“Good Accommodations”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Wautoma
“Good Accommodations”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

The Senator Inn and Spa offer some unique amenities, huge inside pool along with an outside pool. Offers an excercise room with great equipment and kept clean by the motels spa staff. The rooms are adequate offering refrigs, micro, and coffee along with being clean and comfortable. The included breakfast buffet is in the restaurant so nice ambience along with a very nice offering of hot and cold breakfast items. The staff was friendly both at check in and departure along with the restaurant staff. I would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Eugene F

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
St-Edouard
Reviewed August 23, 2013

We've stayed @ Senator Inn & Spa many times. This time we brought the kids... they loved it as much as we do. Breakfast is the BEST! STaff is always friendly. Spa area is one of the best too.Looking forward to staying again!!

Room Tip: Spa suites are a great treat. Super Large rooms, fireplace, jaccuzi tub, some have small doors and s...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank TamieLee
Reviewed August 8, 2013

We always stay at the Senator Inn & Spa when visiting family in the Augusta, ME area. They have excellent staff that are friendly and helpful. The breakfast is not just pastries or toast, it is a full breakfast - and very good service. Great location - convenient to most things. Rooms are clean and comfortable. I enjoyed the spa shampoo, conditioner, and soap in the room even though I didn't get to try the spa.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Red1957
JDDWentworth, Manager at Senator Inn & Spa, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Senator Inn & Spa as your choice Augusta Maine hotel. We are thrilled that you enjoy your time with us and hope to see you again soon!
Reviewed August 6, 2013

The indoor pool was unique - very peaceful. The suites are beautiful. Full breakfast included.Great service: very welcoming. Rooms are large, clean, nice. Location is right off the highway and convenient to many sights, stores and restaurants.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Inspired23
Thank you Inspired23! We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the services offered by the Spa and Cloud 9 restaurant. We strive to provide each and every guest with everything they need to make their stay extraordinary. We hope to see you again soon!
Maine, United States
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I was very confused and shocked by my experiences at the Senator Inn in Augusta. I had heard good things about this establishment from fellow coworkers and I was excited to get a pedicure at the spa, however, I was extremely disappointed with this hotel after my one night stay there last week. I arrived at the Senator late at night after a long, exhausting drive. I was not pleased with the performance of the front desk associate (I'm guessing he was the night auditor?) who was working that evening. He struck me as neither friendly, professional, nor appreciative of my business. He also seemed very preoccupied with whatever task he was completing on the front desk computer. I felt as though I was burdening him with my presence. Anyway, upon walking into my dark, dank, mustard-colored room, my whole body immediately felt itchy and gross. I was supposed to stay at the Senator Inn for 3 days, but checked out after my first night there because my feet literally became sticky after walking across the floor without my shoes. DISGUSTING. The room was also very outdated and reeked of cigarettes even though I requested a non-smoking room. The bathroom was tiny and I found it difficult to navigate my way to the toilet without closing the door which barely cleared the vanity/sink. The sink counter top was also very tiny and I had zero space for my belongings. It was as though I had stepped back into the 70s and was staying in a hostel in Europe. I was scared to leave my suitcase on the carpet (I used to work in the hospitality industry and I'm paranoid of bedbugs), so I decided to leave it in the already tiny bathroom and had to jump over it to get to the toilet. Not fun. Also, the parking lot was almost impossible to navigate and it accumulated a lot of rainwater. Thus said, I stepped in several puddles and also had to drag my suitcase through a huge puddle just to get back to my car. EW. I can't comment on the spa (which is a shame, because my room was right next to the spa) or breakfast as I did not stay long enough to check either of them out. Needless to say, I WILL NOT STAY HERE AGAIN!

Attention State of Maine employees: Book your next stay at the Comfort Inn! I guarantee that you will get a far nicer room than what you could hope to find at the Senator. After I checked out of the Senator and cancelled my reservations for the following weeks, I made reservations at the Comfort which is less than one mile from Kaplan University as compared to the Senator's 4 miles.

Room Tip: My room was right next to the spa, so if you MUST stay here (I pity you), you may have better luck b...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank agagno00
Calais, Maine
Reviewed July 29, 2013

For years my wife and I have been staying at the Senator Inn whenever we were in the Augusta area. We were there last week and were quite disappointed. The front desk personnel were less than welcoming. The air conditioning controls were impossible to adjust precisely and the fan was very loud. The most terrible deficit was that multiple wheeled hampers (not housekeeping's) filled with trash and strong orders were left in the hallway near the entry of the restaurant. Lastly the cost was more that I expect for a similar hotel room in Northern Maine. We did not feel the cost was exorbitant in the past when the services were
On the plus side the restaurant is excellent and if you're there for supper be sure to ask to be put at one of Patty's tables. The spa is very good but too busy. Be sure to make spa appointments before you arrive. The indoor pool is salt water which means less chlorine and more buoyancy.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
JDDWentworth, Manager at Senator Inn & Spa, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
ScottWinMaine,
We appreciate your review and your patronage. We regret that your most recent stay with us was not as satisfying as you have experienced in the past. The service you received upon check-in was unacceptable and we apologize. The necessary steps have been taken to prevent such disservice from happening again in the future. We do have staff on duty 24 hours a day that are always willing to help with any issues our guest may encounter. Thank you for your compliments regarding our Spa and the Cloud 9 restaurant. We hope you choose to continue staying at the Senator Inn & Spa on your next trip to central Maine.
Cambridge, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

Right off the highway, the Senator is very convenient and easy to get to. Everything is pleasant but rooms could use updates. Ours had some bulbs out, lumpy pillows-- that sort of thing. Breakfast way better than expected... With good service and nice choices. Suggestion? Some hard boiled eggs for people who don't eat meat since there was ham in the scrambled eggs. All in all -- good enough. Would stay again....

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank SLRS5
Thank you for sharing your experience SLRS5. We are currently working on updating throughout the building and hope you will see improvement when you stay again. Our 24 hour front desk staff is happy to help you with any inconveniences you might be experiencing during your stay and we will keep your suggestions in mind as we are always trying to improve in all areas of service. Thank you again for sharing.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Augusta
Homewood Suites by Hilton Augusta
Maple Hill Farm Inn
Maple Hill Farm Inn
#1 of 1 in Hallowell
Fairfield Inn & Suites Augusta

Been to Senator Inn & Spa? Share your experiences!