“Spa Package was a great value”
Review of Senator Inn & Spa

Senator Inn & Spa
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Augusta
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed December 28, 2013

As a surprise Christmas gift to my wife, I took her to The Senator for an overnight stay with a massage for both of us. Callie and Katie were great massage therapist. The facility was clean and very courteous staff. Pool area was very nice. The food and bar was great. The best thing we noticed was that it was very quiet in our room. Breakfast was great. Thanks, will return.

Room Tip: 311+ is where we stayed and it was quiet.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
JDDWentworth, Manager at Senator Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

Thank you for sharing CaptainDenny. We were thrilled to hear about your spa package experience and hope we see you again soon!

Reviewed December 27, 2013

The Senator Inn and Spa is a great place to stay. We have come back 3 years in row over the holidays and have not been disappointed. The food in the restaurant is excellent and the spa offers all kinds of "fun".
My only negative is that it is time to upgrade the television in the suites.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
JDDWentworth, Manager at Senator Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2013

Thank you for sharing Lynda G.

In our suites, currently, we have a 19 inch flat screen installed in the bathrooms with a 42 inch flat screen above the fireplace mantle. The additional seating room televisions are due to be upgraded and we will certainly discuss this in our next management meeting. We appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed December 26, 2013

I took my 9 little people to the Senator and we had a fantasic time. The honey moon suit is awesome for little kids as it has fireplace and 3 TV's. They can have a tubbie and watch TV.
They love it. The staff is so kid friendly....

Reviewed December 26, 2013

I would like commend the staff for the following reasons.
The Senator was at maximum capacity due to the holiday and Ice Storm that hit the area just two days prior to Christmas. You could tell the staff both at the front desk and cleaning crew were stressed out and doing everything possible to accommodate their guest. The lobby area was a tense scene Christmas morning. Word had spread quickly that the pool would not be open and that the full continental breakfast as advertised would be limited to coffee and doughnuts.
But the staff did everything in their power to keep guest happy. The pool did open that morning, but the breakfast did not change. Buy the time we got to the lobby for food there was only coffee left. Normally this would have been unacceptable but given it was Christmas and the ice storm had the area in its grips, we had to overlook it.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

It was a pleasure having you as our guest this holiday season Wongnh. Thank you for sharing and for your forgiving sentiment. It was a very busy Christmas!

Reviewed December 17, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel 6 times and will keep staying there whenever it becomes possible. Most stays have been in the summer time but I just recently stayed at this hotel for 3 days in December. I was upgraded to an amazing suite without asking for it and because of the upgrade, my entire trip became that much better. From a fireplace in my room, to a tv in the bathroom with a jet tub, to lots of space, it was so comfortable after days spent shopping to relax and unwind. The gym facility, pool and spa were all utilized and the the gym and pool are one f the main reasons why I choose to stay there. The gym is great, pool is awesome, and I love the steam sauna! I had my first experience taking in a 90 minute massage and it was well worth it.
The free hot breakfast is exceptional...I sometimes wondered if we were just too spoiled. From the front desk to all other hotel employees, the people were professional and friendly (even the snow plow guys). I have not had a bad experience yet at this hotel after 6 times.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

It is always a pleasure having you as our guest sportygirl 5. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed December 13, 2013

Both food and hotel were excellent. Many rooms are small-- though spacious compared with the trendy pods in Manhattan-- but clean and enough for their purpose. The shower heads and water pressure provide a strong, massaging shower. Exercise room is good; the pool big enough for real exercise, with lane markers.

The food in Cloud 9 is great, if $$$. One cocktail, glass of wine, mixed grill with fair salad bar (but great homemade bread and soft whipped butter), and dessert, was almost $80 with tip, for one (the room was extremely reasonably priced at $94/night. The meal practically doubled it). The small portion of shrimp and swordfish was almost an afterthought, a little blah and on a small wooden skewer the size of three toothpicks. Nice "tastes", but not a hardy serving. On the other hand, the filet was excellent, perfectly cooked with a nice, though unneeded, Béarnaise on the side, as there was not an ounce of fat or gristle inside or out; it was succulent and melt in your mouth. Mashed were a little stiff, though tasty, and asparagus perfectly al dente, with no dry or stringy or tough ends ends. The friendly bartenders know how to mix a drink; dirty martini was delicious with those ice chips in an up glass. Not sure about the wine, I was graciously provided a taste.

Free breakfast is great. The scrambled eggs perfectly cooked, even creamy-- no easy feat for eggs in a tray with sterno; fruit and bread was fresh. Though labeled as continental, it is more. But if serving eggs, how about at least one meat?

Service is A+; everyone greets with a smile. Even a maintenance man excused himself when I inadvertently got in HIS way and tried to excuse myself.

Overall experience was excellent and I would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: The prices are so reasonable, try to upgrade to a larger room, if available.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to write such a wonderful review Steve12-33-34! It was a pleasure to read.

Reviewed December 9, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed in Augusta several times over the past few months. I've seen pictures of the Senator and have driven by several times. I decided to give it a try. The rate was incredible.... It was too good to be true. I was upgraded to a Presidential Suite. It looks like a Hampton Inn type room, not any bigger. The only difference is the Senators room was dingy, old and dirty. Not at all what I hoped for. It reminds me of a hotel you could rent by the hour. There were cigarette burns on the chair. The bathroom floor was chipped and dirty. The bottom of the tub was BLACK with dirt. I put a towel down when I took a shower. The toilet wasn't even bolted to the floor!!!!
Their spa packages may be nice, but I will never know. I will not return as a guest to the Senator.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Marke W
Also consider these accommodations in or near Augusta
Homewood Suites by Hilton Augusta
Maple Hill Farm Inn and Conference Center
Hampton Inn Waterville
Hampton Inn Waterville
#1 of 6 in Waterville

Been to Senator Inn & Spa? Share your experiences!