator in the room. The restaurant had wonderful food and the banquet meals were also great. The staff was very friendly and my room was very clean.

2 Thank Daina S
Thank you, Daina S for sharing your experience of the Senator Inn & Spa. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your room, the Cloud 9 Restaurant, and your meeting in our Banquet rooms.

We hope to see you soon!
Chicago, Illinoi
Reviewed May 5, 2014

I stayed at the Senator Inn the weekend of April 18th, and unfortunately I was assaulted by someone when I tried to enter my room. The police were called but I was unable to obtain any help from the staff of the hotel that night. The following day I asked to speak with the General Manager Mr. Bintliff but was told he was busy and received only his card and the advice to call him if I wanted to speak with him. I called the General Manager repeatedly and to this day have never received a return phone call.
The police were able to arrest the suspect thank God, but be careful if you stay at the Senator Inn

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
5 Thank pbidwill
JDDWentworth, Manager at Senator Inn & Spa, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Dear pbidwill,

We feel that we must clarify some of the details with your recent review. We would like the general public to be aware that our staff contacted the local authorities immediately after being informed of the disruption outside of our front entrance. They reported back to us that both parties involved were intoxicated and uncooperative with their investigation. It is very unusual for incidents like this to occur at our establishment and we feel as though our staff handled the situation correctly by contacting the local authorities.
Lewiston, Maine
Reviewed May 5, 2014

I recently visited Augusta for a conference and had the pleasure of staying at the Senator Inn & Spa. I was extremely surprised by the quality of food that was served for both lunch and dinner. Typically these types of meetings tend to offer the standard banquet-style fare, but the Senator Inn outdid themselves. The staff was extremely attentive and eager to assist when they could. I wish I could have stayed a little longer to enjoy the spa services that are offered. Instead I decided at checkout that the Senator Inn will be my next girl's weekend away so I booked reservations for July! It was apparent that the hotel has kept up with renovations and they know how to take care of their guests. Thank you to the staff at the Senator Inn- we'll see you in a couple of months!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Jessica M
Thank you, Jessica M for sharing your experience of the Senator Inn & Spa. We are thrilled to hear that the staff outdid themselves and exceeded your expectations of service.

We look forward to seeing you in July!
Wells, Maine
Reviewed May 3, 2014

This is great hotel with all of the amenities that you would ever need. The restaurant has great food with great service. The Spa is the best in New England! The salt water pool is relaxing. The room was clean, comfortable with a 50 inch television, lots of space and robes. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone coming to the Augusta area!

1 Thank megciamomwells
Thank you for taking the time to review the Senator Inn & Spa and recommending us to your family and friends. Our goal is that “Every Guest Leaves Satisfied” so we are pleased that we met your standards for service.
Boston
Reviewed April 30, 2014

I stayed at the Senator Inn before. Last time, I brought my wife, we worked out, had a swim, sauna, massage, dinner, etc. It was wonderful! I returned for business this week. Of course, the food was wonderful. I took a photo of the food and dessert. Sadly, I can't find the food pix. However, the dessert photo will give you an idea. It was fabulous! Also, they renovated the room. It had new furniture and upgraded lighting. The TV must be 55"!
It'll probably be a few years before I get a chance to return but I can't wait to see what they have done.
As before, the service was great and the room was spotless!

Room Tip: main building is better