“Not what I thought....”

Senator Inn & Spa
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Augusta
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed December 9, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed in Augusta several times over the past few months. I've seen pictures of the Senator and have driven by several times. I decided to give it a try. The rate was incredible.... It was too good to be true. I was upgraded to a Presidential Suite. It looks like a Hampton Inn type room, not any bigger. The only difference is the Senators room was dingy, old and dirty. Not at all what I hoped for. It reminds me of a hotel you could rent by the hour. There were cigarette burns on the chair. The bathroom floor was chipped and dirty. The bottom of the tub was BLACK with dirt. I put a towel down when I took a shower. The toilet wasn't even bolted to the floor!!!!
Their spa packages may be nice, but I will never know. I will not return as a guest to the Senator.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Marke W

Reviewed December 7, 2013

As a Maine State Legislator the Senator is my "home away from home". They make the time away from my regular home very comfortable. I can not say too many good things about the way they treat their customers! I would recommend the Senator for one night or, weeks and months.

Room Tip: The Spa rooms are well worth the extra cost!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 3, 2013

We stayed at the Senator Inn for a special evening and it was more then we could have expected. The room was absolutely beautiful, we stayed in a King Spa Suite. We enjoyed a wonderful dinner in the restaurant. We especially loved the fireplace and Jacuzzi tub we had in the room. It was one of the most beautiful evening we have had at a hotel. We will definitely be returning very soon.

Room Tip: King Spa Suite is roomy, comfortable and fireplace and Jacuzzi tub makes it worth the stay.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 2, 2013

We've stayed at the Senator for years and have always enjoyed the property! Our children especially enjoy the beautiful pool/spa area and the restaurant is always top-notch! We have normally stayed in one of the queen suites, which are very nice. This year we opted for a more budget conscious room and were a bit disappointed with the condition of the room. We were in one of the lower rooms which had not been updated in many years by the looks of it. The bathroom tile was yellow, sink cracked and the shower was erratic... not what we have experienced in the rest of the property, which has always been well maintained. I think they need to invest in making sure that all the rooms are up to snuff! We will continue to be loyal customers and overall were satisfied with our most recent stay.

Room Tip: Ask for an updated room. The suites are especially nice.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 30, 2013

Whenever I am in Augusta, Me which is about four times a year to visit family, I stay at the Senator Inn and Spa. The rooms are clean and affordable. It is worth it if you want a treat to stay in the suites as breakfast is free and the accommodations make you feel like royalty. The continental breakfast is terrific. The room staff and restaurant staff are very helpful and each time you go you will feel like you are at home.....My preference for Maine is the Senator Inn & Spa....Oh! Don't forget the pool and spa offerings.

Room Tip: I would try to stay in a suite if you have the opportunity. It is a little more money but very much...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
JDDWentworth, Manager at Senator Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

It was delightful reading your review Lillian, Thank you!

Reviewed November 30, 2013

We stay at the Senator several times every year and you can always count on a clean, comfortable room. The bathroom in the room we stayed in was just upgraded (complete renovation with new tiled shower) and was very nice. The amenities at the Senator make it a great value for families.

Room Tip: Take a look at the website which shows room options.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for sharing Patricia. We are working hard to have all of the bathrooms in the Congressional Wing completed by March!

Reviewed November 24, 2013

We came up for an all girls weekend and everything was amazing. The indoor pool was gorgeous and our massages were incredible. We stayed in the upstairs rooms called the spa suites which were very comfortable for us. All of the staff were very friendly from checking in with the front desk, to the waitresses for the free breakfast the next morning.

The girls and I cannot wait to come back for another weekend!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

It was a pleasure hosting your girls getaway! We hope to see you again soon Kate.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Augusta
Homewood Suites by Hilton Augusta
Maple Hill Farm Inn and Conference Center
Hampton Inn Waterville
Hampton Inn Waterville
#1 of 6 in Waterville

Been to Senator Inn & Spa? Share your experiences!